What happens when I gain a level?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What happens when I gain a level?
Apprentice
Member # 3612
Profile #0
What happens when I gain a level? Do I only get skill points? Are my stats like health multiplied by level or is it based on the number skill points I have invested in the target area? Is there anything else?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
When you gain a level, your Health, Energy, and Essence maximums all increase. The more points you have in the target areas, the greater the effect.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
You also gain skill points that can be trained to improve different skills and abilities.

The down side is that now you are more powerful, so you get less experience for fighting monsters and disarming traps. Eventually you get nothing for most of your actions. At least you no longer see the GF1 message about getting nothing.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Health, energy, and essence are calculated with formulas that include class, stats (Endurance for health, Intelligence for the other two) and level. The more of the stat you have, the bigger the change per level is.

—Alorael, who likes the fact that it makes no difference whether you raise Intelligence to 10 and then gain five levels or whether you gain the levels first and then raise Intelligence. You still end up with the same character.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3612
Profile #4
So, I'm not running around as "level 1" if I hoard skill points? Does this also apply to previous GeneForge games?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, you can get away with hording skill points and yes, it works the same way in previous games.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
No, you can't delay gaining levels. There's no way to keep milking low-level creations for experience even among all the G1 spawners.

—Alorael, who is sure that would have been abused to death and removed during beta.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #7
Health, energy, and essence are determined by multiplying your endurance or intelligence by your level and by a factor that is based on your class (I think usually between 0.5 and 2), plus a small additional amount so they aren't near zero at very low levels.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s