Southforge Item Stealing

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Southforge Item Stealing
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
In the Southforge (I'm replaying the demo), there is somebody stealing items, but I can't figure out how to make him confess. Can somebody tell me how?
Apprentice
Member # 1420
Profile #1
Pump up the Leadership.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
More specifically, follow him around a bit and find a storeroom where he spends part of his time. Hide in the corner of the room away from his stash and he'll reveal it to you.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
There are several places in GF4 where you'll need to follow people and find out what they're up to. The trick is to stay far away or out of sight until they stop at their destination. Once they're done moving you can approach and you'll get a message about how you've caught them red-handed (or whatever is appropriate).

—Alorael, who spent a long time working on the quest and then solved it entirely by accident.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
You may have to do the waiting several times because if you are too close then these people will leave. You only need leadership of 5.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #5
Ok, thanks.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #6
Sorry about the double post, but it has been awhile.

Whenever I find him in the corner, and I have tried this many MANY times, it gives me a message saying I must of been close. Any help?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
You have to be close enough to see what he is doing, but far enough to not trigger the message you got. I recommend following just behind him as he walks south, and saving just before he enters the room. Then you can try different positions to see what works.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
I recommend standing around the corner, well out of sight, and only entering the room after he's already by the pile of rubble in the room. He can't see you waiting for him if you aren't.

—Alorael, who in fact just happened to walk into that room at the right time in order to catch him. It's a neat mechanic that Jeff threw in. Does it appear in any earlier Geneforges?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
In G1, there's a guard you can slip by in Ellhrah's Keep to loot the Awakened's treasure, and there's a few places in G2 where you have to wait until people walk out of sight before you can mess with machinery.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #10
I could never get waiting inside the room to work, either. The way I did it was I waited outside the room until he went in. Then I counted to five before following him inside. I didn't realize you had to have leadership for this to work... then again I cheated, so...

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #11
How do you get this quest?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #12
Thanks.

If you ask what you can do for the general or whatever of Southforge, he'll give you the quest.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #13
I didn't have a leadership of five for this quest. I just walked in at the right time.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
Captain Zakary in the south barracks rooms gives the quest. I found the easiest thing to do is just sit in the room where he stashes the loot along its east side so you are far enough away and read a book until the message appears on the screen that you caught him.