Call to Action. Alexandria needs your help.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Call to Action. Alexandria needs your help.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #0
I have gone through Alexandria and the rest of the web searching for those scenarios that are missing. There are many and I need your help. In order for Alexandria to be searchable, each scenario needs lots of information submitted with it. Please help me gather all the information needed for each of these scenarios and submit them to Alex. When you have submitted all the information for one post it and I will remove that scenario from the list. Together by doing one at a time, we can help bridge the gap to making Alexandria truly comprehensive. Even if you can just do one in a day it will help. If anyone has one of the scenarios that does not have a download site, please e-mail it to me I will forward it to Brett. Thank you all.

Scenarios that Alex is missing and their download sites. I have reworked the list and put it in alphabetical order. I have included all the misc info I can find to make it easier for someone to submit one to Alex. I included any Descriptions I could find written by the author some paraphrased, and I know some of the e-mail addresses are different for the same person but I just included the e-mail I found with that scenario. I have no idea if any of these e-mails work.

Dirty Gold - by Ryan Phelps, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/gold.zip, Description: The only thing easier to find here than gold… is death., Author e-mail: ?, Level: Low, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 77, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: R, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 6.73, Password: yes

Dragon Within 1: Ragnarok - by valkyriegirls, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/dwragna.zip, Description: The fate of the world rests in your hands alone., Author e-mail: ?, Level: Medium, Supporting Docs: None, Size Zipped (KB): 245, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: 3.3, Lyceum Rating: 3.33, Password: yes

Dranhelm 1: Freedom - by Frahhamn, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/dran.zip, Description: Preserve magic while trying to survive., Author e-mail: ?, Level: Low, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 53, Custom Graphics: no, Content Rating: G, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 4.88, Password: yes, Comments: Comes with pre-made party.

Enormously Inconvenient - by Jatz, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/enormas.zip, Description: As you travel, an almost gentle clicking sound fills the air., Author e-mail: andy@samtoby.freeserve.co.uk, Level: Medium, Supporting Docs: Readme Hints, Size Zipped (KB): 60, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: G, SpiderWeb Rating: 2.8, Lyceum Rating: 4.25, Password: yes

Escapades in the Green Mountains - by Lucid Dreamer, http://www.geocities.com/blyceum/Olympia/EscapGM.zip , Author e-mail: ?, Level: , Supporting Docs: None, Size Zipped (KB): 123, Custom Graphics: no, Content Rating: , SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 3.90, Password: yes Comment: Said to only work on mac's.

Expedition, The - by Lt. Sullust, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/exped89.zip, Description: Can you retrieve the lost armor of Harin?, Author e-mail: ?, Level: Low, Supporting Docs: None, Size Zipped (KB): 60, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: G, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 6.12, Password: yes

Kistar's Quest - by Anna Stewart, http://www.geocities.com/catullusgaius/Kistar.zip, Description: Exile faces a new threat from a powerful enemy., Author e-mail: malcolms@avnet.co.uk, Level: High, Supporting Docs: Readme Hints, Size Zipped (KB): 126, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: n/a, Password: yes

Land of the Damned - by Jeremy Maddock (Yakavonis), www.geocities.com/catullusgaius/land.zip, Description: A valley is infested with monsters. Can you help?, Author e-mail: BlackArow@aol.com, Level: Very High, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 125, Custom Graphics: no, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: n/a, Password: yes

Lords of Arkon (NC-17) - by elf of the forest, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/ARK.zip, Description: This is a ‘choose your own adventure’ style scenario., Author e-mail: ?, Level: Medium, Supporting Docs: None, Size Zipped (KB): 101, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: NC-17, SpiderWeb Rating: 2.5, Lyceum Rating: 1.43, Password: yes

Lost Tunnels, The (part one) - by Count Jagen, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/curseone.zip, Description: Troubles in a local sewer become something more., Author e-mail: Jagan342@charter.net, Level: Very High, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 100, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: 3.6, Lyceum Rating: 5.63, Password: yes

Lost Tunnels, The (part two) - by Count Jagen, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/cursetwo.sit, Description: Will you ever find your way out of the lost tunnels?, Author e-mail: Jagan342@charter.net, Level: Very High, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 98, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: n/a, Password: yes

Mere Silver War - by Taylon23, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/msw.zip, Author e-mail: ?, Level: Medium, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 54, Custom Graphics: no, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: n/a, Password: yes

Nature of Evil, The - by Measle, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/evilnat.zip, Description: Nothing is ever as black and white as it seems., Author e-mail: stephen_masel@hotmail.com, Level: Very High, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 191, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 8.20, Password: yes

Old MacDonald - by Kattana, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/oldmcd.zip, Author e-mail:?, Level: Low, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 204, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: G, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: n/a, Password: yes

Rise of the Great Daemon - by KJ Matossian, http://www.geocities.com/catullusgaius/riseone.zip, Description: A sudden uprising of monsters start attacking civilians., Author e-mail: ?, Level: Medium, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 32, Custom Graphics: no, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 1.37, Password: yes

Sword of Kings, The - by Eric Ford, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/SwdKings.zip, Author e-mail: ?, Level: Low, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 31, Custom Graphics: no, Content Rating: G, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 2.65, Password: yes

Ultimate Power - by KJ Matossian, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/ultpower.zip, Description: It will obey your wishes and you have to get it., Author e-mail: ?, Level: Very High, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 73, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: 2.7, Lyceum Rating: 3.00, Password: yes

Ultimate Sesame Mission, The - by Dan Fizz, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/sesame.zip, Description: Can you, the sesames, save your masters and the Universe?, Author e-mail:?, Level: High, Supporting Docs: None, Size Zipped (KB): 1226, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: R, SpiderWeb Rating: 2.5, Lyceum Rating: 2.73, Password: yes

War of Exile - by David O'Brien, http://es.geocities.com/falcata2/Scenarios/thewar.zip, Author e-mail: ?, Level: Very High, Supporting Docs: Readme, Size Zipped (KB): 68, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: n/a, Lyceum Rating: 1.00, Password: yes

Witch or Worse - by Zxquez, ftp://ftp.spidweb.com/user_scen/azxq.zip, Description: Can you kill a witch, or something worse?, Author e-mail: ?, Level: High, Supporting Docs: None, Size Zipped (KB): 191, Custom Graphics: yes, Content Rating: PG, SpiderWeb Rating: 2.6, Lyceum Rating: 2.57, Password: yes

Scenarios Alex is missing that I have not found a download site for:

Random Rampage - by Zxques
Island of the Giants, The - by Aaron Maybury
Isle of War – by Jeremy Maddock
Isle of War II – by Jeremy Maddock
Oreh’s Legacy – by Joel O’Brien

This scenario is already up at Alex but the link doesn't work and I haven't found any other working links for it. If you have this scenario please e-mail it to me. Thank you.

The Killing – by The Doomguard

I am going to take care of these scenarios. They are just here to remind me.

Caer Selwyn – by Will Martin
It - by
Ravaged Land - by lost_king
Great War, The - by lost_king
Homeland - by lost_king
Isle of Serin - by Chris Lawson
The Lost Island - by Brave Sir Robin
Gornan - by Frahhamn
Savior's Quest - by John Battye

[ Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:48: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #1
It seems that all the download sites are not going to post correctly, but I have already forwarded the list to Brett, so go ahead and send all the information without the download site to him.

--------------------

BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #2
This might help.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #3
I'm not sure we should post utility scenarios or code examples on Alex. Right now, it contains playable scenarios. What do you think?

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #4
Why not include them? If someone wants them where else are they going to look? Plus A Shopping Scenario, and Party Maker are already up at Alex. If we don't put them at Alex we should at least have them available all together somewhere else.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Why not just link to a supplemental page?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
Or just have another field on the Alex search page that allows the user to choose whether to search for utility scenarios or not. Since they're out there, they mays well be on Alex.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #7
A have a copy of Caer Selwyn, but it doesn't include graphics file, which are needed. Does anyone have it?
If not, I'll go through the game and do some pics for it. Just wait a little before I send it.
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #8
I've the graphicless version of Caer Selwyn, too. It'd be nice to see how the scenario really should play out, though.. So yay for Luz. ^^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #9
These scenarios are already up at Alex but the links for them don't work and I haven't found any other working links for them. If you have any of these scenarios please e-mail them to me. Thank you.

Isle of Serin – by Chris Lawson
It – by Joel O’Brien
The Killing – by The Doomguard
The Lost Island – by Brave Sir Robin

[ Thursday, October 14, 2004 07:55: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #10
Jeesh, I haven't even heard of some of these. Are all of these scenarios posted at the Spiderweb website?

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
No. If SW were half-decent at storing scenarios, we wouldn't need Alexandria, now would we?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #12
Actually, most scenarios listed on Alex are on SW servers. I just link to them. Now that I have more storage space, maybe I'll transfer them over to my space...

--------------------

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #13
/me taps foot
Well, now I know you all are looking at the list cause you're making conversation about it but I have yet to see anyone post that they've submitted any info to Alex. Come on people, don't make me and Brett do all the work. Get on you're duffs and play one of the scenarios on the list. Keep track of how long it takes you, how many towns/dungeons there are, and how many outdoor sections. The rest of the information needed can be found a bit faster, if not easier and I'd be willing to look up the rest if you'll just post those three things. Will it suck? Maybe. Is it an inconvience? Yes. Will it be worth it? Absolutely. Now just do it... Please.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 556
Profile #14
quote:
These scenarios are already up at Alex but the links for them don't work and I haven't found any other working links for them.
The Big Fight – by John O’Brien
The Lost Island – by Brave Sir Robin
Four Horsemen – by Glynn Reaper
Search for Mortrax – by Justin Paszul
Daughters of Aiyina – by Janet Cone
The Zhakazi Edit – by Alcritas
(temporarily only and without permission :) ) here
and finally found a working link for "A Quest for Milk" here

BUT fat chance on playing much... on company time... :(

[ Monday, October 11, 2004 10:09: Message edited by: Mervian ]
BoE Posse
Member # 84
Profile Homepage #15
Regarding Caer Selwyn, I emailed the author about that ages ago and he was kind enough to send me the graphics file. I can send it out when I get a chance, anyone besides Mab interested?

--------------------
http://members.aol.com/risberg/blades/

Eternity approaches.
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #16
Yeash. kommari at gmail dot com ^^

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #17
Drizzt, did R. Martin send you a finished EXS file too? I've crawled across the entire scenario, searching for pic descriptions and bugs, just to find the last (final?) dungeon is to be completed, and so the main quest.
Which is a pity, because what's actually finished looks pretty good for a first effort.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #18
I want everything you got. And I'm gonna keep everything I get so there's no more of this 'treasure hunt' when someone wants a scenario. Is three back-up CD's too many?

--------------------

BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #19
I am working on putting all these scenarios into Alex. Any help you can give on scenario info is much appreciated. No way I can play all these to count towns, etc.

Also, I may just copy the entire all the scenarios from SW and place them on my own site.

THey currently come to about 50 MB. I recently acquired 500 MB of storage.

That way, no more broken links as people move things, SW renames ZIP files, etc.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #20
A fully independent site that stored the scenarios instead of just linking to them sounds like a really good idea. But what's going on with that idea about making these things designer-editable? I thought we were going to have a new database soon that would allow us to go in and update things directly instead of e-mailing and waiting.

Er, and what do you want about NK0P? How long it takes, the number of towns, and the number of outdoor sections? As best I recall, it's something like an hour, 15, and 1.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #21
Thank you, NK0P is taken care of. It might be a good idea for the person playing it to give a brief description too. I just copied what was up at Spiderweb for this one, but it'd be nice for those not there.

PS. Hey Brett, I think I spelled his name wrong on the submission form. :( If you can take care of that before you post it, I'd be much obliged.

--------------------

BoE Posse
Member # 84
Profile Homepage #22
Regarding CS, no I don't believe he ever finished it. He told me that he sent the scenario to Spirderweb to unlock it - he'd forgotten the password, and they posted it (without the graphics file of course) instead. I encouraged him to finish it - as you said, it wasn't half-bad, and he said he would try.

I didn't hear anything back from him, so it seems this is yet another unfinished work due to, in part at least, the actions of Spiderweb. Bummer.

The version I have is last modified 1/17/2000 - I don't think he ever sent me an updated scenario, just the graphics. I haven't sent it yet - not forgotten, just have to get to it.

--------------------
http://members.aol.com/risberg/blades/

Eternity approaches.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

But what's going on with that idea about making these things designer-editable? I thought we were going to have a new database soon that would allow us to go in and update things directly instead of e-mailing and waiting.

I have it set up, I just need data. A DB dump from Alexandria would work.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #24
Which is why we need to get all the scenarios on the list into Alexandria's DB.

--------------------

Pages