Nerthergate sequal?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nerthergate sequal?
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #0
Will there ever be a nethergate sequal? I haven't played Nethergate for a while but I know that I was a pretty good game and I liked the idea of Celts Vs Romans. Maybe Jeff could make it after Geneforgie 3.

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
If Nethergate had sold well, then there would already be a Nethergate 3.
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #2
Thats a shame, so are you saying that there will be no more nerthergate styled games(and I do know about Avernum and geneforge etc).

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #3
Better not. Nethergate is very special, almost a small piece of art. If it sells or not is really not that important.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by ef:

If it sells or not is really not that important.
Um, it's probably pretty important to Jeff...

--------------------
Ex-member-#2475.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #5
I don't know about a sequel, as all of the magic vanishes from the land at the end of the game, but i think that a prequel between the greater magics would be great

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #6
Nethergate II: no.

I still think Jeff could concentrate a bit more on games in the spirit of Nethergate. The old fantasy-dragon-sword genre gets a little boring from time to time. Geneforge is quite good, but still nothing compared to Nethergate. More "realistic" RPg, please!

Perhaps SW could be inspired by some other old culture (as the Romans and Celts in Nethergate)?

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #7
Aztecs vs Spanish conquistadors?

i think that would kick ass

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #8
Not a bad idea!

Although, it would probably end up being just a copy of Nethergate, with the invaders and the magic-worshipping folk. But still, not a bad idea.

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
You could have Aztecs against any number of smaller groups that they took great joy in wiping off the face of the Earth. They were actually a lot like the Romans in some ways, although the Romans called their human sacrifices entertainment instead of worship.

—Alorael, who thinks the point is moot anyway. There will be no Nethergate 2, or NetherTenochtitlan, or anything else of the sort.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1376
Profile #10
A Nethergate 2 would be fun. I really liked the mood of the original, but I didn't think that it left much room for a sequel of any sort. A prequel maybe.

--------------------
"Never think twice about something if the first time you thought about it you thought you were thinking about it twice when really it was just once, and never think about something once unless there's money involved."
--The Mad Hatter's Deceaced Wife
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #11
quote:
Although, it would probably end up being just a copy of Nethergate, with the invaders and the magic-worshipping folk. But still, not a bad idea.

Actually, it wouldn't necessarily have to be like that. The Spanish invaders, being Christian, could have control over traditional clerical magics, such as curing and healing spells. The Aztecs could have any manner of odd styles of magic, although they would need to be more dependent on magic than their enemies.

Another interesting idea from another part of the world could be the invasion of India by the Aryan peoples, who defeated the previous Dravidian inhabitants. However, not many standard gamers know that much about Indian history, so this idea might not go over so well.

In any case, a game based on historical events would be best as an individual game, not as a sequel to Nethergate.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #12
I think Jeff should try some sci-fi. Nethergate is awesome, of course, as are the other series, but they're all set in medieval times. Anyway, Jeff seems to like to keep old graphics; an Aztec vs Spanish game, or Aztec vs little tribes, or whatever, wouldn't allow him to do that much; if he won't try sci-fi, I doubt he'll try Aztec.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 1376
Profile #13
hmm.. a sci-fi might be interesting. Having lazer guns and blasters... running around on alien planets... I can almost see it happening. :)
But the Aztec thing could be pretty good also.

--------------------
"Never think twice about something if the first time you thought about it you thought you were thinking about it twice when really it was just once, and never think about something once unless there's money involved."
--The Mad Hatter's Deceaced Wife