New RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New RP
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #0
I'm kinda bored so I figured start an RP so is there anyone else out there who'd be willing be willing to play? We'll develop it together.

Just dont want to start RP and find im all alone IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/eek.gif)

--------------------
I r happiness!
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #1
I may join if it sounds good

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
My god could kick you god's ass.
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
Worning not perfict grammer behind.
--------------------
DOLNEY HAS CHANGED TO A guy with not so perfict grammer
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
I will join most likely too. Considering that the Zombie Attack 2 RP seems to be dying. In my opinion, it is not living up to its predecessor. The original was better. If a person creates an RP they should continue it. Not leave in the middle of it. And he argued so well that he had created the first one and was going to do the second one. Then he leaves. If a person does that, then they shouldn't be allowed to create any more RPs.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #3
You wanna start setting up BG and everything now or wait for more people? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
I r happiness!
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #4
Ooh Can I join in? Which settings will it be? exile III I hope, I adore the Nephilin so much, can it plaese please be and exile III one please?

--------------------
E=MC2 =Meaning of reletivity =meaning of life = Coke and Curry.
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #5
Ummm well I never played any Exile games so you'll have to fill me in on their BG and stuff

I was sorta thinking of setting one up ourselves (mythology,races,polotics etc) but whatever the majority wants im fine with

--------------------
I r happiness!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #6
Before this gets any further, I'd just like to express my absolute and bitter disgust at all RP topics and my wish to beat their inventor with a stick!

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #7
Thanks for the support! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
I r happiness!
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #8
Like I would be the best to say this..

Orangutan, even if you dislike RP-topics, some others may enjoy them. Let them play the way they like. Nothing stops you from not reading the RP-topics, but of other subjects, that you're personally interested in.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #9
Don't judge them so quickly... What you're witnessing now itsn't exactly RPing's best and brightest...

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #10
Thanks much appreciated

--------------------
I r happiness!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
[Edit: Beginning removed due to better comprehension. Slow, but better than never.]

On the boredom, you could always try downloading the demos of the Exile (or Avernum) games. You can pick up the background and have fun at the same time.[/advertising]

—Alorael, who always likes RP's. Unfortunately, they tend to move too fast for him to follow. He probably won't even try to join this proposed one.

[ Thursday, October 16, 2003 12:42: Message edited by: Alorael ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #12
Do they work on XP?
I tried Avernum but I couldnt get the hang of the controls IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/frown.gif) Suppose I came into to late IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/wink.gif)
But is anyway actually interested in a new RP or are we just hear to moan about them IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
I r happiness!
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #13
IMO, starting a successful RP takes effort. The ingredients that make an RP work are, as far as I can tell, a detailed setting and a clear but apparently unattainable goal (if the goal is to easy to achieve, there's no point, because people don't have to do anything imaginative, they can just walk up to the evil 'final boss' and cut him in half in post number five. And will.) Of course, decent imaginations on the behalf of the majority of the RPers are essential.

If you want to set up an RP that'll work, you need to plan, either on your own or with a small group, what the setting is and what the goal is. And I'd recommend you start a new thread, too-this one is full of unrelated.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #14
I'll join, only if the plot is good

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #15
What I want to do is set up an RP that is not reliant on a particular background (eg. Exile). This will require a small group of talented and commited people. It will also mean (for people who get in early at least) a lot more freedom with their chars as we will be making it up almost as we go along. I should stress that an actual RP wont be set up until we have a foundation from which to make our setting etc. I'd much appreciate any help at all even if its just outling a race that appears in a game,book,film etc. that I havent heard of. I wont begin work until I have at least one major collaborator. So please PLEASE post if your interested. Drop me a mail if your interested in helping me set up the background,mythology,history etc. It does not have to be a fantasy setting though this will probably easiest and more acessible

If this sounds like an overly ambitious waste of time well I aim high and I have lot of time to waste IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/biggrin.gif)

P.S Please say something even if it is to tell me how much of an arse I am I wont feel like a complete ponce then IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/rolleyes.gif)

[ Thursday, October 16, 2003 13:52: Message edited by: Cian ]

--------------------
I r happiness!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #16
I'm good at mythology somewhat. My interests are in Egypt, Ancient Cultures of South America, China, Romans, Greeks, and old England. I may not be good at providing background stories all the time, but I am excellent at providing settings that will make the scene seem real.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #17
Thanks that'd be great I can only get on about 3-6 (pacific Time) as its insanely late over here in Northern Ireland so drop me a mail if your interested IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
I r happiness!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Baltazar the Mad is in the last stage of playing, so I'll be ready to join this when it starts - I usually avoid entering more than one RP at once in any place, simply because I don't have the time.

I usually can get on from 8AM to 2PM PT, but at the moment I have holidays, so I can be on any time, almost. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/wink.gif)

I might try a new Character... Arancaytar can't be an RP character, he'd be bound to be a demi-god, Eferas was quite nice for a while, but he's rather limited... mmh... how about a priest this time? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/smile.gif)

I'm afraid though that I can't do much in the way of preparation and plot development; it's just not something I know how to do. But if you want to roughly develop the world first, I'd be greatly interested in helping. In the following week (until next Sunday), I'll be on holiday so I have lots of spare time.

You don't seem to mention your email address anyway, btw, so I'll send you a PM (personal message) over this board instead. You read those by going into your board profile.

EDIT: Oh. You *can* send email messages via this board. Oh well. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/rolleyes.gif)

EDIT2: No, can't send to your address. I'll try the PM then.

[ Saturday, October 18, 2003 08:49: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #19
RPs cant be made up as you go along. They become boring because there is no real goal in site. They will eventually just turn into, there are some monsters in the way and we kill them. Thats why in real RPs there is always a DM, or God, who plans out the story, encounters, etc. So there is never a dull moment.

Baltazar the Mad was a decent RP because it actually had a story.

Zombie Attack 2 RPG was a piece of ****, so I left.

Would somebody take control and make this an RP or will I?

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
Wait. This is not an RP, strictly speaking. This might just be a historical moment. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/tongue.gif) What is going to happen now is that we will make up the *world* in which the RP is supposed to be set in, then make up the plot of the RP. Maybe I'm too tired to be realistic at the moment - tiredness provokes four things in me, the first of which is a short temper (luckily not that tired yet IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/smile.gif) ), the second severe idealism, the third forgetfulness, and the fourth... can't remember. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/biggrin.gif)

Ah yes. Rambling.

Okay, pointless ramble can cease now. The point, Enraged Slith, is that this is not supposed to be a plotless, hastily started RP, but the very opposite. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #21
I can set up settings in tombs, archaeological sites, ghost towns, buildings, anything along those lines. I am excellent with detail, as many people know from the Baltazar the Mad RP. I can take an ordinary room and make it into almost anything. I get stumped every now and then, and require the help of someone else.

If you need me for anything. Send me a private message. You can add me to your buddy list on AOL Messenger if you want to talk one on one. Just check my profile for the screen name. You can find me on the computer during the hours of 9:00 a.m. PT, to 9:00 p.m. PT. I am on the computer most of the day. I don't have a job yet, and I graduated this year. So, I am on the computer most of the day. Don't contact me any earlier or later than that time.

I live in Pennsylvania along the East Coast. My time difference from Pacific Time is three hours later than Pacific Time.

--------------------

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

RPs cant be made up as you go along. They become boring because there is no real goal in site. They will eventually just turn into, there are some monsters in the way and we kill them. Thats why in real RPs there is always a DM, or God, who plans out the story, encounters, etc. So there is never a dull moment.

Baltazar the Mad was a decent RP because it actually had a story.

Zombie Attack 2 RPG was a piece of ****, so I left.

Would somebody take control and make this an RP or will I?

That's not true at all. If you have good RPers, one of the best things you can do is place them in a situation, give them a little background, and then let them loose. Another RP-type thing is making every post like another few paragraphs in a story and each post advances a plot in whatever direction it may. Everyone can control every character, and the goal is to create a short story at the end.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #23
I will practice the art of lurking until I see if this RPG is living up to my notably high expections. If it does, you can count me in.

Bah, I'll probably join anyway. Boredom is boring.

Drakefyre's right. Everyone should be given some freedom.

And,oh,could this RPG please be about something a little different. You know, not that hero-dragon-save town-magic-may righteous prevail-boring stuff. MSW had some good ideas.
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #24
Yeh well I hope to be able to give people freedom. We wont be putting every village into extreme detail IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/wink.gif)
And I'm not really interested in 'undead attack town save all the nice helpless villagers' no offence to the people who enjoy this but it seems a bit repetive to me. I'm more interested in setting up the background to be honest. Maybe we can do a RPG which isnt based around thumping zombies and impressing NPCs IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards New RP_files/rolleyes.gif)

I'd also be interested in doing a SF RPG but i'll concentrate on this for now

--------------------
I r happiness!

Pages