GF5 Creation Wishlist

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: GF5 Creation Wishlist
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #25
FWIW, the term "ego items" in Angband comes from the AD&D term, whose meaning is more specific. Ego items were magical items imbued with an ego, that is, an intelligent personality. So a sword +1, +4 vs. undead would be a talking sword, presumably good aligned, obsessed with slaying undead. Angband borrowed the term because Ego items were allowed to have extra and multiple powers, and Ego items in Angband were a step above regular magic items but below artifacts.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7745
Profile #26
More types of creations, not just fire, battle, etc.

Ability to design your own creations a la Spore. (unlikely i know)

Ability to set creations on AI but make them stick to formations, etc.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #27
Just for realism's sake, a solution to loyalist hauling around Drayks/Drakons/etc:

Rebels teach Drayk, Loyalist parallel is Shade (magical, not spiritual)

Loyalists teach Kyshakk, Rebel parallel is mole-like creature (agile)

Rebels teach Rotghroth, Loyalist parallel is a turtle-like creature (thorn damage)

Loyalists teach Wingbolt, Rebel parallel is Shapeshifter (like the Titan did)

Rebels teach Drakon, Loyalist parallel is Golem

Loyalists teach War Trall, Rebel parallel is ape-like being

Rebels teach Gazer, Loyalists teach Parasite Bugs (5 Bugs count as 1 slot, swarming style)

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Aranking:

Rebels teach Gazer

NOOOO!!
Loyalist should get this..what is the Realism if Rebels get Gazers?

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #29
Barzahl made the Gazers. Barzahl was not a loyalist.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #30
I'm not really sure why you think so many creations would have to be divided up. The only creations that Shapers have banned are drayks, drakons, and gazers. (Well, and spawners, intelligent serviles, and shades, but the PC can't make those anyway.)

Dikiyoba.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #31
I like the idea of dividing creations according to your characters alignment. Atm I just tell myself that I am so critical to the shapers strategy or so intimidating that no one questions me.

I also like the idea of being able to steal creations. It would be awesome of this was a possibility in battle. Especially if it cost AP and required high Leadership, MM, and INT to be effective. Maybe to be more restrictive a fail could cost an additional turn as your mental energy is drained in the attempt.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

I'm not really sure why you think so many creations would have to be divided up. The only creations that Shapers have banned are drayks, drakons, and gazers. (Well, and spawners, intelligent serviles, and shades, but the PC can't make those anyway.)

Dikiyoba.

Drayks, Drakons, Gazers= All to intelligent for use, thusly banned.

Everything else= Other then the Rhotghroth, (I can't 100% remember) I think they were created independently, and the other side doesn't have access to the knowledge.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #33
Originally by Goldenking:

quote:
Everything else= Other then the Rhotghroth, (I can't 100% remember) I think they were created independently, and the other side doesn't have access to the knowledge.
The Shapers definitely know how to make rots (you would think they'd be banned for being too digusting, but apparently not) and the rebels are already learning how to make the Shaper's three new creations; Litalia intends to create wingbolts and kyshakks to defend the Freehold and I think Greta makes a wingbolt when testing the Unbound.

Dikiyoba.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #34
quote:
If only we also had some way to capture them. Some sort of ball-thing specifically for capturing. *cough*

Pokecreations.

Anyway, Greta can make a wingbolt during the final battle.

Also, turrets would unbalence power. Spawners even more.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #35
Fine, fine. You would think it would be harder to steal the enemy's creation designs, but whatever. That still leaves Gazers, Drayks, and Drakons though.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #36
how about the abilty to do more variants. Like a healing vilsh, a sting clawbug, or guardian roamer. However to make variant not only would you need the 3 levels for that creations but you need to find the knowledge to do so canister/book. Also have it were you can grow some creations in a vat, have it take a while (some type of trigger or timmer). The advantage is that vat grow creations cost less essence. You wouldn't need a base you just need a freindly shaper/rebel lab that grants you the permission to grow creations in that vats. You could also make it were only certian vats can grow certain creations.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #37
Fusing creations..mix an Artila and a Fyora..you get an Acid-spitting lizard..of course, you can't fuse Fourth-Level Creations..that's just not right..right?

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #38
quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:

Fusing creations..mix an Artila and a Fyora..you get an Acid-spitting lizard..of course, you can't fuse Fourth-Level Creations..that's just not right..right?
Fusing creations would require a lot of work from Jeff. What happens when a charged creation and a non-charged creations fuse? The number of permutations are far too large.

The only way this could possibly be feasible is if Jeff cut out level 2 creations, (cryoa, charged vlish, Ur-Drakon, etc.) and only let fusing inside tiers (fyora-artilla, not fyora-vlish). In other words, it would look wrong and be implausible to introduce.

--------------------

Pages