Exile 3 questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile 3 questions
Apprentice
Member # 3328
Profile Homepage #0
I have a lot of questions about Exile 3.

1. three things, Where can I augment? Should I bother? and what should I augment with? (+2, flaming?)

3. Where are all the random items shops? I know there is one in the Tower of Magi and Storm Port. Also, which one is cheapest? (Storm Port has good prices)

4. What is a good amulet to use? I have a couple Fang Necklaces for random bless, which is nice.

5. The Archer's Bow gives 3 defense and weighs 1, so should I equip one on everyone, even if they don't do archery, purely for the defense?

6. What are the best gloves for each type of character? Warrior, Thief, and Magic users.

7. Should I get mythril chain mail for everyone? It seems to be really good, having nice defense and no encumbrance.

--------------------
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
1) There are lots of augmentations places. The best is +3 in Gale if you can wait. Do enough deliveries to make money and you can replace older items with new ones if you don't want to wait.

3) The other random item stores are in Yale across the bay from Shaydar to the west by ferry and in the center of Loreli. Prices are about the same for buying.

4) There better amulets later in the game so trade up when you get one. It depends upon personal preference. There is a crystal one that prevents petrification by the basilisks that I always liked,

5) Having extra Archer's bows can't hurt and there are times when you can save the spell energy and just have everyone shoot.

6) Micah gloves help spellcasters, the is nimble gloves for the thief, and just pick what you like for fighters.

7) Mithril chain is great for spellcasters and thief/archers, but there is some great plate for the fighters up in front.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
1. I found augmentation generally more expensive than useful. You should save your money and just use magic weapons or whatever artifacts you scrounge up.

2. It's a number between 1 and 3.

3. The town is Marish. The mayor's name is Yale. And the towns are Shayder and Lorelei. These things are important!

4. There are no essential amulets. It think I may have been using a Fang Necklace all the way to the end. Use whatever you like.

5. Yes, it's worth equipping non-archers with an Archer's Bow. It's not worth much, but it helps a bit. If you actually have an archer, which isn't essential by any means, you may find better armaments.

6. Nothing to add here.

7. Still nothing to add. Fighters and pure priests don't really suffer from encumberance, so you might as well stuff them in the heaviest armor available.

—Alorael, who now gets A3 and E3 memories confused. There are far fewer random but neat bits of magic gear floating around in the original.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
Isn't there a random item merchant who wanders along the road from the east which leads to Sharimik?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Delaying Tactictian:

7. Still nothing to add. Fighters and pure priests don't really suffer from encumberance
I disagree. Keeping everyone to 2 encumbrance or less is a very good idea if you don't want to risk losing AP. Blessing has more of an impact on your defensive ability anyway.

[ Tuesday, December 05, 2006 19:21: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
1. There are a few places where you can augment (I forget at the moment), but it's just too expensive for my taste. If you do decide to augment, make sure the item gains something useful.

3. There's a also random item shop in Lorelei, and I think it's the cheapest.

4. I prefer the Lifesaver Amulet until my Luck skill is high.

5. I really don't use archery in E3, so I can't give you advice here. For me, all missile weapons are junk items, and get sold.

6. I use Nimble Gloves or Micah's Gloves for just about anyone.

7. That's what I do, especially since all my PCs are trained as both priests and mages. Mithral Chain Mail is pretty much my favorite armor. If I wear something encumbering, I lose not just some APs per turn in combat, but also the ability to cast mage spells.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Kuber:

Isn't there a random item merchant who wanders along the road from the east which leads to Sharimik?
Yes there is, though he seems to elude me every time I travel the road. :(

However, random item shop are forever the source of rare priceless magical items, for a good price.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Sturg:

Random item shops are the source of rare priceless magical items, for a price.
(Paraphrased.)

Also, Mithril isn't brilliant, and even spellcasters can find better armour.

[ Wednesday, December 06, 2006 08:48: Message edited by: Mozzolini xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #8
I'm only a moderate player, at best and we all have preferred ways to play. But, I strongly prefer to spend my money on Strength and Weapon ability for the Fighters and Spell points for the Spell Casters. Gadgets always seem to end up costing more than they ever help. And, they're just more 'junk' to carry around.
If you want better defense, buy defense points rather than carrying around items.
Lastly, unless it's a special item created for the Scenario, Archery devices have very little potency compared to Edged devices.
Personally, I use 2 Fighters, 2 Priests and 2 Mages. I have the Spell Casters control the situations for the well equipped Fighters.
me
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #9
6)I always equip Ogre\Giant Gauntlets to my fighters if I can find them,Avoid the glue Gauntlets at all costs!

--------------------
Phobias are afraid of Chuck Norris.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Delaying Tactictian:

2. It's a number between 1 and 3.
I don't care who you are, that's funny! :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Since I signed the post just like every other post, you should know in a general sense who I am.

—Alorael, who is in fact a delaying tactician, or who at least was one at some point in the fairly recent past.
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #12
How often do you change your name,Alorael?

It's unsettling.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
He does it once a day. And this is a question better asked over PM than on the boards proper.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #14
Wow he has WAY to much free time!

^_^

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
Name changes take well under 20 seconds, and that's mostly dependent on my connection speed.

—Alorael, who can't claim to put much thought into most of his names. They're a stream of consciousness thing.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #16
Alorael, I wonder if you happen to have a list of your names? :D

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
1. Yes, he has them all, except for a handful that were lost.

2. No, I don't think he ever posts that list.

3. The answer to the next Alorael-related question is the cheap sticker incident involving the needle/ferrets.

Dikiyoba isn't entirely certain what the next question will be, but the cheap sticker incident explains so much that it will cover it one way or another.
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #18
What does he do for a living? (Must be a short workday!)

!_!

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

1. Yes, he has them all, except for a handful that were lost.

2. No, I don't think he ever posts that list.

The next question after the question that is answerable by answer three of your pst, Diki, is this:

Does anybody else have a copy of those names?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
I'm not anyone now?

—Alorael, who knows several people have partial lists. He doesn't think anyone else is keeping track currently.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
Your current name confuses and confounds me. "As therefore I am," in mixed Spanish and Latin? Google gives me nothing.

[ Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:38: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
"I eat therefore I am." Ergo is about as reasonable in Spanish as in English. It gets bonus points for remaining in a romance language, but Spanish doesn't have the infinite plasticity of English.

—Alorael, who was in fact deliberately misquoting. He's going for a series of butchered literature now.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #23
Ah, of course. I'd never noticed that those two words were the same before.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00