How big is G4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How big is G4?
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #0
To elaborate a tad bit more- How big is G4 compared to other Geneforge games? As in if I were to buy one which would give me the most play time?

--------------------
Spiderweb Software Games I have- BoA
Spiderweb Software Game I'm currently playing- G3/4 Demos
Current non Spidweb game I'm currently playing- Dragon Quest Monsters

Because you care about this. XD
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
G4 is a great game, though I suggest playing the Geneforge games in order. And G4, I think, is the biggest.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Iffy is begging for a PS3:

G4 is a great game, though I suggest playing the Geneforge games in order. And G4, I think, is the biggest.
Thank you for the info.

But I think I will either get G3 or G4. I think I have gathered much info on what happened in the first 2 from random Geneforge posts on this message boards. :D

(Did I spell message right?)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
The Geneforge games are roughly the same size in number of areas to explore. The first one might be a little smaller. The difference is the number of sides that you can join to see different endings. The first 2 games have the most differences, GF3 has basically 2 endings (shaper or rebel), GF4 has two sides that determine which side you fight on in the final battle and three outcomes for the two sides.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
G4 has five classes to choose from while G3 only has three. It also has a few new creation types and, in Dikiyoba's opinion, a better engine. No island hopping, action points work differently, and unequipped items no longer count towards encumbrance. So between G3 and G4, Dikiyoba thinks you should get G4.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Apprentice
Member # 10435
Profile #5
G4 is a great game, though I prefer G1 and G2.
Mostly because I think that it is more fun when you don't really know what is going on (For some time anyway.), and you just know something is not right, better plot I guess.
More factions to join, I prefer Shapers but it is always much more fun that way.
And you are not forced to be some rebel scum. (Though you are not in G3 either.)

I mostly agree with Dikiyoba, except for the class thing, but that might just be me preferring to play a shaper, or something.

But you should probably choose G4, since we can't convince you to play the others, it is better than G3 (Though I am trying).

But let's try to compare them a bit:
I think that G4 has some more replayability than G3.
I also think that G4 is a bit longer than G3.
Then there is the thing that G4 has an improved action point system and the stuff in your inventory no longer counts towards emcumbrance.

So you should definitely go for G4, as that seems to be what you are asking for.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #6
Thanks for all of your info! :D

--------------------