When you die...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: When you die...
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #0
When you die in the game...What do you think happens after?
Do you think you are eaten,maybe?
Or probably left there to rot?
And what do you think would happen if you died in GF4,who do you think would have won?
You are the only person who makes a difference in the game...

I would imagine I would be eaten if I were killed by the Rotghroth pack in Northforge warrens. :eek:

--------------------
R.R
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #1
Depending if you died while being attacked by a human, creation, or servile. I'd say the shapers and the rebel would keep fighting if you die. But if you die the shapers would win. a creation would eat you, a servile let you rot, a human uhhh rot or bury you.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
My corpse would explode due to all the essense I'm charged with due to canister use. There's a picture somewhere...

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #3
Could you become a ghost? Is their an afterlife in GF4?

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Well, there are ghosts in the Geneforge series, so presumably the answer is yes.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
As well as demons and demon realms.

[ Friday, April 20, 2007 07:24: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #6
There are demons and demon realms?
What are their names?

--------------------
R.R
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #7
The names and natures are unknown. But there were demons in G2, and they are referred to as being Barred throughout the series.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #8
barred?

--------------------
R.R
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Questionmarks.:

barred?
Just like going to Sucia Isle was barred...

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #10
You mean like how the isle was barred because of experiments gone wrong,and rogue creations and stuff?

--------------------
R.R
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Exactly. Demons and shades are so powerful that it would cause a disaster if they escaped. So they aren't allowed to be summoned.

Dikiyoba does not believe demons are ever named in Geneforge. They may have names, but they do not share them.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #12
These "shades" come from crystals or from shaper's spirits or whatever,right?
And i'm guessing the demons take a "ghost-like" form also?
If they do then i think they may be the spirits of shapers that may have been corrupted by a demonic sort of thing,or possesed by a demonic thingy. :confused:

--------------------
R.R
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #13
Shades are mostly found in caves and tunnels but usually they dont attack unless you fight them or disturb something. :)
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #14
Some shades also have enough intelligence to tell you something too.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #15
Josdhhht, please don't double post. Edit your posts instead.

Dikiyoba's impression of shades is that some of the weaker ones are creations (like the thahd shades in G1, or the ones spontaneously created in crystal mines) but that the more powerful ones are the spirits of the dead kept around due to some sort of magic or because they don't want to pass into the afterlife for some reason.
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #16
Ok. :)
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #17
And don't post if you don't have something useful to say.

(Back to the topic)

Your head is presented on a stick as an instructive example to soldiers "Whatever you do, don't do this."

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #18
What happens when I die is I swear a lot... Oh, you meant IC. Well I think my character's body rapidly decays and what's left is eaten by crawlers. And all my kit is probably looted by servile bandits. Meanwhile, Without the PC's help, the Shapers will win the war.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #19
Or not win as well, that is if you join the shapers.
Also, it depends. If I was in a forest, the flames on me would go out of control and cause a fire.

And then (for anywhere), my body would explode.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #20
For me I think it depends. Wouldn't it for everyone? For example, if you have creations ( for those whose body does not just explode) they would eat or at least do something with your lifeless dead corpse. For that matter would any intelligent creature ( like drakon, gazer, drayk) suddenly be free? By that I mean they become independent in the sense those who are a part of the rebellion are. (This is all assuming our creations don't immediately fade away due to our death and don't go the way of the rouges in Shaper Monarch's den.)
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #21
I always imagined that my creations would die if I die. Through my essence they are closely intertwined with me that it just doesn't seem right for my cute little fyoras to devour my corpse as soon as I fall down.

The coolest thing about shades is that even though they can be so powerful, they don't spend their time dwelling on how awesome they are. They are not like the conceited and egomaniacal drakons who can't stop bragging about their power and trying to take over the world. The shades are content with their little crystal caverns or whatever.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #22
It's actually like Groundhog Day. As soon as you die, you reawaken at the last point you pressed F3.

On a side note, there should be a Load Game button on the death dialog. This is an easy implementation. More importantly, F4 should load the Quicksave file from that screen as well. It would save swing-and-miss players like me hours.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #23
Maybe this feature was removed from the games to discourage swing-and-miss tactics...

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #24
Gah, what would really save me time is if QuickLoad wasn't right next to QuickSave. The number of times I must have had to play the same fight twice because I hit load instead of save...

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4

Pages