Nethergate: Resurrection v1.0 for Windows notes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nethergate: Resurrection v1.0 for Windows notes
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
Nethergate: Resurrection v1.0 for Windows is now available here:

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/nethergateres/index.html

The right mouse button not looking is a bug. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Mouse movement is slightly different from Blades of Avernum. When changing directions, you don't start walking until the cursor is settled in the desired direction and stops moving. Jury is still out on the movement change. It is slightly slower when changing directions, but it gives better control.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Apprentice
Member # 8027
Profile #1
I love it.

I must admit I prefer cursor-based movement over mouse-based one here as both hands on the keyboard give me the best control (a side-effect from playing many Rogue based games I suppose)

Also I really love the "big world" feeling with the map zooming out while overland. Gives the whole game a sense distance between locations (instead of the "everything is just ten stone-throws apart" feeling if only one map-scale is used)

I love it! Two thumbs up!
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #2
Huzzah! I'm happy to hear about the right button mouse thing. And if the movement thing gets fixed too I'll be so umm, happy!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Apprentice
Member # 9695
Profile #3
Yah, plz bring back BoA mouse movement. This one is not 'slightly slower', it's a pain in the ass.
Can't even force myself to play the demo because of all the sloppyness.

Also minimap/inventory switch change from 'space' to 'tab' surprised when I attempted it during combat. 'space' now does the same as 'd' in combat mode, and same as 'w' outside combat, which is even more confusing. But I can live with that.

Couldn't care less about the right click too, I brought that feature back for meself with a simple AutoIt script (also added 'talk' to middle button, heh).

Minor visual glitch, with some probably unnecessary redrawing going on - Game Menu dialog reappears for a sec after 'Save' is clicked, flickers once when changing window focus back to Nethergate, and flickers twice when exiting from Preferences dialog, is that a bug too?
Apprentice
Member # 7279
Profile #4
Oh thanks heavens, my belovid right mouse button will be coming back.
And like others I'm all for the old style of movement, control has never realy been an issue; asside from slowing down when you hit a swamp its not somthing you ever have to worry about with either system.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #5
I have a new version of Nethergate: Resurrection with right-click looking and the old style of movement. I will most likely put a temporary test release out this weekend and a v1.0.1 release out later this week.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
Apprentice
Member # 6847
Profile #6
hey is out now! I should have a try soon anyway i am too used to Geneforge mouse type movements, hopefully the control is like that as well........

--------------------
Gundam!
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #7
I have temporarily put a test version v1.0.1 or Nethergate: Resurrection on our ftp site.

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/Nethergatev101.zip

Put it in the Netherget Directory and run it and it should fix the two previously mentioned problems. If you have difficulties (or if you try it and it seems fine) let me know here or at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #8
The update works great. Thanks Jeff!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Apprentice
Member # 6252
Profile #9
This update is good :) But could you make in another update custom char creation. When I press new char button to give me clean sheet with points to spare instead of pre def?
Apprentice
Member # 9695
Profile #10
Thanks, movement is ok now :)
So far noticed one minor bug introduced in this update - when picking up items from ground or containers, the next one in line takes the place of the item that was picked up (that's all good as should be), but its name and description doesn't change until mouse cursor is moved.

[ Sunday, August 12, 2007 03:06: Message edited by: heal plz ]
Apprentice
Member # 6108
Profile #11
Hi All,
Well, I installed the windows version demo 2 nights ago and I'm having 0 problems, hurray!!! Love the new graphics, dialogues and graphic icons, since I can't register yet, only stuck with demo, but I plan to, since I got the original NetherGate years ago. Does it matter that it was purchased under my maiden name, I married now, wasn't when I bought it. Anyhoo, thanks Jeff, it's great!!! :D :cool:

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Morgaine
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Just make sure you send Jeff enough information so he can locate your original purchase, like the name it was purchased under at the time.
Apprentice
Member # 373
Profile Homepage #13
This is the most beautifully made piece of Siderweb software. Everything is so pretty, words can't describe it.

--------------------
Woot my Number is 373, how many poeple can say that!!

Give me some credit I made this site 9 years ago, I was 12. Just highlight the words to read them.

www.maxpages.com/exile3
Apprentice
Member # 374
Profile #14
I cant wait to play this.