Looking for a shoulder to cry on...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Looking for a shoulder to cry on...
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #25
Unique and special, no. I am right in every way of course, being me after all. I am the deciding factor in the universe and all revolves around me. Still, I'm just a plain ordinary Joe (anyone who understands that joke is not a new member to these boards. Otherwise, go to hell). A waste of precious space who will not ammount to much more then a psuedo terrorist thinking he's making a diffrence when he kills millions of people.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I'm very sorry for your loss, Izzannor. Keep the good memories in mind when you think of your great aunt, not just the end. There's not really anything meaningful I can say beyond that...

—Alorael, who would like to deliver a huge warning to Ed for flaming, censor evasion, and gross insensitivity. TM can call himself emotionless, but that first reply was cruel.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #27
Now, wait a second. Ed was in the right to say everything he did. He's right too.

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #28
Feran, t'is a matter of opinion, and you know how people feel about differing opinions, especially when emotional. Even if some of them are fakes...
Ed didn't have the right to flame though. But he does have the right of not to care, and to be cynical about everything.

Ed might not be nice, but there is no thought police, yet.

--------------------
Saundersw3: And bitter is better!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #29
We're not punishing him for having opinions, we're punishing him for being a heel about it. Remind you of anyone?

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Member # 66
Profile #30
*Cough* Should it remind me of someone?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #31
I believe he's referring to himself, Arctic.
By the way, you've definitely improved from that first post. Good job.
If you weren't referring to yourself, please ignore that first sentence.

I feel sorry for Ed. He obviously has some underlying issues, perhaps the death of a family member. So he tries to cover up his pain by being cynical and mocking those who lose loved ones. Perhaps we can recommend a counselor to him who can help resolve these underlying issues.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #32
Lemur Industries is behaving in a disgraceful, inhuman manner, regardless of CoC. I apologise in advance for introducing an inappropriate post to this thread, but LI did so from its outset.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #33
die Ed, just die. that's all i got to say. perhaps then you can laugh at yourself when you're on your deathbed.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
As ADoS suggested, perhaps it's just not his fault, and he can't help it. I can't imagine anyone being so sick and twisted as to really enjoy posting such crap. If he is, just ignore him.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Member # 66
Profile #35
Ed has had some...incidents before. It has been some time though. He is propably looking for attention, if anything.

ADoS: Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #36
ROFLMAO. ADoS and his crappy wannabe shrink solution to Ed's "problem". Don't make me throw up.

It's true. It's time you all face up to the fact that life is meaningless, that we all exist via others' perception of ourselves, that our realities are limited to only what we craft with our minds. For the billions of people on the other side of the world, we don't exist, we won't exist, and we never existed. For the people that remember us now -- in a couple of decades we will have been forgotten and never have existed either. Even those "immortalized" in history records or books have meaningless existences for their existences are limited to words on a piece of paper. Burn the paper, kill all the people that know, and voila, no more existence.

And of course idiots can't accept this, we as humans just *have* to have some sort of HIGHER MEANING so we create religion to give us meaning in life. You know what Marx said -- "Religion is the opiate of the masses." We use it to justify the inexplicable, but that stuff is old now. We have science to replace Noah's Ark and the divine incest that repopulated the animal and human population of the earth.

There is no meaning in life. So when someone dies, sure it hurts you, but guess what? A lot of us really don't care. As Lemur said, we didn't know these people, we won't know these people, and the only reason anyone might have the slightest feeling for you is because they know you and it's what society taught us - "When someone's sad, say you're sorry." -- one of the most ridiculous and illogical and stupid phrases ever. At least that's how I feel :P

Just another faceless name, meaningless lives, forgotten in a few years. And I agree that TM is being hypocritical.

Ed really wasn't making any low blows or flaming. He was saying that her death made him happy because he's insane. And he said that life is meaningless, which it is. So stop banging on him and stop trying to believe that you have some higher meaning, diminish the hope you have for a meaning in life because there is no meaning in life. You die. The end.

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Feran:

he's insane.
PRECISELY SIR
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #38
Ed certainly has a right to think and feel as he does. But throwing it at Izzanor at this time in Izzanor's life is like trampling on someone who's already lying on the floor. It isn't quite the thing, you know..

--------------------
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #39
(00:55:27) Ed Lemur: Wanna do be a favour? Go to Spidweb, go to the topic "Shoulder to Cry On' Don't read it. Just post "Now, wait a second. Ed was in the right to say everything he did. He's right too." Exactly like that! Then I win.
(00:55:41) Feran: link me then
(00:55:42) Ed Lemur: And idiots lose.
(00:56:00) Ed Lemur: http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001105
(01:01:14) Ed Lemur: Come on! Don't let them win.
(01:01:24) Feran: i'm doing it i'm doing it!
(01:01:46) Feran: tnere
(01:01:47) Feran: posted

Sorry. I really should stop listening to Ed, considering I still have emotion and he does not.

I offer my condolences if you really did care for her. I don't know how I would live if I lost my closest loved ones. Regardless of whether or not life is meaningless, it doesn't mean that the people I care for aren't important to me. Reality to local to individual, happiness a distraction found in the company of others.

Try not to create threads though, in a public area like this. Among your close friends, in a more closed board, sure, but there are people @ SW who will either flame you because they're evil, or call you a "pity-wh*re".

I once again apologize for my actions. I trust Ed you know. I should be more careful next time.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #40
Fer, my dear filipino, you are a wagot.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #41
Not really. You see Ed and I are completely identical, except for the fact that I still have emotion and he doesn't.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #42
Ya, it is correct partly, you know. I possess one feeling and handle the thing anger to which I fight. And that it is many. The coarse item you the way becomes extinct me and between what the fact that seductively, you are patient never does not seem the lip way, (or then the equal amount of type) it makes flutter less. If even fortunately, the Imban collar it did and everything went well, inhibitation informed about thing me who am imminent. If a less time is not made wasteful, if I do not become this nonsense, reading the fact that it is better.

----

Translation:
Ya know, you're partially correct. I have one emotion that I struggle dealing with- anger. And lots of it. Bastards like you annoy me incessantly, and putting up with you never seems to make you flap your lips any less (or typing equivalent thereof). Fortunately, Imban has informed me that should all go well, your banning will be imminent. The less time I have to waste reading this nonsense, the better.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
Lol TM, what did you do with that text? Put it through the Google auto-translator three times in a row? :P Because it certainly sounds that way...

I think I finally understand what it is with your sig and that other topic "Modification approved".

[ Sunday, July 27, 2003 08:41: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #44
quote:
It's true. It's time you all face up to the fact that life is meaningless, that we all exist via others' perception of ourselves, that our realities are limited to only what we craft with our minds. For the billions of people on the other side of the world, we don't exist, we won't exist, and we never existed. For the people that remember us now -- in a couple of decades we will have been forgotten and never have existed either. Even those "immortalized" in history records or books have meaningless existences for their existences are limited to words on a piece of paper. Burn the paper, kill all the people that know, and voila, no more existence.

And of course idiots can't accept this, we as humans just *have* to have some sort of HIGHER MEANING so we create religion to give us meaning in life. You know what Marx said -- "Religion is the opiate of the masses." We use it to justify the inexplicable, but that stuff is old now. We have science to replace Noah's Ark and the divine incest that repopulated the animal and human population of the earth.

There is no meaning in life. So when someone dies, sure it hurts you, but guess what? A lot of us really don't care. As Lemur said, we didn't know these people, we won't know these people, and the only reason anyone might have the slightest feeling for you is because they know you and it's what society taught us - "When someone's sad, say you're sorry." -- one of the most ridiculous and illogical and stupid phrases ever. At least that's how I feel

Just another faceless name, meaningless lives, forgotten in a few years. And I agree that TM is being hypocritical.

Ed really wasn't making any low blows or flaming. He was saying that her death made him happy because he's insane. And he said that life is meaningless, which it is. So stop banging on him and stop trying to believe that you have some higher meaning, diminish the hope you have for a meaning in life because there is no meaning in life. You die. The end.

You know, I've met people like this before. They are either people who take atheism to the point of religion, or people who believe they are Satan's son (or grand-son, to be more precise).

Now the above people were quite clearly crazy, however you are quite clearly not. My beliefs were leaning this way, until a few weeks ago, when my grandma died. It wasn't so much the effect it had on me, but the effect it had on my dad, that affected me. Until you see such emptiness, such loss, you don't have a clue about humanity.

I've always been concerned with the arrogance of people who say "Life is meaningless". They always seem to feel that they have the edge over the rest of us because they've accepted the inevitable.

Of course, there is another option, which is to tear away your eyes from that computer screen and make the world a little better. As far as I'm concerned, that philosophy is the lazy man's excuse to let the world rot around him.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #45
Misdiagnosis, Morgan.

Feran is just one of those people mistaken enough to take notice of the writings of Sartre, Camus et al.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #46
Indeed. That would apply to Ed, not Feran. Feran has emotions, as he said. He's just atheist and Ed's puppet.

EDIT: Not that being a puppet is necessarily a bad thing. Pinochio was a puppet, and he broke free of his strings and became a real boy and... Well, you know what I mean.

[ Sunday, July 27, 2003 12:15: Message edited by: The Almighty Doer of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Chibidemon Wolf:

Ed has had some...incidents before. It has been some time though. He is propably looking for attention, if anything.

ADoS: Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.

Actually, I was referring to Motrax.

You know, this topic has served its purpose...

[ Sunday, July 27, 2003 12:40: Message edited by: General Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #48
I offer my condolences IZZ. I know how it feels like. My grandfather on my mothers side died of a terrible death with cancer when I was six. My grandmother on my fathers side died of a terrible death with Radiation disease a few years ago. And my grandfather on my fathers side died suddenly of a stroke this past year. Plus my last great uncle on my mothers fathers side died of Cancer of the blood last week. And my father lost his leg before I was born on a construction Job. But I heard this old story, "One day a womans husband died. The woman went to the witchdoctor and said, My husband died, please give me a cure to bring him back to life. The witchdoctor said bring a herb frome a family who has not experienced death. The woman went to all the homes in the village, but everyone in that Village had experienced death at one point. The woman then realized everyone in the World has experienced death at one point and burried her husband." I know this is hard to hear but everyone has experienced death in there life, the only thing we can do is move on. As for Ed, he is a cold hearted bastard who sounds like he wants to be banned.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

EDIT: Not that being a puppet is necessarily a bad thing. Pinochio was a puppet, and he broke free of his strings and became a real boy and... Well, you know what I mean.
...Diable? :P

In any case, this thread's life is meaningless.

*takes out Ravager, administers fatal ravaging to thread to end flaming and hostility*

[ Sunday, July 27, 2003 13:15: Message edited by: Imban ]

Pages