kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster
Agent
Member # 445
Profile Homepage #25
Woa I hate the Rakshasai, they're annoying, tough to kill and not all that pretty as you guys make out, and for some reason they seem to bring a lot of politics with them? Then again they always do with you people.

I'd say really big chickens were my favourite, followed by Knights that turned into Dragons. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
I'm going to live forever or die trying!
Knights Who Say Ni!

Knights Who Say Ni Online Store!
Posts: 1083 | Registered: Thursday, December 27 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #26
I like the Guardian.
For he shall be my Companion, my Provider...

...and my Master, Mwahahahaha!!

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #27
The plant looking monsters in the cave that leads to the land of summoned monsters in FF2/4. Bad Breath rules.

Or, Barinade from Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That is one fun boss to fight.

I'm original. YAY! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #28
You mean the Marlboros, Square's shot against cigarettes? Over here, Marlboro is a brand name of a popular cigarette. Thus, having a highly pollutative enemy that spews out gas be the name of a tobacco company is very environmentalist.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #29
Yeah, that's it.

By the way, I'm stupid. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/redface.gif)

[ Saturday, October 18, 2003 20:02: Message edited by: Aarrow Swift ]

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #30
They're called Malboros. Mo(r/l)bols in FFT.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
This is because FFT was translated by trained monkeys.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #32
Oh, I don't know how I forgot this one:
Treefolk!
I actually don't remember ever seeing these in an RPG, but they are in LotR (they're called Ents) and M:tG, and they will eventually be in my games.
Even if you don't consider them RPG monsters, they're still the best.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #33
I like the Emps of Ultima 7. They are these little creepy tree-living pacifist demons.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Apprentice
Member # 3471
Profile #34
I like the gaseous thahds - I can imagine a lethal flatulent cloud following them wherever they go... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/tongue.gif)

I also like killing living statues and golems just for that crumbly sound effect they make when they disintegrate.

I don't like those pink eyebeasts at all, and mung demons are terrible to fight with magic casters. Aranea are annoying too, especially with low-level groups.
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #35
Goblins. Definitely goblins. A bunch of insane, chattering little idiots who'll fight you to the death with sticks and stones. I love 'em. It's a pity they're so underpowered. When I get Blades of Avernum, I'll be sure to throw in some kinda badass goblin chieftain, and some goblin archers, and some goblin priests. With leadership, diversification of skills, and organization, the goblins shall become a force to be reckoned with.

They won't seem such an easy enemy when you've got 50 of 'em charging your town, waving spears and firing arrows, setting fires and releasing the cave cows and giant lizards from their pens. Maybe I'll have 'em ride on giant spiders, too. Yeah, spider cavalry scales the towns' fortifications on eight legs to ambush the guards in their guardhouses and to open the gates to let the rest of the warband in.

Or something like that.

--------------------
Check out the DIARY, why doncha? It won't bite. Probably.

"We were heart companions,
We were companions in the woods,
We were fellows of the same bed,
Where we used to sleep the balmy sleep.
After mortal battles abroad,
In countries many and far distant,
Together we used to practice, and go
Through each forest, learning with Scathach".
Warrior
Member # 3452
Profile #36
my favorite would be a genetic combination of erika and doomguards. muhahahaha. that would cause more damage than all plagues in the world. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Look!!! I have a signature!!! Drakefyre is the coolest!!!
Posts: 75 | Registered: Wednesday, September 10 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3589
Profile #37
Griffens, Skeletons,Baslisk

--------------------
I'm Coming
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by caovhc1:

my favorite would be a genetic combination of erika and doomguards. muhahahaha. that would cause more damage than all plagues in the world. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/biggrin.gif)
Welcome to Spiderweb Software Message Boards!

Please learn some basic grammar, preferably that of the English language.

Thank you, and have a nice day. ^_^

EDIT: And as an aside, it's "Griffons" (or Gryphons- I've seen it spelled both ways) and "Basilisks".

[ Sunday, October 26, 2003 17:04: Message edited by: Haamana ]

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #39
I'm with you, TM. But there are much worse offenders than this fellow on the boards, even in these "enlightened" times. I blame television, and computer games.

Wait.....sorry, I meant just television IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster (2)_files/biggrin.gif) .

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #40
TM: According to the OED, "griffin" is the standard spelling, although the two you list are also acceptable.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #41
My favorites would be would be Dragons (red and gold to be specific), Gryphons, Doomgaurds, and a specific monster, the Doom Dragon from Golden Sun: the Lost Age.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #42
Would the Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders count as monsters? If so, they get my vote. But gnolls are pretty neat, as are harpies.

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!

Pages