hello

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: hello
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #0
Not an earth-shattering post. Just wanted to say hello.

I can't remember if I've ever posted on this forum before, but I've been lurking for years. I guess memory is the first thing to go....

I really enjoyed the Exile/Avernum games. Currently I am replaying Avernum 2 after a long absence so it seems pretty new. These games are superb - much more enjoyable than about 90% of the so-called "modern" games that you pay big bucks for in the store. Call me stupid, but I actually bought multiple copies of some of the games, as the various bundle specials have been available. I like the little CD cases Jeff uses IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards hello_files/smile.gif)

I also like SubTerra. I couldn't get "over the hump" with Geneforge and hence never really got into it. Might take a look at Geneforge 2 when it comes out for PC.

I was also gettting ready to try Nethergate - is it worthwhile? As compared to, say, Avernum 3.

Final question - I want to try out BoE after reading about it for so long - what are the best scenarios to start with?

Oh yeah, one final comment. In general this is one of the best forums I've been to. Everyone is well-behaved, intelligent, helpful, and in general seems to be part of a coherent group. I am never disappointed reading posts on this forum. Kudos to everyone.

--------------------
This space intentionally left blank.
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #1
Ok, and now my signature should be fixed. Sorry about that. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards hello_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #2
Very interesting...it changed on the first post as well. Are all modifications to the signature retroactive across the board? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards hello_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #3
Yes they are. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards hello_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
For scenarios:

http://pub26.ezboard.com/fthelyceumfrm27.showMessage?topicID=41.topic

Each link is to a topic rating the scenarios.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #6
OK, this is where I had been looking. Thanks.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3388
Profile #7
Hello mortification8. Say, have you ever played Dransik? it's just that i recognize your sig from a player there, allthough i realize there must be quite a few people using that sig.
cya!

--------------------
Many an ancient lord's last words have been, "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh."
-Terry Pratchet
----
"Never build a dungeon you wouldn't be happy to spend the night in yourself. The world would be a happier place if more people remembered that."
-Lord Vetinari
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #8
I play a lot of computer games....remind me what is Dransik and I'll tell you if that's me.

As far as I know, I "control" my login name on pretty much all of the major services (Yahoo, AOL, etc.).

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by mortification8:

Oh yeah, one final comment. In general this is one of the best forums I've been to. Everyone is well-behaved, intelligent, helpful, and in general seems to be part of a coherent group. I am never disappointed reading posts on this forum. Kudos to everyone.
I hope this is irony.

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Apprentice
Member # 3388
Profile #10
Dransik is an MMORPG.. but if you can't remember it right away, chances are you're not the guy i know from their forum.

Oh and i have to agree with mortification, boeing. Users on these boards are very well behaved, from what i've seen so far. No flaming (at least not real flames), quite intelligent posts, very little spamming... yeah, this is definitely one of the most civilized boards i've ever read.

Edit: The only thing i can't figure out yet are the coherent groups..

[ Tuesday, September 02, 2003 09:49: Message edited by: Borc ]

--------------------
Many an ancient lord's last words have been, "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh."
-Terry Pratchet
----
"Never build a dungeon you wouldn't be happy to spend the night in yourself. The world would be a happier place if more people remembered that."
-Lord Vetinari
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #11
Welcome mortification8,im glad to see you enjoy jeff's games.

--------------------
Hello.Nice To Meet You.Call Me OM.Bye.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #12
Coherent groups? That may be because there aren't any, unless you're referring to the distinction between mods, admins and the rest. The Despers used to be a significant clique, but now they aren't, mainly due to the fact that only a few people from Desp post here regularly any more, and all those people who thought Desp was trying to take over the world, starting with Spiderweb, have been persuaded otherwise or left. The only other clique is Polaris, and any information about Polaris is strictly need-to-know.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Welcome to Spiderweb, Mortification! Leave your sanity at the door.

Shh! Don't leak information about Polaris, Omlette!

Spiderweb has its good members and its bad members. It's not perfect, but it could be a whole lot worse. Just imagine a whole board of Shottses and Shaper Masters and you'll know what you're missing. For all who don't remember those two, just think of endless flaming and spamming.

Speaking of spam, please don't post multiple times in a row. Use the edit button on top a post to add more (or retract some statements).

I like Nethergate. It's nowhere near the size of the Avernum games, but it's two different games in one, and I think the ambience is better maintained. It also has nice ties to real history. Give the demo a try and see what you think.

—Alorael, who thinks the signature is from a large number of official forms and documents that have many spaces intentionally left blank and some more spaces wasted in order to inform you that this is the case.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #14
You're forgeting TCOA

EDIT:This was before Aloraels post.

[ Tuesday, September 02, 2003 13:12: Message edited by: OM ]

--------------------
Hello.Nice To Meet You.Call Me OM.Bye.
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #15
And for good measure:

Griffer Splah >*(

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #16
Welcome, hope you have a good time.
Questions: what is MMORPG, Despers, Polaris, TCOA, and Griffer Splah?

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
MMORPG's are massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Online RPG if you're willing to drop the cool marketing name.

Despers are members of Desperance. Some are more despish than others, though. It has boards, it has articles, it has Spiderweb members of yesteryear. It has conversations that warp your mind forever. Drop by!

Polaris has gone through several incarnations. It's currently embroiled in a deep, dark conspiracy that nobody can tell you about.

TCOA is The Club of All. It started out as an alternate Misc/General board for Spiderwebbers who didn't feel welcome. Now it's just another set of friendly chatting boards.

—Alorael, who really has no idea what Griffer Splah is. Others will have to explain that one.
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #18
Actually I own Nethergate, just never got a chance to try it out yet. I look forward to the epxerience.

I have not played the MMORPG in question. I'm not as big a fan of MMORPG's as I am single-player games.

Is anyone else having problems sometimes with the speed of the forum, especially when posting? I am getting pretty frustrated at the lags and occasional timeout when reading or posting. Is this on my end or does the server sometimes get too much traffic? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards hello_files/frown.gif)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #19
Hmmmmm..it's probably this site. But for me, it's probably this site AND my computer. Good thing I've got a game where you can choose from 9 weapons, and destroy a picture of your desktop. My family calls it: "Stress Relief". Too bad you can't get it of the internet, AFAIK.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #20
All righty, thanks Alorael. I am now more educated. On the subject of MMORPGs, has anyone played Runescape?

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #21
Unfortunately yes, and Zeph, tsk, back to the topic young one.

And the one who has been mortificated, welcome.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #22
Hi, I'm not too helpful but am very intelligent. I just don't make sense. My mind is warped. A lot of people have that problem.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #23
Welcome, Mortification, to the Spiderweb Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay (which we're going to make bets on*), and ask that you don't spam... like you won't. Right? =P

*Je-ust kiddin'.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
Spiderweb does have speed problems at high-traffic times, especially when you post. The two solutions are two ignore it or to start killing everyone who visits Spiderweb when you do. Take your pick.

—Alorael, whose decision is quite easy. Passiveness is bad. Sniping is fun. That's all there is to it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #25
Alorael, you scare me. And nothing more.

Pages