Windows GF 4 Testers Needed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Windows GF 4 Testers Needed
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
Apply here if interested.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #1
I would love to beta test windows G4, but I absolutely never give out my real phone number or address. Add the fact that I have a lack of technical experience, I would not do that well. But I would still love to beta test G4...

I just have 3 questions to ask:

1. Will Spiderweb Software ever contact me via phone?

2. Will Spiderweb Software ever use the provided address in any way?

3. Is it possible to fill in the form and leave out some areas? (Phone and address.)

And yes, I know, I am absolutely paranoid.

[ Sunday, December 24, 2006 12:44: Message edited by: Good Canisters ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You don't need technical knowledge to beta test. You just need to be able to play, comment, and find the horrible bugs that make your computer catch on fire.

Jeff does not give out your information and does not, as far as I know, ever really use it for anything. He might not care at all if you leave some blanks, but there's really no reason to. Spiderweb is trustworthy.

—Alorael, who thinks the result might be Jeff ignoring your application because other people have filled theirs out more thoroughly. It can't hurt, though!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #3
Ah, thank you very much, Alorael. It couldn't hurt.
Warrior
Member # 57
Profile #4
Have just applyed for it and fingers crossed :)
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
Just applied. Second time's a charm!

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Apprentice
Member # 6542
Profile #6
I don't have the time to test properly so I won't apply. Better to leave the slot open for someone that will really run the game through it's paces. But I'm glad to see progress and am looking forward to the release!

Good luck testers! :D
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #7
Just so you know, the thing we're most looking for is access to a machine with Vista. Having a machine with a pre-Windows XP OS on it is another good thing.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #8
I take it that means he got the rest of his beta testers picked

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
I think Jeff is making a request to see if there are any people out there that haven't applied that have what he wants as the two ends of Windows operating systems. He still wants to test different versions of Windows XP and different hardware configurations so you might have something that interests him.

After all the first revision to the final version of Mac GF4 was for an operating system that wasn't among the beta testers.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #10
Man, everything I have is so generic. There's no way I'll be picked. :(
I do have a Win 98 PC lying around, but it in no condition to be playing games.
But beta testing means that the games is one step closer to completion! :D

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Apprentice
Member # 5712
Profile #11
Jeff, for your information Microsoft said that windows Vista Will not be available for sale until Jan 30 2007. That means that if you are wanting to wait for a tester with vista on their system you will have to wait until at least the beginning of Feb! Hope this helps.
P.S. I applied, and I currently have LOTS of Spare Time, So I could Beta Test pretty much Full Time.

Hope everything goes well.
Sincerely, Jeff DeBoard
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by jeffdeboard:

Jeff, for your information Microsoft said that windows Vista Will not be available for sale until Jan 30 2007. That means that if you are wanting to wait for a tester with vista on their system you will have to wait until at least the beginning of Feb! Hope this helps.

There may be people with CTP/Public beta releases still floating around. Also, the RTM version was released to companies last month.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Apropos of nothing, really, it occurs to me that Jeff probably cares a lot more the technical details of the computers his Windows testers use than the details of his Mac beta testers. The latter get some leeway because a lot of the important work is just making the game playable and balanced. That's presumably done for the Windows testing, which is really just making sure the port is functional.

—Alorael, who still hopes for balance comments that lead to a better game. In other words, nerf the servile! Power to the shock troopers! Fyoras for the masses!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #14
Well if it blows up your old sluggy computer yes people would be interested.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #15
Vista? My friend bought a new computer in November, and Vista was already installed. :confused:
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #16
quote:
—Alorael, who still hopes for balance comments that lead to a better game. In other words, nerf the servile! Power to the shock troopers! Fyoras for the masses!

No chance of reducing the servile. I asked Jeff and he had a complaint that it wasn't powerful enough against Monarch from someone that he relies upon. Shock troopers are a bit weak because of the magic spells, but they are playable if you don't want as big an army as a lifecrafter.
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #17
Sister had an old PC with windows 98, but she sold it for 10$. Have to check around to see if we have any older machines. Allready signed up under a windows xp system though.