What class in geneforge 4 do you think is the most powerful or most useful?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What class in geneforge 4 do you think is the most powerful or most useful?
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #0
choices:
1.Guardian

2.Lifecrafter

3.Servile

4.Shock Trooper

5.Infiltrator
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
My choices:

1. Lifecrafter / Shocktrooper; because shaping is the most powerful skill. Geneforge is really very easy played as a shaper. Shocktrooper is much the same but with slightly different tactics.

2. Infiltrator; magic is bloody useful, the only thing that holds it back is constantly running out of spell energy. Unless you cheat and give yourself more essence pods...

3. Servile / Warrior; four games later, melee is still rubbish.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Lifecrafter is the easiest with your creations doing all the hard work.

Servile/Infiltrator if you go the battle magic route. Both are about equal in magic and fighting ability.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #3
To all of the posters here, look at Valeta, ask Snergy for the link, i forget what it is.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
The shock trooper fits Dikiyoba's playing style best, so it's definitely Dikiyoba's favorite.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #5
The warrior really fits my playing style. I can create strong creations, I can hit hard in melee or with missiles, and it isn't extremely expensive to get a few basic spell skills, like blessing, for those long or tough fights.

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 18:58: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Hmm... Ornks, gazers and guacamole. What kind of food would you get?
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #6
I love the agent/infiltrator, as it gets more life points than the shaper and it's battle magic skills are really punishing, while mental can disable my enemies in order to kill them one by one, and the use of creations is hardly ever needed. I wish however that they would have cooler graphics, as i always change the looks of my agent/infiltrator with the shaper graphic.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #7
I almost ashamed to say while I have played all 4 geneforges through with a shaper I never once played any of the other arch types

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #8
Me too safey. shapers can wipe out all other factions
Apprentice
Member # 7180
Profile Homepage #9
I'd Have to say that the infiltrator is the best. With a couple of magic shaping plus 14 int, you can make a tank Lvl 40 wingbolt with 600 health thats impossible to hit. Back that up with Mass Energize, Battle Roar, Mental Barrier, Elemental Cloak, Spine Sheild, Augmentation and Essance Armour, and even Poryphra Ruins becomes trivial. You never actually have to use all that, but it's fun to watch a small army die with the wave of your hand

--------------------
Better to reign in Hell then to serve in Heavan.
-Sean Howard
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #10
An infiltrator and his wingbolt cannot match a shaper though. Especially if the shaper had Ur-Drakons. I have level 61 Ur drakons
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #11
I say either the Life-Crafter or Servile. 'Nuff said.

But I say that you either want to be able to cast a ton of spells and have creatures to back it up, or be able to swing your sword like a madman and have magic to augment said sword swings.

--------------------
Man #1- "Now you gotta take this with a grain a' salt."
Man #2- "Okay, who are we taking said item from and why are we assaulting his grain?"

"why would some one in their right mind pee/poop on the geneforge?"- Safey
Apprentice
Member # 11797
Profile #12
Warrior/Guardian. Completly

I alwasy foundit nice to batter rouges wit 1 or 2 Drakons supporting me
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #13
Lifecrafter..let the creations do the dirty work..I'm also pro-Battle Creations..if only the Rothidzons were brought back..@_@

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #14
Exactly. A life crafter in geneforge 4 would demolish any other class in seconds. but i prefer my three ur drakons with enough essence to make support creations. FIRE SHAPING ROCKS.