kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #0
Now Considoring the rich and varied tapastry of RPG's that I have played, I have developed a certain preference for certain creatures over others heres my top 3
1.Rakshasi: Brilliant and beutifull tiger Demon that are ace fighters and absorb just about all spells
2.minigon: (usually) hard as nails construct that looks dead cool in the procses of smashing your skull in
3.fyora: A shapers cool red Lizerd dinosaw thing IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
E=MC2 =Meaning of reletivity =meaning of life = Coke and Curry.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #1
Yep, I'm a fan of rakshasi too, especially their lifestyle.
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #2
Lifestyle... i never new they were that deep, tell me about it, please IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #3
I don't think you want to know some of the ideas floating around about Rakshasa lifestyle...of course, X could well be referring to the presence of fur rugs, Skribbane Herb etc in the Remote Cavern.

I also quite like Rakshasi, mainly because they're so powerful, but I also think the Ursagi are cool...it's a pity there isn't more about them in the games...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
I like the Rakshasi, Illithids and Sylvians (as if it really needed saying).

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #5
Dont want to hear about what people think Rakshasi's lifestyle includes? you know what I dont care if I'm going to like it or knot I want the full story on my favorout RPG charicture race ever... so please tell me... *sorry i didnt mean to shout IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/wink.gif) *

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
My favorite RPG monsters are the enemies who I have laid to waste - as they have been laid to waste, it really doesn't matter what they were, does it?
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #7
Dragons, first and foremost. But that too wasn't so hard to guess.

Coming after Dragons are Rakshasai, Alien Beasts, Slithzerakai, and Vahnatai.

I guess Humans don't count, but I rather like them too.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Humans aren't monsters. I would exclude sliths and vahnatai as well, along with nephils, troglodytes, and all the other assorted humanoids. Even Rakshasi are iffy, although they are far more monstrous than the others.

—Alorael, who also likes Rakshasi. But doomguards are very good monsters as well. Suits of armor with claws that multiply and maul are just the thing when you want to demonstrate your amazing prowess in battle.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #9
I agree with Alorael on Doomguards. They can pretty well hash anyone except skilled adventurers. The Rakshasi have a cool name and absorb spells is a great ability, but I don't really like them beyond that. I like hydras. Not necessarily the hydras of Spiderweb, but a monster that grows two heads for every one cut off is pretty neat. Rather similar to Doomguards. I suppose I just like monsters that get more dangerous the more you damage them.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #10
I've always been a big fan of kobolds and griffins, and most of all, slimes. Slimes are so cool. I especially like the slimes featured in Exile and Beyond Oasis.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Infiltrator
Member # 16
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Humans aren't monsters.
Well Im sure my homeless friend here would disagree with you. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/chimpanzee.jpeg)

--------------------
You know, Scorp, there's a good reason you're not a moderator any more.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 44
Profile Homepage #12
I suppose Rakshasi lead a deviant lifestyle....I think a good scenario idea would be those krazy tiger men and Falwell..

Oh, yes, I like Rakshasi as well. They remind me of the Thundercats. Only with less thunder. And slightly less cats.

--------------------
I've spent over $100 on Spidweb games, to date. And I've lost every one of them! Except BoE, which is on a disk, thankfully...
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #13
Slightly more cats, you mean.

Humans.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #14
Motrax? The Rakshasi are dirty communists. Sorry. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/tongue.gif)

The Rakshasi seen in Exile are a remnant of the dirty Fascists who ruled over the Rakshasi on Vantanas +1,000 years ago. The main group of Rakshasi live in the cavernous universe of Arngoth where, Deacon I aside, they all live in peace and hapiness without property and some such under the rule of Olindbar II.

(I can go into great detail about this if you really want.)

--------------------

Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #15
TM, your ideas about the Rakshasi are insane by any reasonable standard. According to the myths Jeff took them from and the way they acted in the game itself, their lifestyle is completely inconsistent with a group which would find communism to be a beneficial state of affairs.

They're epicurianism manifested in flesh. Stop trying to paint them red.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #16
Easy one.
Demons of course. Demons of all kinds. They are just so damn cool. Or should I say hot? Well, you get the idea, anyway.

What more, I also like the fyoras. Not ordinary monsters but still very nice. And they are even quite cute!

Slimes - yessiree I like them! The Exile graphics have seriously changed the way I look at the world. Whenever I hear the word "slime" nowadays, I immidiately think of an emerald/mauve/ochre/amber pile of goo that is about to attack me. Thank you for this, SW!

On overall, I quess you could say I like not-so-usual monsters. Sure, dragons are cool but everybody likes them. Therefore I see no point in liking them. It's part of my desperate campaign to show people how original and interesting I am, I quess. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/rolleyes.gif)

[ Wednesday, October 15, 2003 01:55: Message edited by: Ironweed ]
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #17
But demons are extremely popular, and fyoras and slimes have both already been mentioned. Therefore, you fail in your attempt to be original.
But did you know that there is an organism in the real world known as a slime mold? They're small, slimy, crawling critters. Nobody really knows what kingdom they belong to. Some say they're fungi. Others are not so sure. If you're ever hiking in the woods, and you see what looks like a wad of chewed gum, be sure to look closer. It may be a slime mold!
Or it may be a wad of chewed gum.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
Oh, yes. Slime molds are wonderful little creatures. They exist as single-celled organisms most of their lives, but when food is scarce they band together into a mushroom-like structure and form spores that disperse on the wind.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Saishuu Heiki Custer:

TM, your ideas about the Rakshasi are insane by any reasonable standard. According to the myths Jeff took them from and the way they acted in the game itself, their lifestyle is completely inconsistent with a group which would find communism to be a beneficial state of affairs.

They're epicurianism manifested in flesh. Stop trying to paint them red.

Who said they aren't epicurianist? I just said that they're communally epicurianist. Pleasures of the flesh can be enjoyed by all without DEACON ^_^ interfering. And even if they might want something more pleasurable to the flesh, they at least realize that when they aren't politically vigilant, then they become victims of auto-genocide again. By the philosophies of their mythology which they started with millenia ago, they'd have never thought of starting a leftist, liberal democracy. Threat of genocide (which has almost happened at least two times even DURING the reign of the gov't, even if both were spearheaded by Deacon), however, is something that should spark any creature with two brain cells to rub together to think things through a bit. Living together and perhaps enjoying less luxuries is better than being dead and most definitely enjoying no luxuries.

(And really, one of the contributing factors to Black Friday was because there were absolutely no luxuries for the oppressed under Tigerfang, Deacon & co. If they would have made a more luxurious life for the people, then Black Friday might have been a loss for Olindbar I & co.)

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

But demons are extremely popular, and fyoras and slimes have both already been mentioned. Therefore, you fail in your attempt to be original.
But did you know that there is an organism in the real world known as a slime mold? They're small, slimy, crawling critters. Nobody really knows what kingdom they belong to. Some say they're fungi. Others are not so sure. If you're ever hiking in the woods, and you see what looks like a wad of chewed gum, be sure to look closer. It may be a slime mold!
Or it may be a wad of chewed gum.

Meh, you can't have it all, can you. Nontheless, my quest to prove my uniqedom rages on...

And yes, I know of those little strange fungi-type blobs. Were did you hear of them? Have you ever encountered one? Really interesting. Please tell me more.

One might suspect I was just being sarcastic. In that case one would be wrong, however.

And then again, one might suspect I'm a liar. In this case one would own more than a little bit of rightdom.
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #21
Dragons... hmm, well to be honest i havent seen any RPG's that make dragons espiecialy threataning or scary, i mean sure they were cool for the first couple of years of D&D but now they are just camp, bring on The demon hoards and with a Rakshasi as thier leader IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards kobalds, Rakshasi and Beholders, i wonder what is everybodies favorout RPG monster_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #22
[ Wednesday, October 15, 2003 08:44: Message edited by: Sarabi Atar ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #23
[ Wednesday, October 15, 2003 08:44: Message edited by: Sarabi Atar ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #24
I haven't played a lot of games period, and my list of RPG's played is even shorter. However, based on my limited exposure, I would say my favorite monster is probably the glaahk in the Geneforge series. It looks like nothing I've ever seen, in the natural world or in other games.

On a side note, as a person of Indian origin, I find it very intriguing that so many words with origins in Indian culture and mythology have made their way into both mainstream international culture and gaming culture. First it was words like "pundit" and "guru," which have been integrated into the English language for several years now. Then "bindhi" made it into the fashion world. Now a word like "rakshashi" (female demon in Hindu mythology) has become a common term among gamers. A true testament to the power of globalism.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky

Pages