New RP: The Greywraith Clan

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New RP: The Greywraith Clan
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
IC: Pthalos was just about to get another one of his frequent fits. These people had the AUDACITY - of course that was not the word Pthalos used, he preferred shorter ones - the AUDACITY to lock them in a room, and then bring them out and stage an attack so they would have no choice but to fight their enemies? This was a bloody *arena*!

Pthalos began to wish he had chosen to become a mage instead, some spells would be useful now. But he had nothing except his sword, and his ring was up in the room; he had only brought his weapon after all, nothing else.

One of the Greywraith fighters came for him; he deflected the blow of the staff in a flurry of brilliant sparks - Lucky I brought a steel blade. Iron couldn't withstand that kind of heat I guess. - and did not stop, but ran onwards. The next fighter he passed managed to get in a blow to his, well, his posterior end. It did not burn through the leather, but it was still extremely painful.

That was the final straw. Pthalos exploded in a flurry of steel once more, shouting obscenities. He was not Pthalos now, he was Rendall. Rendall the berserk.

"You just wait, you —ing goblin. They don't call me Rend-all for nothing!"

The clan fighter narrowly missed Rendall's nose with his staff; he could feel the heat on his face; droplets of sweat formed on his forehead. But even a strong, dextrous fighter with a super-heated staff has to make mistakes on occasion, and in this case it was miscalculating the swing. Had Rendall been hit, his head would have been knocked straight off by the force of the blow. But the staff passed through empty air, and a metal staff has quite a weight. The warrior spun to the side, pulled by his own blow. He quickly reversed the swing to get in another one, but not fast enough. A single swordthrust to the face was all Rendall needed: The steel blade crunched into his enemy's head with a sickening noise. Twitching, the Greywraith warrior crashed to the floor, burying the heated staff beneath him. There was a sizzling and the smell of burnt flesh.

((ooc: I'm assuming they aren't invulnerable against their own staffs, are they?))

His rage satisfied for the moment, Pthalos Vinasray surveyed the raging battle around him. He couldn't believe his luck - these fighters were far above him in skill and strength. But not in rage. Maybe I should try to take that staff, it certainly seems like a powerful weapon. But Pthalos could not grab the hot end, and turning over the body to get at the grip would have taken too long. Besides, he didn't know how it worked, and with a red-hot rod of iron, the trial-and-error way was risky to say the least.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #26
Zir: They may be physically able, but are they MENTALLY able? *He is cornered by one of them, but then he manipulates his blades. The GreyWraith fighter seems to be very distracted, Zir tries to strike, but then the fighter came out of the trance immediatly. Zir started the manipulating again.* "Someone help! If I stop confusing it, it'll slice me!"

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
The Greywraith jabbed his staff forward suddenly, too fast for Zir to dodge, but then an odd look crossed the inhuman face and the clansman collapsed, blood leaking from five large wounds through his neck. Shern waved his bloody hand at Zir and leapt back at the other attackers.

Barely catching a glimpse of the charging enemy, Shern turned and futilely raised one hand to block. Arch interposed his own blade, deflecting the atack enough so that it struck Shern's arm rather than his face. The staff made a high-pitched ringing noise, almost as though it had hit a solid stone, and Shern cried out as his arm charred. Still, he managed to bring his other hand around and nearly decapitate his opponent with sharpened nails.

Others fared similarly. Although the clansmen died, each one inflicted a few wounds, and soon the sheer press of numbers had the group pressed into a corner. Most of the other fighters were already dead, and the Greywraiths were still pouring into the room.

—Alorael, who isn't willing to give up his signature yet, even for RP's.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #28
OOC: I guess I'll jump in now while I have a chance.

Firedrake skillfully fought his enemies with his short swords, cleaving a path through to one of the sides. He made it to a corner with Zir and Shern and turned around, defending zealously...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #29
Zir: *Turns to Shern and Firedrake.* "I can distract the GreyWraith warriors long enough for you to you slice their heads off. Deal?"

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #30
Gerhalt showed a rather unknown power: Healing.
With muttered words, he began healing other warriors, keeping to the back of the rank. One of the clansmen managed to get behind and strike at him, but Gerhalt deflected the attack with agility. The clansman fell right after, swords protuding (sp?) out of his back from other warriors. The battle continue to rage, with more fighters falling each second...

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #31
OOC: I think I will enter the fight, but from an unlikely place.

IC: Raitt wakes up in his room. He removes his earplugs and sets them on his table. Then he opens the door and looks out. The building is eerily silent. He thinks he can hear some sounds of non-tournament fighting off in the distance from his window and through the passage, so he gets himself prepared. He undresses, freshens up in the bathroom, and begins dressing in fresh clothes.

He can see in the mirror his nice array of muscles as he goes for his fighting clothes. He puts on A black unmentionable, a black pair of jeans, a midnight blue t-shirt, black socks, some contacts to replace his glasses, and then very thin midnight blue gloves. They he starts on his armor. He opens a crate and pulls out a very shiny helm made of a platinum-steel blend. It is enchanted to never rust and can't be destroyed unless melted.

Next, he pulls out a very shiny cloak of chain mail. It is made of the same platinum-steel and has the same qualities of the helm, but is also enchanted with speed and blesses the user. He puts it on and then moves on to his boots. He wears titanium-reinforced boots, because he doesn't like taking chances with getting his shoes ruined.

He moves onto his weapons and weapon-holding gear. He puts on two sheaths crossing each other and then puts on a throwing knife belt under his chain mail and across his chest. Then he sets to work at putting each throwing knife in each place. Then he pulls out a second belt and puts it on just under the throwing knife belt. He pulls out a small wooden box and opens the lock on it.

He pulls out several assassin darts and takes the time to dip every single dart in it. The darts have a kind of syringe-tip on them so a good amount of poison can be administered. Then he puts each carefully in place on the belt. After that, he moves onto his leg protection. He pulls out of another crate, a bunch of chain mail made especially for his legs. They are like pants, but made out of chain mail. They are made of the same material as the helm and chain mail top and contain the same enchanting as the latter.

He pulls something out of a crate and attaches it to his shoe, then does the same for the other. When he finishes, he has two small dagger blades sticking out of his shoes from a concealed slot in each sole. He clicks his heels on the ground and makes each blade slip into its concealing space. He opens the longest box amongst the crates and lifts out two very shiny and very well built broadswords. They are made of the same platinum-steel alloy as the armor and are blessed as well. He carefully puts them in the sheaths on his back and goes back for more weapons, eventually adding two daggers attached to his sides, a steel whip at his waist belt, several knives tucked away on his person, and a magical sword he hides on him. It is for emergencies only and is powerful, having the ability to cut through most anything.

He looks at himself in the mirror as he puts on his black ninja mask. He knows he is not a ninja, but he likes to pretend he is. He takes a last glance at his spell book, being a user of the black magic arts, and gets some food from the icebox. He grabs his door key from the table and walks out of the room, shutting and locking the door behind him. Then he places a powerful black magic ward on the door and leaves. He knows he can always come back to his room for more supplies if he needs them. He has many replacements for his weapons. He then heads for the battle, taking his time to get there so he can conserve his energy.

OOC: Despite my character's weapons and looks, he isn't anywhere near as strong as he appears to be. His armor does not make him anywhere near invincible. I merely meant that it cannot be destroyed, but he can be injured very easily through it. He moves very quickly and with much agility because of the blessed items he wears. He can also cast certain types of magic; all spells a part of the black magic he knows.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #32
OOC: Maybe I wasn't clear enough (Actually I wasn't.) These guys are very tough and can swing their staves with deadly speed and accuracy. Their mutation did not boost their strength very much, but they are stealthy and extremely intelligent. If someone started to do fancy blade tricks to try and distract them, they would just beat them to a pulp. I'm not mad or anything, this is just a heads up for future posts.

IC:
Thompson put an arrow to his bow, and looked around for a clear shot. To his left, a path was slowly being made by one of the clansman, stave swinging everywhere slaying all who got to close.
The path opened up and Thompson saw his chance. Pulling the string back, Thompson let his arrow lose at the clansman's head, but with much surprise the man deflected it. The clansman advanced on Thompson, twirling his staff around his body to block attacks from all sides so fast that it looked as though he had a personal forcefield. Thompson knew none of his arrows were going to land and he was finished. Then out of nowhere a battle hammer was flung at the clansman knocking his staff and pushing it into his own chest. Screaming in agony the clansman fell over dead, melting on his own staff. Then the fighter came and retrived his hammer. Thompson recognized him to be Dern.

Dern (Looking at Thompson): "I'm not that much of an ****er to watch everyone die."

Dern then walked away to help more of the fighters.

[ Sunday, October 26, 2003 09:10: Message edited by: Infuriated Slith ]

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #33
*Zir moved from the corner towards a Clansman.*
Clansman: "Grrrrrrrrr......." *Attempts to strike Zir with his staff.*
Zir: *Parries(Not on the part of the staff that melts things.) and delivers a counterstrike, knocking the staff out of teh Clansman's hand.* "You have been disarmed, you are at my mercy!" *He starts fighting, but the Clansman keeps catching his blows, making it very difficult to hit him. Zir then sees his staff in reach. He grabes it and then strikes at the Clansman with it. He catches it, but then his hand melts!*
Clansman: "GGEEEEAAAAUUURRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!" *Takes a step back, then retreats too quickly for Zir to follow.*
Zir: Wow, I have a GreyWraith staff!

OOC: Hey, his Broadswords are double-edged, and double-bladed! It's easy for Zir to parry!

[ Sunday, October 26, 2003 10:02: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #34
Taihen had been watching the fight from a building he had scaled. Neither side seemed to be gaining ground. As Taihen watched, he heard something moving on the other side of the roof. As he turned, a greywraith lunged on to the roof with one mighty pull. Taihen simply hit him in the forehead with his palm as he landed, and immediately followed with a sweeping kick to the back of the legs. As the greywraith started to fall, Taihen grabbed his staff with both hands and twisted the staff into the monster's face. The monster howled before the staff burned through its head. Taihen now had a burning staff.
"...Groovy."
OOC: sorry for the allusion. I couldn't resist.

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #35
OOC: If the greywraith dudes were that easy to kill, why do you think anyone would bother "hiring" soldiers...

IC:

As Zir and Taihen both grab a greywraith staff, they immediatly drop them hands chared. Neither has the mental capacity or power to keep the magic flames from touching their skin.

OOC: The Greywraith dudes have to focus alot of energy on keeping the staff from burning themselves. The only reason that one guy got killed by his own staff is because Dern surprised him.

Sorry for the "technicalities" I still need to work out a few kinks.

"...Groovy," Evil Dead?

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #36
Seeing several others trying to pick up dropped staves and getting burned, Pthalos was relieved he hadn't tried to take the one of his opponent. Dodging another swung staff by ducking out from under it, he slams the sword down hard on the bare head of the fighter, splitting his skull. What an unbelievable luck he was having today. Deciding to withdraw for a while, Pthalos ran for a spot the Greywraiths had not reached yet. On the way, he got another hit from a heated staff, nearly missing his neck but scalding his shoulder. Luckily, it was his right - he was left-handed.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #37
*Zir runs around(Swords sheethed) trying to find a scource of water. He came upon a pool of water for washing hands. He dipped his hands into it. A lot of the water evaporated.*
Zir: *Looks at hands.* "Shoot, 3rd degree burns! I saved my hands just in time, though." *Sighs wiht relief.* "How long will these take to heal?" *Yells and slams fist beside nearly-empty pool.* "AAAAAGGGHHH! That smarts!"

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #38
Backed up against the wall, Aran yet again feels sorely his lack of speed. Holding his falchions in front of him, he can easily protect himself due to his greater reach, but striking back is more of a problem. Closing his eyes, allowing his hands to work automatically, he seeks a level of calm that has been roughly shed away by the battle. The movements of his hands, responding to the heat of the staves, become more and more distant, irrelevant. Aran opens his mind, calling to the earth through the magiks woven into his armour. Slowly, he feels a response. Allowing his perception to widen, ever widen, he searches for the rocks the man spoke of, the rocks of power. How is their power stolen? How can that power be returned? Suddenly, it is all clear...and yet all unclear. The power is leeched from the rocks by an exchange. The clansmen must give up part of their souls in exchange for the power they wield. But only certain stones will accept the souls of men...flawed stones...evil stones...

Aran opens his eyes, and fixes the clansman facing him with a glare that chills him even in the midst of his mindless battle lust, a glare carrying with it all the slow and sure malice of the earth itself for those who would profane it. And as sure as that malice, his glowing blade swings down, ending that clansman's profaning once and for all.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #39
Most of the Greywraith Clansmen are slain, the rest start to retreat.
"Oh no you don't," Thompson grumbles.
Notching an arrow to his bow, he lets it fly at one of the slower men piercing him through the back. The survivors look around them. There is death everywhere; what the Greywraith clan lost was in pale comparison to what they had left behind. 5/6s of the men that had ventured to Furya had died. Only the best of warriors had survived the battle. Looking around Thompson noticed that all of his roommates were still alive. Sadly, Dern trudged around the room, making prayers for those who had died. There is a long silence, broken only by the pitter patter of blood and the soft whisper of Dern's prayers. Then something snaps inside Thompson, he runs up to Dern and lifts him by his neck.
"YOU BASTARD! LURING ALL THESE FIGHTERS TO THEIR DEATHS, YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THOSE WE FOUGHT! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LIVE, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF EVERY MAN HERE! Before I leave, I will put an end to your evil."
Drawing a dagger from his belt Thompson holds it up high, and poises it at Derns heart.
In a soft and concerned voice Dern speaks, "Slay me then. I did what was best for my people, and I have no regrets. But be warned that now that you have killed one of them, they will hunt you down and avenge their brethren." A tear runs down his cheek, "But you have no idea what I feel right now. I had to save my people and I was desperate, but in the process I killed many men and women who didn't even know what they were fighting for. All their faces are marked with the same death pose. Confused, angered, sad, and frightened. I would long for death, but my people still need me. Killing me will make no difference, just another corpse in this room of death."
Thompson drops Dern, none too lightly, on the ground and walks away grumbling.

OOC: Actually this RP could take two directions right now. One we could go back home and meet the avenging Greywraith dudes or help the Moon Clan. It's the choice of whoever posts next.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #40
OOC: This RP is going to be tough. But even more fun.

IC: On the way to the fight, Raitt notices a jungle-fringed hill with a good vantage point to it. He decides to climb it to hide from the battle for a bit to study the enemy. As he is climbing up it though, he hears footsteps behind him and realizes he is being followed. He pretends to not notice until he reaches the top.

Then he turns around and sees one of the enemy soldiers moving swiftly up the hill towards him. He observes what the soldier is carrying, along with how fast he is moving. The soldier moves with speed and agility like Raitt, but in a clumsy sort of way. He calls out to the enemy soldier.

Raitt: (In a raspy ninja-like voice) "Who are you?!! Why are your people attacking the tournament fighters?!!"

The enemy soldier doesn't respond and continues to get closer and closer to the top of the hill. Raitt sees a weapon in the soldier's hands and recognizes the weapon as one his teachers taught him about. In slang, they called it a "red hot poker,” but said it was really called an Ex Feres Staff, translated roughly; it's called a "Hell Staff." They told him that it takes great magical power or a strong magical influence to wield an Ex Feres Staff. It is red hot in the hands of the wrong person, and deadly in the right hands.

All this passes through his mind in a matter of seconds as he pulls his steel whip back out and the soldier reaches the top of the hill. The soldier lunges at him with great, but clumsy speed. He begins swinging the staff with an almost inhuman speed and agility and Raitt manages to dodge every thrust. Then the staff comes around and hits him in the side, knocking him over, but leaving his armor undamaged. The soldier expected it to tear right through it. And his anguish of it not doing so could be seen in his actions.

The soldier stops and stares blinking for a second or two at the inability of his staff to damage the fragile-looking chain mail, but soon comes to his senses and makes an attempt to bring the staff down square on Raitt's back. However, in the few moments between Raitt recovering from his blow and the enemy soldier's anguish, Raitt grabs a handful of dirt and flings it at the soldier's face, just as he attempts to attack. The dirt hits the soldier in the eyes and blinds him for a few moments, but those moments are all that Raitt to get to his feet and lash his whip.

The whip wraps around the staff in the soldiers hands. Raitt gives it a good yank and the staff is torn from the soldiers grip. The soldier goes berserk when he loses his staff and tries to tackle Raitt to the ground. Raitt manages to maneuver out of the way and begins swinging the staff around with the whip. The whip is designed to stay wrapped around an object until loosened by hand. The soldier goes for another run at Raitt and is stopped midway by the staff.

Raitt whips it around and it whacks the soldier in his side, leaving a burning gash. When the soldier gets back up again and for a third time tries to lunge at Raitt, he whips the staff around and this time makes contact with the soldiers neck, sending his head flying off down the hill. Then the soldier's body collapses in a bloody heap, writhing around now that the head is gone. Raitt removes his whip from around the staff and takes everything from the soldier's pockets. Then he turns his attention to the staff.

He takes off his gloves, pulls a blue powder from his pocket, and rubs it on his hands. Then he recites some black magic words and his hands begin to glow. Then he puts the powder on his gloves and they begin glowing as well, so he puts them on. He then proceeds to pick up the staff. When he grips it, he feels a small burst of electricity, but it soon dissipates. He is now able to yield it. His teachers had taught him a spell that would allow him to use it like any other staff and it is now proven that the spell works.

He turns around in the jungle thicket to survey the battle and sees that the battle is ending. He gets up and heads down the hill towards the mess hall to find survivors.

OOC: Sorry for the length of that post, but someone has to have one of these staffs for study or use against the enemy. I need to have some action for myself too. I am still a little ticked off that we go no women fighters in this RP. So I guess I will do the honers and take control of a female fighter that survived the battle.

[ Sunday, October 26, 2003 16:40: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #41
*Zir sists down away from the battle scene. He reaches into his armor and pulls out an old note.*
Zir: The note from my parents...
[flashback](This occurs about 2 years before the current time of this rp.)Some GreyWraith warriors made their way to an island claiming to be the survivors of the attacked clans. The GreyWraiths attacked the shore village, Zir and his parents had been captured. Zir was sold into slavery, and he did not know what had happened to his parents. Before he was sold, his parents gave him a note. Zir was transported to a small island of the coast of Furya, there was a mansion, and a rich man lived there. Zir was this rich man's slave. After months of torture, underfeeding, and what seemed like endless toil, Zir escaped. It was then he finally read the note:
Zir,
We are sorry we could not be with you, we do not know our fate. We just wanted to let you know you will always be with us at heart. We hope to see you again one day, although we may die before we finally get to see you again.
Your loving parents.
Zir finds a raft and rafts across the sea for 3 months. He finally sees a city, he immediatly trains to be a Blade Manipulator. His teachers are proud of his extraordinary abilites, and he finally passes. He chooses to get Roman-style armor and a pair of mysterious blades. After a couple months, Zir is informed of a tournament on Furya. Hoping his parents where still there, he trained for the tournament. He then boarded the ship bound for Furya.[/flashback] *He puts the note back in his armor and walks into the mess hall.*

OOC: Sorry if it is a bit long, I'd just liek to share his history.

OOC:

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #42
OOC: I will put this in the badguys perspective.

IC:
Ignus was in a particularly good mood today. There was one clan left to take care of, and he had just sent some of his troops to finish it off. In a matter of hours the entire continent would be his, and with the stones his power would be limitless. Walking around his room he spots the staff that his soldiers carry. Channeling energy into his hand he picks up the staff and strokes it fondly. Such weapons are hard to come by, but with the imbuing power of the crystals, ordinary wooden staves had become almost exact replicas the notorious Ex Feres staves.
Ignus was different than the rest of his clan. After consuming the power of the crystals his lower brethren had to give part of their soul to harness the power. Ignus, a very skilled *warlock, had been able to channel the power without any side-effects.
*Warlocks are blademasters with the power to channel spiritual and elemental energy into their attacks.
Lost in pride Ignus almost didn't here the knock at his door.
"Come in," Ignus said in a cheerful voice.
A man walked in and Ignus immediatly recognized him as the captain of the soldiers sent out to destroy the final clan.
"Back so soon?" Ignus asked in a curious but deadly tone.
Quickly falling down on one knee the captain spoke, not daring to look into Ignus's eyes.
"There were many skilled warriors there, they outnumbered us 20 to 1. We hadn't expected such a large group of them. We killed most of them, but in the end we were driven back." The captain cringed as Ignus made as though he were going to strike him down.
"How could my troops, AUGMENTED WITH POWERFUL ENERGIES, HAVE LOST TO A BUNCH OF WEAKLINGS!"
"They had hired mercinaries," *Ignus's hand raises* *The captain correcting himself,* "strong mercinaries! Ones with years of experience."
Fuming Ignus manages to speak a few words with pauses inbetween to let out steam, "Get......me......the.......names......of.....every.....warrior.....who.......fought.....
against......us!"
"Y-y-yes sir!" The captain runs out, happy to be away from his mad leader.
Throwing the staff into the corner of his room, Ignus starts beating the wall with his fists in rage. His goal has been posponed because of some rag tag mercinaries. He wouldn't rest until every one of them was resting in a pool of their own blood.

[ Sunday, October 26, 2003 18:10: Message edited by: Infuriated Slith ]

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #43
I. Slith, do you think that I could still join this RP because it seems fun

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #44
Gerhalt took one hard stare at the horribly massacred room. Blood seems to drip in the oddest of places. Twisted faces in every direction, from both sides. Gerhalt only shrugged, and then procceeded to loot the corpses. Almost no one objected.

Dern looked at everyone after he finished his prayers, and waited for an answer. "Well," Gerhalt spoke up, "I see no reason not to help. We're going to be fighting them anyhow now that we've battled them. More than likely, their boss is telling them to get our names ready for assasination." He looked at some of the survivors.

"If we leave, we'll still have to fight them, and they would probably come to invade other lands if not pacified now. So, I'm gonna go help the Moon Clan." With that, he grabbed a chair that was still amazingly intact and sat, waiting for the others to answer.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #45
'I, too, will fight here. This abomination must be stopped, and I perfer to fight them here, with whatever aid the Moon Clan can give us, than alone, after they have been allowed to butcher more innocents.

'Besides, there is another, more important reason to defend the Moon Clan. The rocks Dern spoke of, they are concentrated under each clan's territory. And they are arranged in a pattern of power. If the Greywraith Clan take this territory, their powers will multiply beyond measure. No, they must be stopped, and stopped here.'

Dern turns to stare intently at Aran.

'How do you know this?'

'I am a servant of the earth. I have learnt, over the centuries, to communicate with the earth, to talk to her, to find her secrets. And what she has told me...is frightening. The stones of power, they contain spirits. But not normal spirits, not like the passive spirit of all that I commune with. These spirits are active spirits, and they ever seek to gain more power. This the Greywraith Clan has given them, in the form of their souls. In exchange, the spirits of the rocks have given them prowess in combat the like of which we saw today. But each clan's spirit alone is feeble compared to the power that they can give if they are all conjoined. The must not gain access to the spirit of the Moon Clan.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #46
IC: Back at the Hall the surviving warriors were regrouping and seeing to their injuries. Luckily, most of the priests who had journeyed to the island remained, choosing to hang back in the grisly battle. Between them and some alchemically minded townsfolk, most wounds were cured immediately.

For the most part, Arch had managed to avoid any serious damage; this however was more due to his choice in opponents than anything else. Having been trained as a member of a combative unit, his natural fighting style was a pack mentality. Arch fought along side his shipmates and together they alone of the groups of warriors were successful in driving back the evil horde.

Now that the chaos was over, everyone trickled back into the Hall, and their numbers were better than had been hoped.

"I think it's high time we called a council of war!" yelled Zir, slamming the pommel of a giant broadsword down on a increasingly less stable bench.

"I agree!" intoned Pthalos, near slipping back into the guise of Rendall.

"I think we have a consensus on the matter. Shall we adjourn to a less havoc strewn room?" Aran said, calm as ever.

Arch fingered the signet ring around his finger. "I don't really like our chances, but I guess I'm up for it. Shall we Dern?"

Md.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #47
OOC: Yes you may join.

IC:
Thompson stood torn by two sides. What made the moon clan better than the Greywraiths, they both had the same intentions, they both wanted the power for themselves. The Moon clan had slain many young men that day, but did they do it for their brethren's safety, or for power? Thompson toiled with this question, but could not find an answer. If he were to return home then he would be hunted down and killed. He had a better chance for survival by staying with the Moon clan.
"When it comes down to my survival, I have no choice but to stay with you. But do not think I agree with you."
Dern sitting in a chair in his office looking concerned. They had buried the dead and were now resting.
"I am glad to have you with us, Mr...."
"My name is Thompson."
"...Thompson. I assure you that we want nothing else to do with these stones. We just want to survive."
"Whatever."
Thompson then walks out of the room.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #48
Zir: "Does anyone here know what the GreyWraiths would do with a family of 3 PoWs(Prisoners of War.), one 24 years old, and the father and mother both 44 years old 2 years ago?" *Everyone stared at him. Zir looked down. He looked back up and everyone could see tears were strolling down his cheeks.* "The 2 44 year-old PoWs would be my parents 2 years ago, I have vowed to find them...and crush the ones that had captured them."

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #49
Firedrake spoke up,"I too will lend my skills as an assassin and help the moon clan."

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok

Pages