Geneforge 5 - March Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 5 - March Update
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #75
But, after seeing the sufferings of the serviles on Sucia Island, can you really justify supporting the Shaper Council?? Although, after the 4th game, I am inclined to agree. Just a thought. :confused:

--------------------
This is a link to an awesome game: http://s1.battleknight.us/index.php?loc=hire&ref=ODAxOQ==
Apprentice
Member # 15228
Profile #76
I can give the trakovites victory with one word: GUNPOWDER!!! :D :D the only way to combat shaping is with high yeild explosives, firearms & massive armies of highly disciplined unshaped humans fanatically loyal to their cause, equipped with machine guns and rocket launchers. :( of course this cant really happen in geneforge as it would defeat the whole story. It is possible to integrate gunpowder into a medieval setting because the chinese had invented it while Europe was in the dark ages, they even had dragon headed ballistic missiles that shot rocket propelled arrows as they flew!!! (Hooray for the history channel :D )

--------------------
To speak the truth one must first see it through both eyes.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #77
No. . . Then you have creations with guns. Shapers win.
Apprentice
Member # 17225
Profile #78
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Best news will be a less linear world if we get to wander around to deal with the factions.

Who needs a life outside of the game?

I am certainly looking forward to a less linear and repetitive game.A5 is quite linear and repetitive.The story improves much compare to A4,but still is quite linear and repetitive.And the solution of the quests come out nearly every time to be killing.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #79
Maybe gunpowder doesn't even exist in this world. Think of Zelazny's world of Amber, where gunpowder is entirely inert.

(Then the hero discovers by accident that jeweler's rouge — basically superfine rust powder — is extremely flammable. He equips an army with assault rifles and ammo filled with jeweler's rouge, and takes over easily. So maybe firearms are possible after all, just in some weird way.)

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #80
Yet, if wood can combust so gun powder.
Really, there is no reason why.
The trajkovites can only win by mass revolt and by political chess.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #81
I suppose, in a Geneforge scenario, the guns would have to be shaped as living creatures.
Apprentice
Member # 10342
Profile #82
yeah guns would be cool and magic force fields could make them bounce off like penny's so there

I think we should let the Shaper Council get some of the action and make some hidden creations or a creation that has been mixed with other creations like a gazer and a battle alpha that would be great because high intelligence and pretty awesome melee attacks and you know what I really have always wanted is to let creations hold items imagine a rogroth with a thorn baton or worse anyway give it a thought Jeff
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #83
If a rotgroth had a baton, its acid touch would melt it. If a Battle Beta had a puresteel soulblade, however, it would be a beast.

--------------------
This is a link to an awesome game: http://s1.battleknight.us/index.php?loc=hire&ref=ODAxOQ==
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #84
...besides which... I don't believe a rotghroth would understand how to use a baton in the first place.

...besides which... Rotghroths don't need batons! All they need is their powerful, powerful fists.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #85
Give a soul blade to battle alpha knowing that the construction of his race is based on genocide?
This is a bad idea.
If you want to keep control, you better make your creations weaker than you and dependent on some protein so that they don't disobey.
Then you can give him power.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #86
If he went rouge you could absorb him. Besides, battle alphas aren't smart enough to know their race is based on genocide. As long as they're hitting things, or, in this case, stabbing them, its all good.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #87
If he went rouge, it would clash with the purple.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 15228
Profile #88
I think that the shapers should be able to make gazers/drakons, as far as I can tell the only problem they have with these creations are their intelligence & independence. if they had ones that were as dumb as posts, but just as powerful they might be able to win. the Brahzites had them and they were basically just powermad shapers, the rebels bases always end up harder to beat because they have Uber creations, why cant the shapers have them too?

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #89
Batons should use 3 AP and allow two shots a round.

It would make certain classes viable, be a lot of fun, and missile based characters deserve a little extra oomph for being different.

--------------------
Tasty Vlish. They're tragically delicious.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #90
Do vlish get to use a baton in each tentacle since they don't need them for locomotion? Suddenly I had this vision of a vlish firing squad mowing down armies with multiple firing batons.
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #91
roflmao!!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #92
No, the left vlish tentacle is only for gloves and rings.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #93
quote:
Originally written by Master1:

roflmao!!
if you thought it was that funny you should knock yourself out with this:
IMAGE(http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8484/anvilcu0.png)

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Apprentice
Member # 14311
Profile #94
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

Batons should use 3 AP and allow two shots a round.

It would make certain classes viable, be a lot of fun, and missile based characters deserve a little extra oomph for being different.

now THAT is a viable idea... the possibilities are seemingly endless...

note: 4 AP seems more balanced...2 shots but no moving. Theextrafocus of aiming and firing twice makes it more difficult then say, drinking a pod.

now all i want to see in Jeff's games are a way of doing much more damage unarmed. like gloves of unarmed damage or something, so i can make a monk-like character.

--------------------
you will submit to my will...MindDuel!
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #95
This is the march update. It is now may. What happened to april??
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #96
quote:
Originally written by Master1:

This is the march update. It is now may. What happened to april??
It got locked.
Apprentice
Member # 15228
Profile #97
The April one was an April fools joke.

--------------------

Pages