Character classes (new)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Character classes (new)
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #0
I was thinking of having more classes for the votes.

(if you like all of them then check all the boxes)

[ Tuesday, September 11, 2007 09:50: Message edited by: TJC Shaper ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 1 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=sjWmYhzvWhkb"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=sjWmYhzvWhkb"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #1
i only added 1 new class but you can pick any character type for geneforge 5 (i doubt that jeff will do that)
and u can choose a starting path
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #2
The problem is that the basic rules on a "Strong Magic, average shaping" (Is that the right one?) would give you an insane advantage without some major reduction in other areas.

--------------------
First person to call me a mercenary gets necromatized.
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #3
there was only 5 classes for g4.
it wouldnt be fun without a wizard.
it was voted like shaper 50
wizard 50
(i dont no about it)
its just that some players would like to have soemthing with strogn magic with normal shaping.
wizards in avernum1, 2, 3, 4, BOA cant shape.
they can only summon.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
What about an all average character? Now wouldn't that be odd? :)

Edit:
I didn't like being able to play as a servile.

[ Thursday, September 13, 2007 16:29: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Look out, there's a three-headed monkey behind you!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #5
I would actually beg to differ. It would not be any fun with a wizard. The game would either be to easy for him, or insanely hard for the others. It's all in the name of balance, my friend.

As for an average character, that's also unbalanced. If you don't have restrictions, you could easily make a character like your Wizard, with only a slight disadvantage in comparison.

As for my opinions, the basic three should definitly be kept, maybe the Guardian/Warrior given a little bonus to compete with the Servile. The Shocktrooper, also, should either go or be given a bonus similar to the Guardian/Warrior. Perhaps a good amount of mechanics and leadership? The Servile, the solid muscle machine, the tank. Definitly a keeper, especially since it gives you different text occasionally. Adds to the replayability.

--------------------
I don't need no stinking signature.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
I hope the Shock Trooper stays, actually. Even on torment, I didn't have much trouble with it. And it's fun!

Not that Dikiyoba would complain if it got a bonus or boost. :P

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #7
Actually, what about specialized classes that were very strong in one set of skills (receiving class-related bonuses as well as cheap training) but weak in the other two. For example:

Creation Master - Strong in shaping, weak in combat and magic. New creations start with innate levels of base statistics. Creations cost less essence.

Blademaster - Strong in combat, weak in shaping and magic. Innate boost to hit chances and damage done. Armor more effective and encumbrance penalties reduced.

Magister - Strong in magic, weak in shaping and combat. Spells are cheaper and more effective.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #8
You mean like Red Dragon Desciple and Arcane Archer from NWN?

I agree, prestige classes are good and add diversity to the game.

But they are bloody hard to create correctly.

--------------------
First person to call me a mercenary gets necromatized.
Apprentice
Member # 5650
Profile #9
The Shock Trooper wasn't so bad. Not nearly as powerful or flexible throughout as the Inf or Servile, but by the late game faced most areas as well as the Shaper, and dealt with Titan a lot better than Inf or Shaper. The Warrior could hardly finish Titan. If I remember correctly, I got so frustrated I cheated through him.

[ Sunday, September 23, 2007 03:54: Message edited by: DokEnkephalin ]