New RP: The Greywraith Clan

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New RP: The Greywraith Clan
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #75
Gerhalt couldn't wait any longer. Getting up from his chair, he started to walk out of the room, when Aran stopped him. "Where are you going?" Aran questioned.

"I'm leaving," Gerhalt answered. "Its tiring waiting here when we already know they are going to send a force over here. We just take a crystal and leave already, before they come and destory this clan." With that, Gerhalt left the building, walking slowly to the fortress alone.

OOC: I'm tired of all this explaining. Get something and go already. =/ I think we explained enough about the crystals so we can get to some more action... or at least to a different area.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #76
OOC: I agree. The only problem is, we need to know how big the crystals are, and deciding that is Slith's prerogative. If he doesn't post by, say, tomorrow, I'll probably get fed up with waiting and usurp it, provided someone hasn't already done so...and I agree with your sentiment. Slith should be posting more.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #77
OOC: Very sorry, please excuse me. The new Diablo 2 patch just came out (about time) and I was playing it for 2 days straight. I dont have to choose how big the crystals are but if you want me to...

IC:
Dern: "How big are the crystals? Well that depends, there are big ones and small ones. The bigger ones hold more power but are too big to carry. The smaller ones dont have as much power but still contain alot of it. The smallest ones we have found are about the size of a mace head."

OOC: Sorry again, now we can continue.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #78
Zir: *He stands up angrily.* "When are we going to get going? Every moment we stay here is another chance for them to take over Furya!"

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #79
OOC: Have to keep on moving with my characters.

IC: Raitt and Frauline reach the guestroom building and Frauline has second thoughts about entering it.

Frauline: "Please, I don't want to go back in the building again. I am not a coward, but it gives me the creeps in there."

Raitt" "Don't worry, I'll protect you if we get in trouble. Besides, you are talking to a student of the black arts. I can do almost anything with my magic. Do you want to be invisible again? All you have to do is take my hand again and it will be done."

Frauline: "Well, if you say so. I believe in you, but I am worried about what we might find. Can you assure me that I will be safe?"

Raitt: "Unfortunately, I cannot. But I am not about to let you get hurt in any way."

She moves in to kiss him, but he stops her.

Raitt: "Please no, I prefer to not be kissed. I am a loner and I don't want to let romance stand in my way right now. Besides, I have other reasons."

Frauline: "Other reasons?"

Raitt: "Please, I don't not wish to explain. Now let's get moving."

With that, he takes her hand and they both disappear. They walk into the building and head back towards Raitt's room. As they approach it, he casts a spell and the same click can be heard as before. Oddly enough, all the faint talking from their previous visit has gone and not a sound is to be heard except for their own footsteps.

They enter the room, shut the door behind them, and lock it tightly. He replaces the ward spell and turns his attention to the tapestry. He waves his hand and a sound like a brief hum is heard.

Raitt: "Help me remove the tapestry from the wall. We need to see what's behind it."

They pull the tapestry from the wall with some difficulty and behind it seems like a blank wall.

Raitt: "Now let's see, how did they do this back home. Oh, yeah. I remember now. I hope it works the same. Let's see, one, two, three, four, five, bricks up from the bottom. Wish me luck."

He presses on the brick and is almost startled when it actually moves. He pushes it the whole way in and a door slides away.

Raitt: "I can't believe it. It actua..."

Frauline: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Frauline sees the body of a Graywraith lying on the ground inside the door, his body completely fried. Raitt grabs her as she starts screaming hysterically and puts his hand over her mouth. Then he whispers in her ear.

Raitt: "Shhhhhhh. For god's sake! Don't do that again. If there are any of those soldiers around, they will hear you. Silence is vital. I suggest we investigate a little of the passage first before we tell the others. Now, do you promise not to scream? That man was killed by my ward spell. He is dead, and there is nothing to fear."

She shakes her head and he lets go of her mouth.

Frauline: "Well. I can tell this venture will be interesting. I say we should go now and get it over with."

Raitt: "Okay, take my hand and let's go. She takes his hand and they vanish from sight. They slowly make there way into the passage and around the corner.

OOC: This RP had better take off soon or I will kill them both off in a cave-in.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #80
Going to the quarry, Aran looks at the crystals, then takes one of the larger ones. Then he turns around and returns to the meeting room. As he arrives, he finds the party already setting out, led by Arch.

'We are going already? Has Dern given anyone a map?'

'Don't worry, Aran-I have one here.'

And Arch waves a scroll case at Aran.

'I think for the first day we'll head for a point slightly to the south of the Greywraiths' city. Then, when we stop for the night, we'll plan our attack more carefully.'

'Why don't we head straight there?' asks Zir.

'Dern said the Greywraiths would attack the Moon Clan again. If they do, we don't really want to be in the way of the attacking army. Hopefully, we'll find some way of weakening them at their city, and then we'll be able to take on their army on equal footing.'

'What are you hoping to find?'

'If nothing else, the crystals which give them their strength could be destroyed. If that would work...Aran, would it?'

'I cannot tell. I must attempt to communicate with this crystal Dern has given to us, although it will be hard to do, since I cannot commune directly, only through our shared link to the earth.'

'Well, keep on trying...'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Agent
Member # 27
Profile #81
OOC: Badguys.

IC:
Ignus: "General Bonescratch, are the troops ready for departure?"
*General Bonescratch had a reputation among the Greywraiths. Before the magical properties of the crystals were harnessed General Bonescratch was a fearsome foe that none would want to face, he has won every battle he has been in. His name comes from a gruesome story of how he killed another clans greatest warrior with a severed bone. His hand had been cut off in the battle by the warrior, and even more muscle and flesh. The warrior let his guard down because the General was defensless and was disarmed, his arm was also severed. Using his bone, the general slashed the man across the chest knocking him over, then he grabbed his weapon and slew him. General Bonescratch now has a hook for his hand, made of bone in rememberance of this story.*
Bonescratch: "Yes sir, my finest troops are ready to kill the final clan. Just give your order and we will go."
Ignus: "Go, and hurry before they can devise a plan, or learn how to use the crystals."
Bonescratch: "At once, but why are you so worried, I doubt those moon clan fools could ever learn how to use those crystals, in this short amount of time."
Ignus: "They have hired skilled mercinaries from far off places. Who knows if one of the surviving ones has knowledge about the crystals and their energies. What if one of them was a Warlock, they would be able to transmute the energies like I did."
Bonescratch: "Do not worry, even if they are skilled my troops are better. We will crush them."
Ignus: "I believe you, but something in the back of my head is begging me to make you stay."
Bonescratch: "Ignus, are you alright?"
Ignus: "Yes I'm fine. Go, that voice is never accurate anyway."
Bonescratch: "At once."
*Bonescratch and his troops leave the Greywraith encampment just as the Moon clan warriors polish off their plan.*

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #82
OOC: Time to get this one going again.

IC: Raitt and Frauline enter the passage. They leave the door open behind them as a means of quick escape if need be. As they go around the corner, there is a long series of steps going down. There are torches lit all over the place and four tunnel openings along a main corridor that seems to run the length of the building above. There are no Greywraith soldiers to be seen anywhere, thankfully.

Raitt and Frauline quickly proceed down the steps and see that the main corridor does in fact run the length of the building above, with steps leading up to each room. They make their way to one of the four tunnel openings along the corridor. They both have a hard time believing what they are seeing before their eyes. The tunnel they just entered isn't rough and made of the rock of the land. It is a neat corridor made completely up of precisely cut bricks. The tunnel itself stretches for what must be miles to their eyes.

There are torches along the whole length and what appear to be doorways here and there along the immense length of the corridor. Raitt whispers to Frauline.

Raitt: "We better see what is in one of those rooms. We need a good thorough report for the others. Let's proceed with total caution, despite our being invisible."

They edge their way silently as they can down part of the corridor to the first door along its length. As they peer around the corner, they are completely overwhelmed by what they see. There is a whole army of soldiers sleeping on bunk beds in this one room, which is huge in length and width. They surmise that there must be at least 200 Greywraith soldiers in this one room. Then something else catches their eyes. There are large crystals propped up against all the walls in the room. And there are two other things in the room that disturb them.

There is a man sitting at a desk with the markings on his clothes like that of Dern. And in the middle of the room is a sort of prison cell full of prisoners in rags and armor. Raitt and Frauline make their way back to the steps leading up to his room. He lets go of her hand and they both reappear.

Raitt: "That man at the desk wears clothes with symbols on them like that of Dern. I don't like that. And those are prisoners of war in the middle of the room as well. I bet every room along the corridor is like that and as I can see it, there are three other tunnel openings along this main one here. I will have to put up some powerful ward spells to hold them back for a while. They must have been planning an invasion. Not to mention it seems like the Moon clan has some traitors."

Frauline: "Well, you better start putting up those ward spell right now. I can hear people stirring in the distance."

Raitt: "Okay. Stand back at the steps."

Raitt takes a long narrow flask out of one of his many pockets. He removes the cork and puts a few drops of liquid on the floor of the opening, being careful not to get any on himself. As soon as it hits the floor, the liquid takes on the form of an ever-growing reddish purple light that expands along the floor of the opening and when it hits the walls on either side, it climbs up onto them. Eventually the light goes up the enter height of the opening and continues across the edge of the arch until it meets in the middle.

There is a red pulse of light that appears in the doorway, blocking the view down the corridor. When it disappears, the view down the corridor is blocked in no way and Raitt explains when he sees a confused look come on Frauline's face.

Raitt: "This liquid was given to me by my grandfather, just before he passed away. It is called the Rudimentary Elixir. If you drink it, you become invincible for an extended amount of time, but when the effect wears off, it will kill you instantly. When put on the ground at a doorway, it becomes a powerful ward spell that will seal up any opening for long amount of time. No creature or man in the world can walk through that ward and survive. If it attempts to, it will be fired and liquefied within a matter of seconds. This elixir is limited and can only be refilled with a special herb called a Marodin Flower.

Alas. I heard that the last of the cultivated Marodin flowers died off ten years ago at a science institution, where it was being studied. It said that it exists in the wild in certain parts of the world, but has never been found or seen since the last one died. There are unexplored places in this land where I believe more of these Marodin flowers grow, but only I can make the elixir. Only I know the secret recipe, handed down to me by my grandfather. But, enough jabber. I have to secure the other three openings."

Raitt does the same to the other three openings and soon, all four are warded and sealed. He grabs her hand, they disappear once more, and head back upstairs to his room to leave and go find the others.

OOC: Sorry for the length, but I needed to make a discovery and head back to join the others as quickly as possible.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #83
OOC: This RP is one of the more sluggish ones I guess... Where's the action?

IC: Pthalos was pacing the room impatiently. This was annoying. Why did they all have to wait with nothing to do? Pthalos was not used to waiting: In his own world, there would have never been a need to do such careful planning since the enemies were frequently outnumbered by the heroes two to one, if not more; a result of the mercenary inflation that had driven him away from the shores of Parth.

Like all the others, he stopped pacing and excitedly watched as Omlette put the crystal in front of him and descended into the heavy silence of meditation.

OOC: Omlette, you realize we're stuck in the plot until you have an answer from that crystal? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP The Greywraith Clan4_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #84
OOC: Thank god. Someone saved the RP!!!!

IC: Raitt and Frauline made their way up the steps and into Raitt's room. He presses in a brick as he comes through and the door slides shut. They both put the tapestry back on the wall and he replaces the ward. He then removes the ward from the main door, they walk out, and he replaces it after locking the door. Then they run up the corridor and out of the building to find the others and tell them about what they just discovered.

OOC: Ok. In someone else's post, they can show my characters arriving where the others are situated.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #85
OOC: Sorry for the delay...

IC:

As Aran sat, eyes closed, the crystal began to change. Where before it had been uniformly colourless and clear, oddly shaped, it began to take on a colour. Vague shapes moved in its centre, briefly obscuring the view through the crystal-a view that itself was changing in colour in an interesting manner-first red, then a deep blue, and then an almost transparent green, and finally a colour that seemed to be all colours at once, changing and swirling as at last the form in the crystal takes shape, not as a man, but a wolf. The wolf's mouth moves, but it is Aran who speaks.

'Why have you awoken me?'

The voice, clearly not Aran's, is harsh and almost feral, strong and commanding, and yet not stern or angry, merely curious.

The party, amazed at this spectacle, is unable to form a coherent answer. Yet before any of them have, the crystal wolf speaks again.

'Humans have changed their souls? This should not be possible-humans are a weak species, their aura is dim...yet you are humans, are you not? And your auras are...brighter than I remember. Please, how long has it been? I remember so little, and this awakening is sudden and unpleasant.'

Again, none of the party answers-how can they? Yet the wolf appears to have gained the answer again, perhaps from their thoughts, perhaps by considering it in its own mind.

'Alas, the time has been long. The world has changed, and changed again, and my people should have been left to their rest.' The voice turns sad, wistful. 'It was such a vision-we would escape the destruction the humans caused, returning to the earth in full communion. Yet it seems that the arm of humanity has grown longer than we ever dreamed it could.'

Arch pipes up at last.

'Come, we're not all bad.'

A low growl issues from Aran's throat, disturbingly inhuman. Then the wolf is silent for a time.

'I cannot disagree. Yet it seems to me that the good caused by those of you who have the good will is outweighed by the evil of those of you who have the evil will, here as always.'

The party is silent yet again-the validity of the wolf's point cannot be denied with groups of Greywraiths marauding around the island, destroying all they find. Now Gerhalt speaks up.

'That we cannot deny, but there is a more urgent matter. We need to undo whatever the Greywraiths have done, the...soul change? I do not know if that has any effect on your fellows, but the effect it has on the world of the humans is immense.'

'You are right. It is necessary that my fellows are released from their ties. The thought that our achieving of harmony would be used of others to create disharmony, is...horrific.'

The wolf's voice is no longer curious, it is angry.

'Here is what you must do. You must take me to my fellows, and I will awaken them. Then they will throw off the ties of the humans, and destroy them utterly. We will make a ward, so that no human shall ever set foot on this island again.'

As the wolf speaks its voice becomes louder, and the shifting colours in the crystal become more and more red. As it finishes, it slowly begins to calm.

'I must release you now. I will be unable to communicate with you unless at your instigation, for I refuse to submit to the indignity of changing one of your souls, and having part of my being submit to your whim. However, now that I am awoken, my power over the earth is restored, and I can use it even as I once could. Do not think of trying to use me as my fellows have been used, for my retribution can and will destroy you.'

At that point, a voice comes from behind them: Raitt has arrived during the course of the conversation.

'Before you leave, sir, I must ask one thing: how shall we call you?'

'Sir? I am no male! Know you nothing?'

As the party reacts with varying degrees of surprise, the wolf answers his question:

'And you may call me Freyla.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Agent
Member # 27
Profile #86
Dern strokes his chin, in thought. "So the crystals really hold spirits, not energy. Very interesting..."

Thompson: "So we should take this crysta-" *Hmph* "spirit to their clan base and awaken it again?"

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #87
OOC: Hope this helps to revive it.

IC: "I guess that is what it just said." Pthalos replied; patience had never been one of his few virtues.

"I don't want to know what it's going to do to the Greywraiths though. I've heard that some sentient crystals can put forth power through their vibrations or something, destroying anything in their vicinity. Don't get one mad at you."

As Aran prepares to come out of his meditation, Pthalos was already impatiently pacing the room again.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #88
OOC: Time to bring Raitt and Frauline into the room with the news.

IC: Raitt and Frauline reach the arena and are glad to find the others still there.

Raitt: "You won't believe what we found behind one of the tapestries. There was a secret door behind it and it lead to an underground corridor. In the corridor were four tunnels stretching for miles across the island, towards the Greywraith colony."

Frauline breaks in.

Frauline: "yes, and there were lots of rooms down its length. In one of the rooms, we could see a whole regiment of soldiers sleeping. They were all Greywraiths. There were giant crystals propped up against the walls and a cage full of prisoners of war in the center of the room."

Raitt: "And that ain't the worst of it. There was a man sitting at a desk in the room writing on parchments. He had the markings of one of the moon clan. We got out of there as fast as we could then and I sealed up the tunnels with a strong ward spell that will hold for quite a while until we can figure out what to do. We need to come up with a good plan. And find out how Dern is connected to all of this."

OOC: Let's get this RP rolling people.

[ Monday, November 10, 2003 17:55: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 27
Profile #89
OOC: What??? I posted here a day ago and my post isn't here. People right now this RP is stuck in a plot hole, the only way to bring it back is by posting. There is a big battle very very very very (continued)soon. We just need to get the story rolling.

IC: *I dont feel like posting it again, yet. Way too busy*

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #90
OOC: Sorry for double-post but I wanted to get this topic noticed by the people who joined it.

IC:
Dern: "Clothes like mine... secret tunnels... has keys to this building... It has to be one of my security officials. Those tunnels would not be able to be built, unless someone had neutralized our security wards, something only security officals can do. Whichever official is not here at the moment, is the backstabber. Let us find out who, and quick, so you can start your quest."

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #91
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP The Greywraith Clan4_files/eps22-87.jpg)

Pages