deathcap mushrooms quest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: deathcap mushrooms quest
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #0
After I reached the Therile Colony and found where the mushrooms are that the guy in Southforge Citadel gives the quest for, I went back, and found the quest giver wasn't there anymore, and the quest was gone from my quest log. Did I have to do that before I did something else, is it because I took too many days, or some other reason? And what reward did I miss for not getting that quest done.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You have to finish that quest before you lead the caravan through the Cairn Gates (they did tell you the citadel was being evacuated, after all). You missed out on a little experience and some pods and spores. Nothing major.

[ Tuesday, February 13, 2007 16:17: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #2
Well I hadn't led the caravan through the gates yet (actually, the caravan was at the gates map at the time.)

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
I guess this means the Citadel gets evacuated as soon as you start the caravan quest, probably the moment you guide them across first map. You didn't miss much anyway. (The reward is nice, but not worth reloading from a much earlier save.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
You mostly lost experience. As soon as you leave the Citadel to do the Caravan quest you can't collect the reward for the Deathcap Mushroom Quest.

Jeff fixed the complaint about quests remaining that can't be fulfilled. This eliminates conflicting quests like help/betray caravan.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
That's right. Once Greta has given you the caravan quest and you leave Northforge Citadel, everyone has left by the next time you enter the Citadel. The deal with Master Threll and the Deathcap Mushrooms quests need to be done and rewarded before you report back to Greta about finishing the Shaila quest.

There's no obvious way to know this ahead of time.

-S-

EDIT: This post bats one for three.

[ Wednesday, February 14, 2007 13:48: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Southforge, actually. Northforge is a bit different.

—Alorael, who remembers fewer caravans and mushroom quests, for one thing. Or two, if you're being picky, which he clearly is.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
You can finish the Master Threll quest after the evacuation, since that servile doesn't evacuate.

Dikiyoba.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #8
Do you have to side with the Shapers in order to find out about the mushrooms? I couldn't get dude to spill the beans when I was playing a hard-core rebel character...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #9
No. Just ask him about the Deathcap Mushrooms, and then go to the northeast corner of the zone and wait for him to show up. He should reveal the location of the Deathcap mushrooms, assuming he doesn't see you watching him. Be careful, as if he finds you watching him right after he reveals the location of the Deathcap mushrooms, he will attack you.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #10
Ah - so that's why he was occasionally darting out of the house. Thanks! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #11
Yeah, it works pretty much the same way with spotting that England guy who steals (do that quest before you kill that madden lifecrafter, as when you do that, he is killed in a shaper attack). And as someone said, the guy who gives you the Master Threll quest doesn't leave, so you can still do that one if the caravan started.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #12
Blargh. I can see my recall is becoming less reliable now that I haven't been playing for many weeks. The dumb mistakes are consistent though.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt