Favourite quotes from GF4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Favourite quotes from GF4?
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
Someone should really add some quotes from GF4 on Wikiquote.

My favourite would have to be the following:

Akhari Blaze holds his arms wide and extends his claws. "The Shapers dare to declare that the Drakons can't exist? That are lives themselves are a crime? Now we will show them the true measure of their foolishness!"

I think that really quite neatly sums out the 'kill or be killed' mentality of the Drakons.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #1
Of course you will get a flood of people saying the following:

"I intend to find out who has the most treasure, kill them, take it, and repeat the process."

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, Retlaw May's quote was undoubtedly the best quote from G4.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Not really a quote, but I liked the scene description:

When you find this Shaper, he is adjusting a piece of equipment, using a living tool to carefully bend a piece of piping in place. The tentacles of the tool shape the metal, while the creature squeaks in annoyance. The job done, he sets aside the tool (which tries to drag itself away).
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Also, Jeff seems to have a thing for characters introducing themselves to you whilst on fire.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #5
Litalia - "The Trakovites may be right. They may be wise, and virtuous, and ahead of their time. But history teaches us that those blessed with that sort of madness tend to end up dead. Proven right, but dead."

or

The twisted battle beta stumbles backwards. "Is this ... the end ... for Krazo?" Apparently it is. He falls backwards and dies.

I don't know why the last one is so funny to me. I am often entertained by the death throws of the characters in this game.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Also, Jeff seems to have a thing for characters introducing themselves to you whilst on fire.
It always reminds me of that picture of the PC in flames, from the Barzite ending in GF2. There seems to be some deep connection between shapers and inflammability.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #7
I like the whole fight with Moseh,he is completely crazy,and he talks...once you shut off his machine,heact even crazier...I think he said something like "you may have shut off my power system..oh well,but now i will fight you like a shaper" and i can't remember anything other than that...but I can visualize his actions in my mind...and him killing the servile,and him hitting you with searing magic...draining your skills...he's crazy...such quotes as "it will take a while to burn it all away" he remindes me of this little demon-looking creature from lord of the rings...anyone know who i am talkin about?

--------------------
R.R
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #8
Smeagol?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #9
yes,that guy! i knew it started with an "S" but i couldn't get the name!
Yes,Moseh acts just liek him when the fight begins,and how he kills the servile.

--------------------
R.R
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #10
It all makes sense now... Serviles aren't altered humans, they are altered, enslaved hobbits!

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
A good theory, but there's one minor problem: Serviles frequently wear sandals.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
What the?

I thought Rebellion was just another Geneforge travesty. From the quotes, I see I really need to play this! This sounds almost like one of those Xian Skull threads. Are these quotes real?!

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
Pretty much. The quote about in it for the money is from Kyrkyk and one of the lifecrafters you meet is on fire. Jeff has some great quotes and descriptions in the game.

Be sure to cycle through all the quotes by Shaper Grim in Poryphra Ruins. He has some nasty digs at serviles.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #14
Aran, Geneforge 4 is not at all a Geneforge travesty. It's nothing like GF2 and GF3, it's a good game.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Pretty much. The quote about in it for the money is from Kyrkyk and one of the lifecrafters you meet is on fire.
So is Agent Miranda when you first meet her in Burwood Province.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8518
Profile #16
[ Monday, April 16, 2007 16:49: Message edited by: NeferiusX ]

--------------------
General Irow has issued an evacuation order of Selyn Pine in effect immediately although Neferius was reluctant to leave The Commander reassured his hope in the Defending Draglotyzon Forces at Sypan Cannel and they pressed on...
Apprentice
Member # 8518
Profile #17
I've gotta say i really agree with Randomizer i love that part it really gives you a sense for how the creations feel esspecialy the low ranked ones like the living tool... hey its alive, i think it should get an opinion to, am i right??

[ Monday, April 16, 2007 16:48: Message edited by: NeferiusX ]

--------------------
General Irow has issued an evacuation order of Selyn Pine in effect immediately although Neferius was reluctant to leave The Commander reassured his hope in the Defending Draglotyzon Forces at Sypan Cannel and they pressed on...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #18
I've found it slightly ironic that you can tell Dassa the minekeeper that "You are right. I should try to protect the lives of even my simplest creations." given that she works with mines and living tools all the time. Living tools usually die after one use and I can't imagine mines living after detonating.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Typo.

[ Tuesday, April 17, 2007 16:23: Message edited by: DikiPDN ]
Apprentice
Member # 8518
Profile #19
Finally some one see's my point!!! thank you

[ Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:45: Message edited by: NeferiusX ]

--------------------