GF2 For Mac!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF2 For Mac!
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #0
Its Out! *runs around yelling*

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #1
Ahh, this is a good sign, this means it won't be that long 'till it comes out for windows as well.
And considering how much better exiles and avernums got with time (Exile/avernum 3 is much better than exile/avernum 1), I am quite excited.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #2
:eek: Uh...What the...

*runs over Order Mage and makes his way to spiderweb software.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
Great! That means I only have to suffer for around 2 more months! *Goees to a corner to sulk.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #4
Ah, the next in a great (albeit short) line of Spiderweb Software games has been released. For some people, Geneforge 2 is a long awaited epic, a finally come drink of water after the other Spiderweb Games have become stagnant with over use. For others, it means we're one game closer to Blades of Avernum. For others still it is an annoying reminder that Jeff uses Macintosh and won't be releasing it for the rest of us for some time. Ah, the compatibility problems of two different OSes... it bites. For myself especially, seeing as my computer is having extreme technical difficulties and cannot run any games outside of Spiderweb releases.

---Your Geneforge 2 awaiting maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Sanity is a relative concept. And like most my relatives, I rarely see it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
I have problems with the Geneforge series. Whenever I start playing Geneforge, I get an overwhelming urge to go play Fallout instead. :P
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #6
Hah, I have prepared myself for that urge! I finished Fallout 2 for the fifth time just yesterday. Now, uh, Fallout Tactics is entirely another story...think I could finish it before GF2...damn you Imban! *Goes to rummage for FOT CD*

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #7
I do wonder if I should do the map for GF2 too.. at least when I'm done with the first one of course :P .

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
The opening is fairly good because, it seems as if Jeff planned where the party should go- I like that (my favorite scenario is Spears, followed closely by an Apology). Of course, my BitTorrent downloads finished shortly after I started playing, so I didn't get too far into it.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 521
Profile Homepage #9
I just plan on holding back my anime until I conquer GF2. Should be back on full time by next monday.

--------------------
I am not really here.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
I am unenthused about Geneforge for much the same reason Imban mentions.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #11
*Rushes to the spidweb site to download GF2. Suddenly realizes that his Mac is TGO's house and that he's on his Dell*
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #12
Then get if back, obviously...

I'll probably be done with GF2 sometime around the beginning of next century... I still haven't beaten GF1... I'm very slow at beating games, because I play one, get near the end, decide to play another, ignore the first, then go on to another... it's an endless cycle, and it means that I rarely actually finish a game. I just beat D2:LoD, maybe I'm on a roll =]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #13
You 'beat' LoD? You really think so? Poor you. Half the fun's in multiplayer, you know :P

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #14
As well as half the pain. I personally am too paranoid to do the multiplayer, cause there are some people out their who prey on the newbies and kill/rob them. Actually, come to think of it, that sounds like fun. When I get done with my current online project, that's next on my list of things to do.
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #15
Well Sir David, exactly like my wife.
She started playing G1, A1, A2 and now the G2 Demo.
But didn't play anything to the end, half way down the road she starts the next one....nevertheless she has fun...
Luckily shes not that way in real life :D

Hm did Jeff ever considered to implement multiplayer after the Geneforge series? I then could aid her through :)

cheers
Abraxx

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #16
Get rid of your stinking Mac Jeff!!! That is all I have to say.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #17
Go to hell. Would probably be Jeff's response.

Anywayz, perhaps direct connection multiplayer would be nice, but the long distance fees would be a pain, so we'd be limited to local players.

This is a reference to the ability in SC to play someone via a direct modem connection.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #18
Hah! Are you kidding? If Jeff wanted to respond like that, I'm sure it would be much longer, complex, and interesting, not to mention hilarious...

Abraxx: Unfortunately, I am like that in real life. Unless that smiley meant something I haven't picked up on yet... o.O

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #19
And he'd use a bunch of words that are against the CoC. But that'd be kind of ironic, though. Especially if a mod didn't know who he was and tried to ban him. Though that's just a fictional and unlikely what if, it's still funny to think about.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #20
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't find that idea nor witty nor clever nor hilarious.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #21
I concur.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash