members who were once wanderers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: members who were once wanderers
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #0
what percentage of us members were wanderers before you regerstered or did you just regerster straight off

[ Saturday, October 04, 2003 04:57: Message edited by: LordLoony ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=MlkprroQniuu"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=MlkprroQniuu"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(members who were once wanderers_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(members who were once wanderers_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
I was a wanderer for a day or 2, then I registered. Is there anyone else with the same story?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #2
There should be an option such as this: WTF does it matter?

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waitingformedication. I could really use some.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
I registered before there was a way to see recent visitors, but I was never a lurker. I came, I saw, I registered, I vanished, I registered again.

—Alorael, who hasn't even lurked after registering. He really needs to try that sometime.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #4
Me approves of cartographers comment.

I registered straight away, anyway.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Registered on day 1.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #6
What is a wanderer? IMAGE(members who were once wanderers_files/frown.gif)

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
On the recent visitors list, unregistered viewers are called wanderers. I presume Lord Loony is asking how many people have lurked around, unregistered, for a while before deciding to create an account.

—Alorael, who would also like to know how many people decided to be invisible newbies for a while before posting.
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #8
I was a wanderer for about 15 mins, then I regestered.

--------------------
"'We wish the return of Linda.' they said. 'Oh, swell. She only summoned a demon lord into the tower once, she's only mildly insane, what a beautiful idea! Let's proceed at once!' I said'
"'We appreciate your acquiesence,' they said. And that was that. Sarcasm is lost on that lot." He kicks a wall in irritation.
-----------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #9
I lurked for about a month before I felt the need to register so that I could post something. It's a habit of mine when I go to a new board, dating back to when I used to visit newsgroups a lot. It gives me a chance to observe posting behaviour and get an idea of what's ok and what's not.

Does the number of wanderers include people who have turned on the 'hide from recent visitors' feature?

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #10
i lurked until i felt i was safe. then i registered. oldbies would know what i mean.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #11
Kyna, I think that would just count as a sneaky member.

Wiseman, I know what you mean. I used the site for ages for game info, I saw some crazy stuff: the switch from Ikon, the ordeal with avatars, the voting. I just wasn't interested in joining at that time. I joined late, I could have been in the hundreds.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #12
When I first visited this site I just lurked around and so. After that I left and was away for about one year.

Then one day I found myself here again but even then I didn't really care to register. A couple of months later I did, however. No real reason.

A beautiful story, isn't it?

[ Sunday, October 05, 2003 03:20: Message edited by: Seaweed ]
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Timber-Wolf:

I was a wanderer for about 15 mins, then I regestered.
same here mate. i had a quick look to see what it was about then regerstered

quote:
Originally written by Aolrael:
On the recent visitors list, unregistered viewers are called wanderers. I presume Lord Loony is asking how many people have lurked around, unregistered, for a while before deciding to create an account.
That is exactly what i am asking

quote:
Originally written by Aolrael:
—Alorael, who would also like to know how many people decided to be invisible newbies for a while before posting.
what is an invisible newbie IMAGE(members who were once wanderers_files/confused.gif)
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #14
An invisible newbie is someone who registers, then goes several months without posting. Then they post. Sometimes. Sometimes they just register and forget they did.
No, stranger, that's not what he meant.
I registered right away. I remember some of the topics that were around. One of them was "Memories..." where oldbies remembered stuff from the Ikonboards. I think it's been long enough since that topic. Should someone start a new one?

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #15
Invisible newbies are to be eaten, for they taste good even without ketchup.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #16
I agree with ChibiDemon Wolf! IMAGE(members who were once wanderers_files/tongue.gif)

I think a new "memories" topic should be made...
I want to know more about the Ikon Board...

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #17
quote:
I just wasn't interested in joining at that time. I joined late, I could have been in the hundreds.

Most member numbers past about 150 probably count as "joining late." The few exceptions are those who got eated by the account eating bug, and those who took a break after the iconboard before coming here.

I didn't lurk at all, but this was the first message board I had ever been on, so it took me a while to get into the crazy rhythm of Misc.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #18
FB? Arctic wouldn't be happy if he heard you were trying to steal his food... IMAGE(members who were once wanderers_files/tongue.gif)
Lifecrafter
Member # 1360
Profile #19
When I found out there were Spidweb Boards, I registered. I was an invisible newbie. Then I realized there was a Misc.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Sir Motrax of Exile:

quote: I just wasn't interested in joining at that time. I joined late, I could have been in the hundreds.

Most member numbers past about 150 probably count as "joining late." The few exceptions are those who got eated by the account eating bug, and those who took a break after the iconboard before coming here.

I didn't lurk at all, but this was the first message board I had ever been on, so it took me a while to get into the crazy rhythm of Misc.
[/quote]Members after 150 'joined late'? I'd say it'd be better for you to average out the members -- at which people after ~1700 joined late -- or the time between members. In that case, you have people who joined after the boards' 373d day (or, to be more technical, its 373½th day); that leaves you somewhere in mid-September 2002, or around 1900.

In either case, no, the cutoff is not 150, you stupid elitist.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #21
You do realise that #150 joined less than a month after the new boards were uploaded, much less opened to the public, right?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
Maybe that was a typo and he meant 1500? I don't think more than 95% of the board's members joined late. You could also measure lateness by specific board events, like the closing of Misc. Incidentally, that was almost exactly a year ago...

—Alorael, who really thinks the fairest measurement is how well various members can reminisce nostalgically about the good old days. What "good" and "old" mean can be left to individual discretion.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #23
No, no he didn't. Did you just meet Motrax or something? He said #150 and he obviously meant #150.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #24
If he did, he wasn't doing it to be elitist, seeing as he wasn't in the first 150 either...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.

Pages