the exile I music

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: the exile I music
Shock Trooper
Member # 1960
Profile #0
Way back when I first played there was an option to play music which doesn't seem to exist anymore. It was something by JS Bach right? I can't remember it has been so long.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Saturday, September 28 2002 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Yes. A fugue, in C minor I believe. I uploaded it
here.

I never saw an option to play the music; perhaps it was never implemented on PC, or Jeff took it out long before I found the games. This file is downloaded off Motrax's Lair in 2001 (not sure if the site still exists, or if it still has the file; I'll check), which incidentally is totally unrelated to Sir Motrax of Exile (afaik).

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #2
I think it was added in Exile I version 2.0– I also have 1.1.3, and it's not in there. Must have been updated with the graphics.

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #3
The music was put in when the new graphics did. I have both the original version and the one with the new graphics and the newer version wa the only one that could play the music file.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Apprentice
Member # 7084
Profile Homepage #4
Can someone tell me how to play this music? I have both versions but I haven't heard of any such thing on the older version...

--------------------
Real boyz kiss boyz
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
This is a fugue in g-moll of Bach. I found it on the interent, played by two REAL organs, no electronic/computer crap. If you want it, I can send it to you by email (you'll have to give me your email adress, though).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by stu_pidd_cow:

Can someone tell me how to play this music? I have both versions but I haven't heard of any such thing on the older version...
It may have only been made for Macs, so unless you have a mac I don't think you can get it.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
It's just a MIDI. You can't get Exile to play it, but you can play it while playing Exile. Or you can play a real recording of Bach's music. Or you can play whatever you want.

—Alorael, who incidentally has a recording of the Little Fugue and who has listened to it as part of his playlist while playing through Avernums.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #8
I once downloaded a version of the Little Fugue played on an organ, and it was like sticking pencils into my eardrums, or maybe listening to a car alarm for about 3 minutes. Either way, I don't really reccommend it.

I actually rather like the version on Exile I, but the bloody thing won't convert into something playable on iTunes, no matter what application you use. I finally just put the computer's microphone really close to the speakers and played the MIDI with some ancient program and recorded that. It sounds like the Little Fugue going through a cheese grater.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #9
I did have a program on my mac quite a while ago that could play the music files that were provided with games such as Realmz and Exile, but I have forgotten the name of it.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
MIDI can be played by Quicktime and therefore by iTunes. I still have a few MIDIs that iTunes will happily play, at any rate, and Exile1.mid is among them.

—Alorael, who will admit to being fond of organ music. It helps that it's really not an instrument ever touched by an amateur unlike, say, the violin.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #11
If you have a PC the Exile I & II music run with WinAmp but not windows media player. That might help someone.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #12
quote:
This is a fugue in g-moll of Bach. I found it on the interent, played by two REAL organs, no electronic/computer crap. If you want it, I can send it to you by email (you'll have to give me your email adress, though).

For some reason I can't E-mail you. Who among you has the answer?

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
Actually, for him to send it to you by email, he'd just need to be able email you, not vice versa. I have Thralni's email, but I don't like publishing other people's addresses when they can do it themselves...

I'm also interested in that Fugue, Thralni (you have my email). :)

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #14
I was planning on just E-mailing him to give him my address. It said he'd be able to see it if I sent him a message.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
I'm not overwhelmed by the quality, but you can get free and legal downloads of the Little Fugue here.

—Alorael, who will now resume looking for music by Litolff and Boeildieu.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #16
Does anyone know the title of the Exile II song and/or who wrote it?

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #17
Email Jeff.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #18
For those who care, I took the original Exile MOD audio files and converted them to MP3 format. The Exile I music can be found here, and the Exile II music can be found here.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
What program did you use for that? I remember that TM was looking to have some MOD music converted to MP3 a while back.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #20
I got the MOD codec as part of the ACE Mega Codecs Pack, and dBpowerAMP works wonderfully for all my audio conversion. As long as you have a DirectShow codec installed for the format, it can convert it.

Of course, I have no idea what someone using a Mac would do. :P

[ Saturday, June 03, 2006 19:11: Message edited by: Tyranicelt ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.