G4 Level Limit

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: G4 Level Limit
Apprentice
Member # 10749
Profile #0
yeah whats wit hthe level limit of 40?? cant even get your mechanic skill high enough with a limit like that unless you put everything you have into it.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
You don't need all that power.
Just don't worry about it. Unless you are pathetic at these games, you shouldn't need to go that high.

Edit -This doesn't belong in this forum, this forum is for help on the game itself (like it is not loading, too slow, etc.).

[ Wednesday, September 26, 2007 15:57: Message edited by: Iffy will bring you warm fuzziness. ]

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by salmercker:

yeah whats wit hthe level limit of 40?? cant even get your mechanic skill high enough with a limit like that unless you put everything you have into it.
Sounds like a n00b! Oh no!

It's okay, just an inside joke. :P

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
There isn't actually a hard limit, it's just that most things stop giving you experience after that point. I managed to get a servile to level 47 once.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 10749
Profile #4
ok one i aint a noob yes in new to this game but i have been playing games lie this since i was a little kid. 29 years so far. so before you go flamming anyone saying noob get your facts straight. yes there is a level limit i have faced everything in the game normally no cheats and couldnt get past level 40. so i tried the cheat codes that didnt work either. without higher level limits it is impossible to open or disarm certain traps.even IF you put everything into mechanics. i know i tried. they need to get rid of the level limit or at least make it to where when you goto untrap something or open a door thats locked that the difficulty aint that bad for a well rounded level 40 char.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #5
Has anyone tried to mindlessly destroy every destroyable town in G4 in hope to get a high level?

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Yes. It's not worth it. If they aren't designed to be wiped out, there aren't many (or even any) experience-giving enemies and no valuable items drop.

Originally by salmercker:

quote:
without higher level limits it is impossible to open or disarm certain traps.even IF you put everything into mechanics. i know i tried. they need to get rid of the level limit or at least make it to where when you goto untrap something or open a door thats locked that the difficulty aint that bad for a well rounded level 40 char.
I've never had any real problems with locks and traps. A base mechanics of about 12 should be able to unlock or disarm everything, since there are several items that raise the mechanics skill. Doors that require many living tools or can't be picked at all probably require a key. You might encounter a shortage of living tools, but buying them from merchants and not using them on doors that have keys will help a lot.

The traps and doors in the fens are insanely difficult, but that's what the servile mechanics are for. Each one that you have with you gives you a +5 boost to your mechanics skill.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Synergy in his tale did almost every town and camp. There is a limit where you get no experience for killing most things in the low 40s level characters. You already see it for a creationless character in the Fens of Aziraph.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by salmercker:

ok one i aint a noob yes in new to this game but i have been playing games lie this since i was a little kid. 29 years so far. so before you go flamming anyone saying noob get your facts straight.
Okay, I meant no offense. How was I supposed to know? :( I had just been reading Dikiyoba's stories, that's all. But now I have the facts straight. :)

Hope that didn't sound too sarcastic. Because it wasn't meant to be that way. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #9
quote:
Yes. It's not worth it.
Umm, have you considered fun?

Also, none of you new people are noobs as far as I know. Also, no more pathetic jokes. It makes people raise eyebrows. That is all.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Originally by Iffy:

quote:
Umm, have you considered fun?
No loot, no experience, no challenge: no fun, as far as Dikiyoba is concerned.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #11
...However there is a certain satisfaction in walking into the Rebel camp and casting mass madness on everything in existance. That'll teach Blaze and co.

But seriously, you don't need all that power. At level 40 you are more or less invincible with the right equipment.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 03:42: Message edited by: There is no Joker here but me. ]
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #12
Destroying towns is only fun when they're really hard, such as Porphyra if you're a rebel. That's what I call an enjoyable challenge. Mass murder of defenseless townspeople, on the other hand, is quite pointless.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #13
Not if you like making complex backstories, and have a good visual imagination.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #14
Now that's just gross. Although on second thought I should have looked who was saying it.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope it goes away.

I make guacamole at work