The Fall of the Star Clan RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Fall of the Star Clan RP
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #0
This is my first shot at starting an RP topic. I hope I do alright, but don't be surprised if I don't. Here goes...

The Star clan had always been a prevalant power on the continent of Timat. The clan, worshipers of the heavens, had been on the continent so long no one even bothered trying to comprehend the age of it. Always had they hoped for some way to tap into the divine power of the heavens. And they got it. In the form of a meteor hurtling through the night sky straight at their most sacred sanctum. Aside from the obviously devastating effects of this, a mysterious thing started devastating the surrounding areas. A group of elite adventurers has been sent to deal with this. It is the hope of all that they succeed.

Here are the rules.
No spamming, hijacking the plot, or god PCs (That means you FB)
No killing of other characters
And that just about covers it. Have fun and good luck.
Now my Character:

Name: Izzannor Curtrias
Eyes: Steely-Blue
Hair: Blond
Equip: Golden Longsword (un ID'd), Iron Plate, Iron Small Shield, Boots of Speed
Backstory:
Izzannor was the eldest of five children. His father had been a knight, so it was basically a certainty for him to become one as well. His training began at 12, and was knighted four years later. in the years following, he had completed quests for small towns but was eventually drawn to the continent of Timat after hearing of its mysterious waning. He found a ride aboard a small ferry, and the adventure begins...

IC: Izzannor gazed across the the sparkling ocean at the radiant sunrise. He sighed, thinking of his home and his father. He had heard of his dearest father's death just before he left. He was just getting over the sadness that followed.
This voyage had been hard thus far, but they were set to put into port in a few hours. he sat in his cabin, awaiting his arrival at Timat.

[ Sunday, November 02, 2003 16:16: Message edited by: Izzannor of the Wind Blade ]

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #1
OOC: I love RPs, and don't care how many I am in at once.

IC: Name: Charlotova Musgrave
Nickname: Charlotte or "Charts"
Height: 5'9"
Hair Color: Reddish blonde
Weight: 125 lbs.
Armor: Robe-covered Brass armor. Her robes are of a purplish color.
Weapon: She primarily uses magic, but likes using a bardiche that her parents gave to her as a gift from them and the king when she left to live on her own.
Demeanor: Okay, as long as you don't make her mad.
Background: Charlotte is one of three children in the Musgrave family. Her parents are mages for the king, and are well known in her homeland of Carpathia. She was educated by her parents and is a mediocre, but excellent mage. Her two siblings are mages also and she hasn't seen them since she left on her own several years ago. She heard about the plight of this community and is traveling to it by boat to offer her assistance. She has heard that her siblings have traveled there as well to help and looks forward to seeing them again.

She sees a man with blonde hair, a steel long sword, iron plate armor, an iron shield, and some speed boots. She has learned to recognize all types of armor and all types of magic and magical items. Her parents gave her a ring of unknown summoning as a gift before she left on her own and also a necklace that can be used to recharge her magical powers. She sees many other adventurers and they all seem to be looking at her with wonder. Tis true that Charlotte inherited great beauty from her mother and an aurora of someone not to be trifled with form her father.

She leans on the railing of the boat and looks out at the water, wondering what the land she is traveling to looks like and how wonderful it will be to see her siblings. She steps away from it and heads into the boat and to her cabin. Then she lies down and soon falls asleep.

OOC: I hope this RP takes off, it sounds interesting.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #2
OOC: RP's are great, but now I have to think up ANOTHER character... this will be difficult...

Name: Martin Kadsworth
Eyes: Deep, dark, brooding brown.
Hair: Brown. Like a brunette.
Desc: He wears a brown robe about him, and wears no armor at all. However, he has on simple boots for travel and always carries his backpack around. His attitude is very cool, until you actually hurt him. Then he gets pissed.
Weapons: Two iron flails, with decorated handles.
Background: Martin actually was an Exile before this. His younger years were that of searching for an exit out of exile. He joined a small band, and managed to escape with them. (I had one of the characters in BTM, but I dropped out when I couldn't grab hold of the story.) After reaching the surface, he left the party and became a mercenary. For some reason, he had very bad luck in many things, from just finding a job to actually screwing it up horribly. He came upon this boat in hopes that this time, he won't mess up the job once more.

IC:
Martin sat upon a coil of rope, looking outward into the sea. Land could be seen pretty easily, as they began to near Timat. Maybe I'll get a good job here... Martin thought to himself. He chanced upon a girl leaning against the side rails and smirked, evil thoughts entering his mind. How about you take that off for me? His smirk became a smile. The girl looked back at him, her purplish robe swirling. She smile sweetly at him, and his smile beamed a little brighter. How about NO? A telepathic talk hit him so quickly that he fell inside the coil of rope he was sitting on. "Woa.. Ouch!" He bumped his head on the deck inside the coil and was stuck. "Ger.. Hi... Help me, I can't get out of here!" The girl merely moved to a different spot, leaving Martin to squirm about in the coils of rope.

OOC: Hope that is an ok entrance. MSW, since your character is a mage, I just thought to give her a telepathic power. Hope that doesn't mess you up.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
Breathing gently in the cargo holds of the barge to Timat, Teroro waited.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
I guess I'll join, and stop pointing the gun at me!

Name: Toric "Zephyr" Te-Em-Zire
Species: Human child/Lesser Demonic Mutant Creature
Weapons: As innocent child: only his fists and feet. As Lesser Demonic Mutant Creature: Ice breath, biting, clawing, and tail slash
Abilities: As human child: Battle morph(Activated by extreme anger, or a way of retaliation.). As LDMC: Ice breath, gliding(Not true flying.), Child Morph(Activated by victory, or severe wounding or diseasing.)
Description: As human child: 4 ft. 11" tall, dark brown hair, brown eyes, black shoes, blue pants, and aqua shirt. As LDMC:6 ft. 6" tall, imagine a blue drake from A3, give it a more human shape, and replace the triangle(Or whatever is at the end of it's tail) with a tail end looking like a stegosaurus's. Make the teeth from the upper jaw show slightly when mouth is closed.
Known history: For all of Toric's life, he was just an above-average child, until one day his village was attacked by wolves, he was bitten...and to everyone's suprise, he changed!

I know...
Someone:"Zephyr, can't you just EVER choose a normal character?
Me: "To be honest...no." IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Fall of the Star Clan RP1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #5
IC:
"Land Ho!!!" The ships lookout shouted.
"We're there! Finally!" Izzannor shouted.
"We should put into Kire soon." Said the ship's captain. The group arrives, but instead of the lively port city they had expected, the found only a deserted and ransacked bunch of buildings and fields.
"What happened here?" Asked Charlotte."I thought there would be poeple here, not charred ruins."
A moment of stunned silence followed, which Izzannor broke with an idea for finding where to go next. "I think we should spread out and look for survivors. They might be able to tell us something."

OOC: At this point, there are several rouge Shadow Beasts (shape changers resembling alien beasts in their true forms) disguised as townspeople. Also, the town is laid out so that there are houses on the western edge of town, a town hall in the center, an inn near the docks in the south, fields in the north, and shops in the east.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese

Not a Chance!

Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #6
Double Post. I'm sorry.

[ Tuesday, October 28, 2003 12:23: Message edited by: Izzannor of the Wind Blade ]

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese

Not a Chance!

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #7
*A child walks out of the inn. He couldn't be older than 12, or younger than 11. He stares at Izzannor like he's never seen a human before(At least I THINK Izzannor is a human.).*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #8
OOC: Hmmm... I should have more free time now that I am unhindered by the torment of my school. An RP sounds like fun.

Name: Blaze
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Equip: 2 Mithril broadswords, Mithril Chainmail, Boots of speed, Ring of speed, Ring of Resistance, Onyx Amulet, Ruined Helm
Backstory: All that anyone knows about Blaze is that he roams the lands in search of battle. It is rare for him to not be engaged in some kind of quest or war. Many creatures have fallen to the might of his blades and the power of his magic, though much of his work is forgotten by most.

IC:
Quickly Blaze arises from the ground where he slept. As he looked around and to his suprise he had no idea where he was, as if he had just appeared there in his sleep. Strange how these things just happen. Without a word, Blaze wonders around until he comes across a woman in purple robes.

OOC: I really need to do more RPs. That post was too weak. Oh well. Perhaps I will remember how it's supposed to be done as we go.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #9
OOC: Well, seeing as my character is no longer sleeping, I will explain it away as she couldn't fall asleep and came back out on the deck to pass the time.

IC: The boat docks at the worn and almost crumbling pier. As the people step out of the boat and onto the pier, carrying their belongings with them from the cargo hold, the pier groans and sways under their weight. Charlotte observes this and warns the others.

Charlotte: "Everyone, stop!!!! This pier obviously has not been used in a while and will not hold our combined weight. I suggest that we cross it one at a time. I will go first and test it. Everyone else, stay in the boat!!!"

With that, Charlotte steps onto the pier and carriers her suitcases with her. As she gets half way across it, she senses something amiss and stops. She puts down her suitcases and examines the wooden in front of her without touching it. The people in the boat ask her why she has stopped and she soon responds.

Charlotte: "Thermal charges!!! No one follow me!!! Let me disarm the trap first!! Someone obviously doesn't want us to be here."

She opens one of her suitcases and pulls out a short piece of wood. She says a few strange words and it suddenly lengthens in both directions at least a foot. She then starts tapping the wooden planks ahead of her and soon stops, apparently satisfied with having found something. She picks up her suitcases and backs up a little.

She sets them down ten feet from the middle and starts to chant some strange magic words. She points her hands at the planks and soon a gray light shoots from them. They hit the planks and a zapping noise can be heard, like the sound of an electrical line being severed. Then there are several splashes in the water below and the people on the boat look in the water. There are no less than 12 thermal charge bombs floating in the water, completely defused.

She picks up her suitcases and continues to walk the rest of the pier length. She arrives safely on the mainland and turns around.

Charlotte: It is safe to cross now. But please, one at a time. That rickety old pier won't hold up under a dozen sets of feet."

With that, she turns towards the ruined village and looks for the local inn. Seeing what appears to be one, she heads towards it.

OOC: I hope that gives an idea of what lies in store for us. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The Fall of the Star Clan RP1_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #10
"Why is it never easy" Blaze stated just before teleporting to the shore. Eventually, everyone makes it to the shore and they quickly catch up to Charlotte, who had gotten ahead of everyone.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #11
*After a few seconds of staring, the child runs back into the inn. Charlotte enters just a little behind him. The child whips around.*
Child(Suprised): "BAH!" *Wide eyes.* "A NORMAL person? A NORMAL woman?" *Charlotte doesn't seem to like the way he said normal. The rest then come in.* "What are you doing here?" *All around him are dusty old walls that could use repairing and dusting, and the innkeeper isn't there at the moment. Just the child that also seemed to need dusting. Everyone notices the odd glint that seemed to be in his eyes when he said "What are you doing here", it seems very odd, like the inn. The child kept his distance from the group.* "I am called Toric." *Everyone notices he seems to have trouble speeking like english wasn't his first language.*

[ Tuesday, October 28, 2003 15:39: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #12
At the edge of a cliff, Whitemask observed. Perhaps, some assistance may actually be available for his near-eternal quest. He pulled a large gem out of an ornate shoulder pack and stared at it for a while. The gem was the crystallized heart of his wife, and also contained her soul. Perhaps, in this land, I may find something... that will allow you to live again, he thought. Slowly, the blademaster, clad in mostly white, placed the gem back and headed down to the port city...

OOC: Whitemask/Wise Man wields dual blades that can combine to form a twin blade sword. And yes, he DOES wear a white mask that covers most of his face. Except the mouth. Otherwise he won't be able to eat without taking the mask off.

[ Tuesday, October 28, 2003 17:58: Message edited by: Wisemancraft III: The Fried Tongues ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #13
Martin looked about the town, noticing every detail. Heavily charred buildings, crumbling walls, destroyed fields. The town itself was a disaster area. He couldn't help but feel a bit akward when he saw that a child was still here, but no one else was. "Hey, kid, could you tell us why your the only one here?" Martin asked. "I mean, there just has to be some sort of reason why only one child is left in such a port town like this."

OOC: Sorry, MSW. =( My misreading caused you to wake up. Whoops. Sorry...

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #14
Teroro peeked his head out of the hold. There were still some crewmen around, who didn't want to set foot on the deserted island. Teroro drew his knife and stole up on several of the sailors. Silently, he slit their throats and dragged them into the hold where he had been. He knew the type of sailors they were - uncouth heathens that waited for the local girls at every port. Their death was no great sorrow.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Tommy:

Martin looked about the town, noticing every detail. Heavily charred buildings, crumbling walls, destroyed fields. The town itself was a disaster area. He couldn't help but feel a bit akward when he saw that a child was still here, but no one else was. "Hey, kid, could you tell us why your the only one here?" Martin asked. "I mean, there just has to be some sort of reason why only one child is left in such a port town like this."

OOC: Sorry, MSW. =( My misreading caused you to wake up. Whoops. Sorry...

Child(Toric): *Slightly angrily.* "Why do YOU need to know that? You shouldn't even BE here. You've endangered yourself!"

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #16
There is little that is left of this city... Whitemask said to himself. Funny how it looked better from above.

He noticed a party of adventurers that had just arrived at the port. Perhaps they will be of assistance, although it is likely that only one or two will be actually useful. The blademaster was also asked to investigate some strange destructive creature in this continent. Perhaps, these adventurers were hired to do the same thing...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #17
OOC: I'm not staying in this creepy town.

IC: Charlotte looks around the inn and realizes that it hasn't been used in a long time. She looks at the child more closely and can tell that he isn't human. She feels right away that there is something terribly wrong with this child and decides right then and there to leave the inn. She picks up her suitcases and walks out. Some adventurers ask her what she is doing, and she stops dead in her tracks. She turns around with a frightened look on her face.

Charlotte: "There is something majorly wrong with this land. My two siblings are on this continent somewhere, and I need to find them. Not to mention this town is dead. I sense that there is a terribly evil presence here and I am not staying in this town for one solitary night. I wouldn't get too close to that supposed child if I were you. I sensed a shape shifter. I am going on to the next town. There is nothing here for you or me. Are you going to join me or not?"

She waits for a response.

OOC: I am going to make my character very active and like a watchdog for the others' safety.

[ Wednesday, October 29, 2003 05:53: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #18
Martin was about to get ready to punch the child for impudent remark, stopped when he heard Charts. He decided to be the Lady's man.

"Well, I'll join and assist you," Martin spoke. "I see no need to be with this... Child. How about we part away from this town now, as to avoid such evil? I'll keep watch over you-" Before he could finish his line, Charts walked right up to him and socked him in the face. He fell heavily, cracking a weak floorboard.

"Ow! Jeez, you've got some... hey, what's under here?" Martin looked. Skulls were down underneath the foundation of the house. Many bones, many still with rotting old meat, were piled underneath. Amazing how no one smelt it. "OH MY GOD!!!" Martin screamed. "WHAT THE H*LL IS THAT STUFF?"

OOC: Gee, why not have some little suprise. The child might have to explain why such stuff is under the house. And Yeah, Martin is a bastard.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #19
Toric(Child): *Everyone is VERY startled when he replies with a burp! The air seems strangly a bit cooler.* "You can call me Toric. And why would I join YOU? There's probably nothing in it that I'd want."

OOC: Yes, in child form Toric can be VERY annoying.

If he gets attacked, I'D like to post the mutation.*

[ Wednesday, October 29, 2003 09:35: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #20
OOC: can i start some sort of sidequest related to the main quest here, involving a group of higher undead battling demons and the sort that the catastrophic thing from the intro introduced? the undead would be the powerful beings that were forcibly raised from the dead like liches and undead rangers and vampires - but they were too powerful to be controlled. i'll tell more later if this is approved.

IC:
(will come later)

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #21
OOC: Fine with me, Wiseman, as long as you dont encounter the thing. I will announce that later.

IC: Izzannor walked over to the boy. He noticed that something was a bit... Off about him. He walked up to the boy and closed his eyes to search his soul, and jumped back immediately. He goes over to the others and says "That kid is a shape-shifter. Not a shadow beast, mind you, and relatively harmless if we keep our distance."
At this point, a sheep had walked over to the boy. Izzannor immediately drew his weapon and decapitated it. Black blood spurted al over the place. "Hey!" said the boy "That sheep was my friend!" He then morphs and jumps at Izzannor.
"I'll bet you like the cold, but how about elctricity?" Izzannor Raises his hands, and huge bolts shoot out of them, stopping the boy as well as leaving him convulsing. "Let's get out of here, and now!" Charlotte said, with some urgency in her voice. "I agree. Let's go!" Izzannor replied.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese

Not a Chance!

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #22
The party suddenly started running, and would've run Whitemask over in a stampede if he had not leaped into the air to evade them. The masked blademaster then chased the party, and caught up with them quickly. He called for them to stop. They were surprised to see a lithe blademaster in mostly white, wearing a white mask that covered most of the face. Two identical, sheathed blades lay strapped to his sides. "I can see that we're all in the same boat," Whitemask said. "I wish to know your professions. Hopefully there shouldn't be any ... freshmen among us."

[ Wednesday, October 29, 2003 15:38: Message edited by: Wisemancraft III: The Fried Tongues ]

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #23
*The group continues running once a lance of ice hits the ground, nearly hitting Whitemask. Whitemask turns around in horror as he sees a demonic creature sprinting in his direction.*
Toric: "RRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *The ground shakes slightly.*

[ Wednesday, October 29, 2003 16:02: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #24
OOC: I really should stop trying to have a life... Or at least while in a RP.

IC:
"When are we going to kill some stuff and make the world a better place so I can hurry up and go do the exact same thing I'm doing now, only somewhere else" Blaze thought. Then Blaze stood around and watched the surrounding events with mild interest.

Pages