A Pol.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A Pol.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Mmm, Godwin Slaw. Half cabbage, half Nazi, all delicious.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #26
I'm just tired of the same people always making relations to Nazis that could just as easily be applied to the side they are on... I haven't been on too much in the last few months, but you still say the exact same thing. ET is gone (I don't know any specifics cuz, as I said, I haven't been on much), but like it or not you two were birthed in the same abyssmal plane.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #27
Speaking of Emperor Tullegolar, wasn't he banned temporarily? Maybe the administrators forgot about him.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Iffy:

Maybe the administrators forgot about him.
That doesn't really happen.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #29
quote:
That doesn't really happen.

It happened to me!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #30
Iffy:
quote:

Maybe the administrators forgot about him.

Let's hope it stays that way.

And Retlew, I make comparisons between the Shapers and the Nazis, because those comparisons are appropriate.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #31
Just as it is appropriate to compare the Nazi's and the Rebellion side. Does "master race" ring a bell?

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #32
It is far less appropriate to the Rebellion than the Shapers. I have yet to see the Rebellion attempt to genocide an entire race of sapient beings.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #33
they are trying to wipe out the shapers and all those loyal to them. I think that qualifies. Heck they are the ones who released the unbound. Knowingly escalating an already bloody war to our equivalent of a nuclear war. The shapers didn't want that. The drakons are just as bad as the shapers and worse then humans on the whole.
lets have a run down what humans can do vs what drakons can do
Humans---------------------------Drakons
can shape------------------------can shape
can fight------------------------can fight
can lead-------------------------can lead
can grow crops-------------------ummm
can sweep floors-----------------ummm
countless other mundane tasks----ummm

quite simply the only reason the drakons haven't killed of the human side of the rebellion despite their almost universal disdain for humans is they still need them. If the drakons were to when the war their treatment of humans would grow worse and worse (sounds familiar) because then they could get away with it. Sounds familiar huh. Also many disgruntle sevirls, drayks, and cryodrayks, have commented that the drakons are simply the new shapers. Every crime the shapers have done has been equaled or outmatched by the drakons.

[ Sunday, August 19, 2007 04:48: Message edited by: Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #34
Safey:
quote:

they are trying to wipe out the shapers and all those loyal to them.

So the Allies and the Allied resistance were guilty of genocide when they attempted to wipe out the Nazis?

The Drakons aren't killing Shapers for merely existing. They are killing Shapers because the Shapers want to genocide their race.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #35
Yes, the Shapers are trying to genocide the Drakons, and the Drayks before them. But that's not a bad thing. The Drakons are, as a whole, arrogant, greedy, violent, etc. It's quite simply their nature. The Drayks, which started the whole thing, were less justified, but the Shapers cannot afford mercy when it comes to Shaping.

You think the Drakons don't want a "quick, clean war" to commit mass genocide? Everyone wants a quick, clean war, except for the overly spiteful or Valhalla-type believers.

As Nalyd recalls, the Drakons struck first, whether or not the Shapers exterminated the Drayks. Quite simply, no, Nalyd would prefer that all humans died, now. But that's a bad analogy.

The average Drakon is generally worse than the average human. The average human is not a Shaper.

Nalyd has to leave now. Evil mother.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #36
Why did this degenerate into yet another thread about the ebul Drakons? Seriously, can't you put it to rest?

--------------------
i dont ned noo steenking signachur.
Apprentice
Member # 8630
Profile #37
[IMO]All anologies are deceitful, that in their nature. Arguing using analogies meaningless.[/IMO]
As to topic: I dare think that reason why Shapers don't even give a try to settle things using diplomacy is this: Rebellion (mostly Drakons) violate too many their ironclad laws. While "being independant creation" CAN be forgiven and accepted ( remember how serviles got to continent in G2?), violation of other laws: "Never shape any of your kind", "Never shape prohibited creatures" and "Only thoroughly psychologically trained and tested beings (Shapers) can shape" - can't be forgiven. The Shapers apply these laws to themselves, without any mercy(and we can clearly observe the reason in every Geneforge game), why should they give an indulgence in rebels case? And the only way I see (and entire Shapers society for decades didn't find out another way!) how you can be sure, that a person, who can shape will be unable to do it anymore is to kill him/her/it. Even Shapers, with their hundreds of years of experience in shaping do horrible mistakes. And I give up imagining what uncontrollable shaping by Drakons and whole Rebellion can evoke, especially with the fact that they don't even bother to seal off failed experimental creations. Eradication each and every rebel is a good deed for all humans in all over a Geneforge World, not only Shapers.
In general, Shapers rule more humane, than Rebels one. While I sympathize Awakened case(and voted accordingly), but their usage of powerful shaping does not leave them a chance of a survival too :(

--------------------
that aint happen
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #38
As from what I have seen, some shapers are arrogant (and racist). They just go "Oh, just kill those drayks, they are too smart". Why can't they let them live? Shapers are smart. Drayks are smart. And they are both different.

They could have just signed some sort of peace treaty sort of thing. Besides, drayks tend to be wise, and wouldn't attack the shapers.

As for the serviles, well they didn't have much choice. However, they could have hired townspeople to do the work.

They could have avoided the entire mess. [stupid]Idiot Shapers[/stupid].

--------------------
I like this image
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Aran was refering to the fact that two polls, the other being the "Favorite Class" poll, have mispelled infiltrator as infintrator
quote:
-Alorael, who would not rely on the intelligence of spiderweb to get things right. Spiderweb's intelligence is grievosly misused on a daily basis. It is to be feared not embraced
quote:
Argh.

-Alorael, who is guilty of a very minor but embarassing crime. pointing it out would be both mean and spam. Serously!
Well i was useing my brothers profile until i could get mine that typo was me bit**s. 2 letters! 2 letters! WHAT GIVES :mad:

--------------------
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks

Pages