How about some Player Reviews...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How about some Player Reviews...
Apprentice
Member # 6885
Profile #0
Hi all... I am looking forward to the Windows release of this game.

So... for those lucky ones of you who get to play the game now... how about a quick, spoiler free review. What do you think of the game? Try not to compare it to the original... just rate it on its own merit as a unique game.

Thanks to any who choose to write up some quick reviews.

--------------------
May all your hits be crits!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
game...good. get it.

-s-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Fun for the whole family, excuse me I have to reload. Torment is definitely harder this time for singletons.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #3
Since I am away from home at the moment and using a different computer and don't plan on registering it here, I am playing through the demo with a Celt party of 4. This game is immensely creative and unique in storyline. It is a really great game, and you should download it the day it comes out for windows. It even has snippets of actual history in parts (mainly item descriptions). However, I have noticed something slightly annoying that will probably get fixed in later versions. The game, since it uses the great BoA engine, makes numerous references to Mage and Priest Spells skill. But oh well. I could care less about some little mistakes like that.

There are tons of cool outdoor encounters to come across. The descriptions are rich and portray an interesting atmosphere. A very imaginative game. The dungeons are very cool, with the usual secret doors leading to treasure, intense boss fights, cunning puzzles to solve, etc. All great aspects present in all Spiderweb games.

I am really feeling the suspense, knowing that sometime, you must die and travel the land of the dead. I can't wait to register! The game has some of those nice cutscenes we all like to watch. Netheregate Resurection really is a great game. This is pretty much my testimonial of this game.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
IMAGE(http://tyranicus.dreamhosters.com/braveheart.jpg)
Celtic warriors love Nethergate: Resurrection!

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Play Nethergate or the faeries will steal your babies.

—Alorael, who supposes that's not a review. Okay, how about this: it's so good you'll be willing to trade your babies to the faeries for it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6885
Profile #6
Thanks, everyone for your comments. Now I'm even more excited about getting the game!

--------------------
May all your hits be crits!
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #7
Don't mind if I hijack a little.

I too will like to purchase the Windows version of Nethergate Resurrection when it comes out. Anyway, is it some kind of pricing strategy to make the new Nethergate cheaper than the old one.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
You get a discount if you already own the older version.
Warrior
Member # 4638
Profile #9
How do the number of quests and/or length of play time compare to Avernum 4? Is is a similarly sized game?

--------------------
Trying not to flame...
You are asleep.
Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
So it goes.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #10
Hmmm. Tough question. In terms of world size, of course not, because as with the beloved older engines, you can hold down the mouse button to travel the world at high speed.

In terms of quests, I would think there might be a bit less or a bit more that A4.

In terms of play time, for me, much more. I have grown very meticulous, always wanting to complete EVERY quest. If you aren't like that, than a bit less because of outdoor travel time.

If you want ultra-specific answers, maybe Synergy or some other powergamer will have compiled a list. Although that seems like a slight waste of time to me.

:P

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Ceylon:

How do the number of quests and/or length of play time compare to Avernum 4? Is is a similarly sized game?
There are few quests than Avernum 4, but you get to see Shadow Valley from both the Roman and Celtic viewpoints. It takes a little less time because it's a slightly smaller world map. There are 25 outdoor zones with a dungeon in all but one of them and most dungeons are multiple levels.

You do get to try more variations in parties than Avernum since the Romans and Celts have different skill sets.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #12
Based on the previous comments I am going to blindly trust what they say and spend hard earned money on the game. Seriously, is it really that good?

1-10

1= No, we were lying. It is a terrible game.

10= If you don't listen to me Corrupted and get this game I will deem you a complete moron and lose all traces of what can even be remotely called respect for you.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Or you could just download the demo and play for a while to see if you want to spend your hard-earned money on it.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #14
I am only asking because the demo isn't out for windows yet. Just wanted to get some some input. That is what this thread is for. Of course I am going to play the demo before I find it.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:

Of course I am going to play the demo before I find it.
I am intrigued at the implied temporal relationship here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #16
Hijack. Is nethergate singleton friendly? Ive only just got into playing as a singleton, so should i wait for Windows Nethergate or get stuck into Avernum 2 again?

[ Friday, August 03, 2007 01:39: Message edited by: Angry Ogre ]

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Angry Ogre:

Hijack. Is nethergate singleton friendly?
Not very. It's possible on Torment difficulty, but hard (especially for Romans). Of course, if you're playing as a singleton you're probably doing it partly for the challenge anyway.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #18
How much can you expect from a sleep deprieved 12 year old who spends most of his time staring blankly at the computer? Give me some credit. Rubbing together the few burnt out brain cells I have left to type on the computer is hard enough. But now you expect me to form coherent thoughts? Your sir, have crossed the line.

[ Friday, August 03, 2007 08:37: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]