Call to Action. Alexandria needs your help.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Call to Action. Alexandria needs your help.
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

But what's going on with that idea about making these things designer-editable? I thought we were going to have a new database soon that would allow us to go in and update things directly instead of e-mailing and waiting.

I have it set up, I just need data. A DB dump from Alexandria would work.

Send me your e-mail address Andrea, and I'll dump what I have to this point. That way you can test it.

If things look good, we can decide on next steps.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #26
I've reworked the list to make it easier to navigate. I've also included all the misc info I can find so it's easier for you to submit one to Alex.

Can I get any volunteers to take a scenario and play it? Again, keep track of #of towns/dungeons, #of outdoor sections, and how long it takes to play. Some scenarios still need a short Description too.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

But what's going on with that idea about making these things designer-editable? I thought we were going to have a new database soon that would allow us to go in and update things directly instead of e-mailing and waiting.

I have it set up, I just need data. A DB dump from Alexandria would work.

So what's the status on this? Did you get the DB dump I sent?

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #28
BUMP

Djur, you there?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #29
I have been told by some and shown by others' questions that few people really know what I'm doing with this post so I'm going to try to explain it better.

Ever since Brett opened Alexandria, he has asked for the community's help in 'submitting' scenarios and certain information about them to help make Alex a searchable database. If you haven't yet, please click on Alex's Submission Form to get a better idea of what it is to 'submit' a scenario to Alex.

The scenarios on the list are those which I have found to be missing from Alex's database and still need to be submitted. I have included with them all the information needed that can be found without actually playing the game. The information that is still needed is; # indoor sections, # outdoor sections, time it takes to play in days, and some still need a brief description. This information can only be found by playing the scenario so I'm asking the community for help.

If you would like to help this is what you do.
1. First voulnteer for a scenario in a reply to this post.
2. I will unbold the title of that scenario so that others know that it is being taken care of. There is no time limit, take as long as you need.
3. While you are playing the scenario, keep track of how many indoor sections there are (this includes every time you need to re-explore a town because of an event), how many outdoor sections there are, and how long it takes you to play it.
4. When you have finished playing the scenario post the information you have found with a brief description of the scenario and I will submit it at Alex. OR Submit the scenario yourself using the form linked to above and post that you have done it.
5. I will delete that scenario from the list.
6. Repeat as often as you like.

Thank you.

[ Wednesday, October 27, 2004 11:48: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #30
Just getting this on the front page again since I still need help.

The lost lost_king scenarios have been found! *crowd roars in anticipation* Now we can all revel in their horribleness.

Only six scenarios still missing.

[ Wednesday, November 10, 2004 09:33: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #31
Yeah? Where?

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #32
I got 'em on my hard drive for now. You want me to e-mail them to you or post them at my website?

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #33
Put 'em on your site. It takes forever for me to download attachments sent by e-mail for me.

--------------------

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #34
They're up. Click on any of the three titles to get to the download page. All three are in one zip, only 107KB.

ps. Enjoy... or, er... don't.

[ Sunday, December 05, 2004 19:38: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #35
Alright. I played them and they are AWFUL!

But seriously, I still didn't think they were worse than War of Exile, though TGW comes pretty close. Maybe it's just that Homeland was plain pointless. And I prefer pointless stuff to 100% annoying stuff (like WoE.)

Now if the Lost King scenarios were all one big scenario, that would be a whole different story. . .

--------------------

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #36
As a quick note: The download sites listed in the first post are all broken due to a comma attached at the end. It's not a big problem, but it's still annoying to have to correct the address when you try to download.

That said, over the next weekend I might try to godmod my way through some of those scenarios to count number of towns etc and other stuff Alex requires on the submission form. That's sort of the idea, right?

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #37
Yep, that's the idea. I know that the url's are a bit tricky, but when I tried to copy/paste them without the comma at the end, the board would automatically shorten the url and put periods (...) in the middle making it more difficult to copy into the Alexandra submission form. This way may be annoying but it keeps all the characters of the url showing for accuracy.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 556
Profile #38
About the lost Lost King scns:
quote:
They're up. Click on any of the three titles to get to the download page.
Sorry to butt in, I've also missed the pleasure in playing them - but I can't see any link on your site. Did I arrive too late? :)
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #39
It's there inside the Comprehensive BoE Walkthroughs. All three scenarios are listed in the database and all three will take you to the download page. Here's the direct link for the page though.

lost_king scenarios

Edit: Hey Bain, since you've played through them all can you tell me how many towns and outdoor sections they have. I had it on my list to do because there wasn't an easy way for others to get them till now... but since you've already played them you can tell me, right?

[ Tuesday, December 07, 2004 13:31: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #40
I haven't finished the Lost King scenarios due to their sheer awfulness, so I really can't help you. They don't have a password, though, so I may be able to look at it at a later time.

--------------------

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal

Pages