Random Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Random Questions
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #0
What it says - I'm just curious.

Poll Information
This poll contains 9 question(s). 52 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=lLrienpasBtP"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=lLrienpasBtP"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(Random Questions_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(Random Questions_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #1
I voted.

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #2
Ah yes, OM. You did that. Do you have any opinions you would like to share? Any enlightening comments?

--------------------
- Lewis Carrol

Oh the fun

Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #3
Campari straight up?

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #4
THanks for beating the drum re. volunteering me for modship, but I hardly view myself as sufficiently non-partisan and can't keep up with the endless name changes. Vote for ef instead. She seems a nice sort of person.
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #5
DUDE WTF WHO BIATCH VOT3D FOR M3?!!?!?11!1! OMG WTF LOL I *****LAP JO AL!!11!11 LOL

Good poll all around. Grumpy pleased hrhur...
Edit: Look mommy, I have been naughty. Punish me Imby! I know you still have that Ravager lying around...

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 08:25: Message edited by: ArcticFoxxy ]

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
Uhh now I have to read Prachett. And find a manse to live in. And how can you people not be obsessed with peaches. And good poll. And WTH I didn't know there were three right wing people here. I said mix. Or combination. Or whatever was there.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #7
I chose Thissa because he has the most points to redistribute.
I chose BoA because I was really not impressed by the original Geneforge.
'Ermarian'? From context, the name of the Exile world, right? Where the devil did that name come from, though? IMAGE(Random Questions_files/confused.gif)
I consider myself a leftist, yeah.
Pratchett and Adams are both all right, but their fans make me hold a grudge against the both of them.
You misdid AYBABTU, by the way -- and even violated the English language unintentionally doing so! Proper phrasing is 'to whom are all your base belong', I'd think.
Three cheers for Alcritas.
Hmmm. The other answers must remain a secret. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/cool.gif)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Concerning Ermarian, I have no clue either where the name originated. I know it must be official, but I've never seen it in any of the games - I haven't finished them yet. Ah well.

Does anyone know where it did come from? IMAGE(Random Questions_files/wink.gif)

Is anyone surprised about the left/right thing? I mean, there was the political compass, and the majority got placed in the anarchist section if I remember correctly... IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif)

I voted Adrianna btw; right now she's about as powerful as Erika. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/biggrin.gif) Nobody seems to like Vince Fizz a lot, I understand; oh, and you forgot to nominate Zephyr! IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif) He'd sure make a fascinating mod... IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif)

About the rest: WTH did you make this poll for??? IMAGE(Random Questions_files/confused.gif)

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:51: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Ermarian was named by committee in those forgotten days before Spiderweb had these forums.

—Alorael, who thinks Nye made AYBABTU a query perfectly correctly. "To whom are all your base belong" has one answer, and that's to Mao (to Mao, to Mao Zedong). Besides, what do AYBABTU and correct grammar have in common?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #10
Comments from me:
Jenneke is a WOMAN!!! Look closer at the graphic and you'll see what I mean.What does that name come from? Never mentioned in any game, cos they're supposed to be in a nameless world ("Why have fancy names when there's only one game in town?")Where does "All your base are belong to us" come from??

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 12:22: Message edited by: orangutans ROOL ]

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #11
All your base.

Alorael, I'll flummox you if you didn't mark the conspiracy. I have my ways of finding out, too. Especially since I am Alorael.

-Alorotrax, who thinks that the combination of truncation and concatenation between the names Motrax and Alorael looks, and sounds, just plain ugly.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
You know, I think theft of my signature is covered under the CoC as impersonation. And if it isn't, it darn well should be!

—Alorael, who is not Motrax. And the world needs a name because the Empire ceased being the only game in town with the creation of Exile.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
1. Opinion is very divided concerning that. That's the reason for 'ambiguity' being put in the vote description.

2. How can you live in a totally nameless world?? IMAGE(Random Questions_files/confused.gif) You need a name to refer to the universe at least, you can hardly name it 'the Spiderweb world' or something. Ermarian is perfectly fine for this. The quote from the intro text just referred to the name of the Empire, not the name of the world. Though I'm sure it would greatly benefit the world if some place of origin, history, and a name for this curiously nameless organization was found. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/wink.gif) After all, it was small once, before it conquered the world. So it should have had a name once.

3. I heard it has something to do with StarWars. No idea if it's true though; I have no clue about either (the quote and the movie).

Edit: I really need to post quicker... IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif) Those comments were a response to Orangutan's post. Alorael: I have the suspicion Jeff left out the name because he couldn't think of any. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif) I can understand that though; when the game Exile was first made, it was just another one of those small rpg games with poor graphics, and a world explained in two or three sentences in the intro. Now it's grown, so it needs more information, especially for the benefit of the scenario designers. If it's left up to them, Ermarian will just become a jumble of strange islands never mentioned before, and minor continents, cataclysms and other unimportant stuff which is just not consistent throughout the scenarios. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/wink.gif)

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 13:00: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #14
Why not just leave it as "World" period. Its not that they know of any other worlds anyway cause thats the only "World" Humans, Sliths, Avernites, Vahnatai, Nephil,...etc, know of and this "World" is basicaly divided in "Surface" and "Avernum" each of wich have their sub-divisions and theres no more to it.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
When talking of rpg's, you need to have something you can refer to when you mean the world. For example, the world of Geneforge is different from the world of Avernum, and the world of Exile is similar, but a bit different from that of Avernum.

Many scenarios take place in a completely different world, or just plain invent new lands to the generic one. After a while, you forget which universe you're in.

Any good rpg series should have a well developed world, including a history, a mythology, a consistent geography, and, of course, a name!

And the Sliths, Nephilim, and Humans have different languages and cultures. They would name the world differently. Look at our 'Earth'. It's the only world we've ever been on, apart from the moon which doesn't really count. It's still got a name.

--------------------
---
---
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #16
Out of the blue, did anyone know that Port Townsend is a real town? I almost went there last month while in Washington. Bremerton and Poulsbo are also there.I just thought that was interesting. Also, I tried to vote in the poll, but it said I already voted. Oh well.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it.

Delierious?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
Well, we found out that Jeff stole the Nephilim from the Bible! IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif) (Now where was that thread - ah yes, the 'Other Authors in Exile' one)

And he has been quoted to say he had
quote:
named the casts of entire towns after characters from TV shows
, so why shouldn't he take some real world town names too? IMAGE(Random Questions_files/wink.gif)

I wonder if Silvar, Cotra and Formello exist somewhere... IMAGE(Random Questions_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
---
---
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
You forgot both Stareye and Kiwis. It's spelled Bing "Crosby". All your base are belong to Mao, Mao, Mao Tse-tung.

And really, people who own Manses tend to be killed rapidly by giants IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif)

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 16:35: Message edited by: Expanding Man ]

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #19
That poll was very....strange....

--------------------
I get energy from your jealousy. Ever wonder why I'm so hyper?

The Abyss Scenarios, Forums, Graphics...
E-Master's Graemlins Come take a look.
Miscellaneous Get to the closed misc. forums!
Where's Waldo? Can you find Waldo in less than a minute? *Evil Grin*
End of World Da end is coming!
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #20
Well obviously I should be given the next open mod spot. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Expanding Man:

You forgot both Stareye and Kiwis. It's spelled Bing "Crosby". All your base are belong to Mao, Mao, Mao Tse-tung.

And really, people who own Manses tend to be killed rapidly by giants

Stareye is a mod. Sorry about the kiwis! The mispelling was intentional. No, all my base are belong to Campari straight up.

And really, I quite agree. Foolish people to want to live in manses. IMAGE(Random Questions_files/tongue.gif)

And you can't expect Nye to be perfection. That's you - BAD BOY DEACON MAKES GOOD!

--------------------
- Lewis Carrol

Oh the fun

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #22
Stareye is a mod. Stareye is also the best damn scenario designer, bar-none.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #23
Your opinions are lovely to hear. If I were not a biased poll maker, perhaps I would include Stareye.

Unfortunately, I have a distaste for scenarios where the combat is the bulk of the file, however technically innovational and bla bla bla they might be. No insult is meant towards Stareye; from his posts here and and from the technicalities and writing of his scenarios, I can tell he is at least an intelligent person - I simply shudder to think of the hackn'slash fests I participated in to finish that mission for the 'Prime Director'.

And I am a biased poll maker.

Now I just have to go bloodily slay Jim Raynor, that bastard, he's shooting all my Dragoons, and so - *good night*

EDIT: Ruined dramatic exit in vain attempt to salvage the bit of correct grammar in this post.

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 19:40: Message edited by: Nye ]

--------------------
- Lewis Carrol

Oh the fun

Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #24
I've heard of the RL Port Townsend. It's where Loompanics publish, innit?

Pages