Having a Shaping Warren or Rebel Safehouse

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Having a Shaping Warren or Rebel Safehouse
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #0
Hey I was just thinking that it would be realy cool to have a sort of house. You don't buy it you earn it. You know with a quest. There would be a few npc's already inside that give quests. You could then hire aditional help. This would include an entire new shaping system for household uses. :) You could select adventure shaping which can be used anywhere, or Base shaping which can only be used in your base. Adventure shaping would have all the norm, while base shaping would have different things.

I imagine base shaping as having Turrets, Spawner(rebel only and require a special pit to be bought and built), Household Serviles (they build, cook food that you can get, provide mild fighting ability, and they need a servile tender or they will go rogue), Thahds to Battle Beta's (essence loss is not perment, more Creation tenders allow more to be made, ult max as 22 for whole base, cannot leave base), Pylons (special shell must be built first, must have enough serviles to keep it in health), Servent Mind (tray must be built, must have enough serviles to keep in health, max of 4) Healing pits and Essence pits (pit must be dug out, must have serviles to maintain), last of all Orks (must have so cooks can make food). Those are my Base creations.

No time is spent making shells or pits or anything. You press a button and select where you want to build it, you lose some money and presto its there. All walls and everything will be already there.

Last of all the hired help. In the town outside the base would be a captain that hires guys to help you. Serviles you can make yourself but normal human guards, servile tenders, creation tenders and growers (they grow batons and living tools for sale, gives you small amount of income) must be hired. Also for rebels there is option of hiring intelegent servile guards. Shapers get a larger group of people already in the base.

The quests would include clearing out infested parts of the base and defending it agains attacks from the other side. You don't control base creations directly.

Well what do you guys think? ;)

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 14:34: Message edited by: Kernio the Magnificent ]

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #1
like a Sims2 Genoforge addition

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #2
lol Maby...but seriously does it sound cool or not? I think it would be awsome to have a customized base.

Please post any ideas for other things you could add to base. Maby it could be added to Geneforge 5!!! So come on and bring your ideas!

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 15:27: Message edited by: Kernio the Magnificent ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #3
It could be but I don't think jeff would implemet it. He is the kind of person who keeps Murhpy in mind (murhpy's law). Be neat if people would try to break in/lay siege/attack.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #4
What :confused: I don't understand.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Lord Safey is referencing Murphy's Law (basically, if something can go wrong, it will) to explain why this won't be implemented in G5. Jeff likes to stick with what is easy to do and what he knows sells well. This suggestion would take far too much work for too little pay off.

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 8292
Profile #6
It is a great idea, but I would enjoy it more if you only had to earn the RIGHT to build it instead of having a premade one, bacause what would you do if you didn't like the layout of the base/safehouse/Shaping Warren?

--------------------
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest person you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for, because you can never tell when they're going to do something...stupid."
-Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Apprentice
Member # 3612
Profile #7
I like the idea and have thought about it in the past. This idea would work best as its own simulation game (just like the Sims). I remember the mansion from Avernum 3 and it had a novelty value.

However, I would rather not be bothered with it when I'm solving the last plot point. Or, have it lost in an earlier area. This may work in its own game but not in Geneforge 5.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #8
Couldn't you buy a house in A3? This doesn't seem much different, so I really don't buy the "going outside what's been done in the past" excuse.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #9
Well, in this one, you might have indirectly controlled guard creations, periodic attacks, actual defense measures, etc.

It won't happen. Wait for Blades of Geneforge: an RTS. And, no, that won't happen either.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #10
A thing like that sound like Shaper tycoon or something, maybe the fans could make a game like that, but not jeff.
I admit that the idea of breeding defensive creations is quite nice and could be implemented in other games, but it would be hardly useful...
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #11
I'd love to buy a house in any GF game.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #12
Well this realy wouldn't do in Sims. The point is that this would be like maby an expansion to a game. Such as after the ending of a Geneforge when your a general. It would be in a warzone with a town around the base. You can get quests in the base and outside and at some point in the plot the opisite side would attack the base and you have to defend it. I think it would be cool to have a commander type setting. Maby with people from base defence who you could inlist into your normal group and control. As to matters of layout. For me having any costimised base would be great but I suppose a selection could be implimanted. Say 5 choice pick one and get the layout. Maby this could be its own game, but just building a base wouldn't hit it for me. I'd still like a Geneforge plot. Maby Jeff could get a fan to volinteer to do this? Or hire I suppose.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #13
Maybe if we all put together a lump of cash he would agree to do it?
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #14
I like that,maybe with your own safehouse you can make those nice experimental creations,and have rogue creations in your baccyard. :)

--------------------
R.R
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #15
Maybe one day when Spiderweb will be bought by Microsoft Jeff will make a Geneforge RTS.
Until then we can still wait for BoG...
Apprentice
Member # 7023
Profile Homepage #16
If Geneforge(in general) was an mmorpg thatd be pretty insane. Id probly love the hell out of it more than I already do and fork over a good sized chunk of my paychecks lol. Even this simple idea of customizing a lair is enough to snag me and make me wanna buy the game. I personally love to defend as much as i enjoy going out and killing things. I kinda expect alot out of Geneforge 5...for some reason I get the feeling the title will be something funny like "Geneforge 5: The End" lol...i'd probly fall to the floor and cry until my tears turn to blood if the Geneforge series stopped at 5. I hope that they step some boundries and go all the way with the Geneforge series and give it there all to make us more of these great games :D

--------------------
~Rob Savage~
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #17
I LUV YUR IDEA
and there may be enough fans to create the "tycoon" version of geneforge, but the SIZE of the base would also matter... wouldn't it be cool if u make a creating u cant control, like the golem in the darkstone mines? eh? maybe you new warped creations could be used by the rebellion or shapers in the war? wingbolts are new...
in g5 i hope it includes ALL OF TERRESTRIA, AND SHAPER LANDS...(including ashen isles/sucia island/ the g2 mountains, and terrestira continent...)
the shaper council hold many secrets, what are those secrets that only the COUNCIL THEMSELVES know? what if a ghost of the past rises up?

--------------------
previous display name was TAKE ALL
SHAPER I am ALWAYS with you i know all that u do i know all of your secrets including how to shape
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #18
You are incomprehensible. Leave or learn.

This won't happen. We would all like it to, but it won't. Shut up and let it die.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.