So many choices, So little time.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: So many choices, So little time.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #0
I have beaten all the Geneforges with Guardians/Warrior and now I don't know which to play with a Agents/Infiltrator. If anyone has any advice as to which one I should play that would be useful.

Ohhh Yeah, All hail Queen Litalia.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
Did you cheat?

And it is your own choice.

[ Saturday, October 06, 2007 07:22: Message edited by: Iffy tied in a battle with Nalyd. ]

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Dikiyoba doesn't pay much attention to the Agent/Infiltrator, so Dikiyoba can't help you much. But if you want the full magic-wielding experience, stay away from the first Geneforge for now. It has far fewer spells and is therefore more difficult to play.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
GF1 is easy for an agent. If you've gotten through the series as a guardian/warrior then the other choices will be no problem once you get used to a different playing style. Shaper/lifecrafter requires thinking about playing a group instead of an individual.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #4
No I dind't cheat as a Guardian. And Please people spare me the lectures I've been playing Jeff's games since 1994. I simply want some help deciding which one to play, I'm thinking G3.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #5
I suggest G4.
Though G3 has a nice atmosphere.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #6
I suggest G2.

--------------------
Fluffy Turtles of the World, Unite!
Apprentice
Member # 10216
Profile #7
Well i suggest geneforge 3, because you can always keep alwan or greta with you the entire game.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #8
G4 is most fun to play with inflintraitor.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRA@ all will go well!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
Eh, they're all good. G1 has fewer spells, but the ones that are there still work well, and you do suddenly become death on steroids when you get Searing Orbs. I'd say just play the game you'd most like to play again, regardless of class. The change from Guardian to Agent is pretty much the same change in all of them.

You might think about raising the difficulty level while you're at it, if you're not already at max. Once you know what you're doing, meaning you know how to retreat while fighting, you know when to cast daze or acid, and you know to keep your Quick Action ahead of the curve so you always act first, Agents are a lot more effective than Guardians.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #10
Playing GF2 as an Agent is something of an exercise in frustration. Sure, at high levels you get cheese like Strong Daze which I've never seen resisted, and Terror which paralyzes any enemy with fear. At low levels, you're really dependent on Speed. Most tough enemies you have to defeat by hitting them with a firebolt and running 4 AP away (out of reach of ranged attacks).

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #11
Yeah, a certain amount of that is inevitable. But by pumping your stats and acquiring Searer as soon as you can, you can kill a fair amount of stuff without having to run. And anyway, retreating with one character as an Agent is less tedious than manoeuvring a pack of creations as a Shaper.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #12
Agent was hardest in G1 imho. I had loads of fun getting pulverized by Betas, Mauled by mines and shocked by Shoali. Oh yes! what fun!

But interestingly enough, the hardest area in G1 is most easily beaten as a Agent, oh well.

--------------------
"I must admit, killing mortals is much easier then killing demons. If you remove a demon's head, all you end up with is something that tries to bite your ankles." -Valen
Noob: lol 1337 lol woot
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #13
Nalyd was incredibly frustrated with G3 because he could never, never, never find out how to give Greta Essence Orbs without script editing. He still hasn't found it.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #14
Doesn't Kyhryk teach this, if you play the dialog right?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Arden grey with horns he was:

Agent was hardest in G1 imho. I had loads of fun getting pulverized by Betas, Mauled by mines and shocked by Shoali. Oh yes! what fun!

My only game through GF1 was an agent in torment. I probably could do a better job now that I know more about playing one. It's just a matter of knowing when and how to fight.