Trainer skill listing

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Trainer skill listing
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Xeno's Paragua:

It's interesting how many skills are for sale in Almaria for prices much higher than are available in places that you reach sooner. Who would buy anything there?

—Alorael, who also can't imagine getting to Almaria without putting enough points into Tool Use that you can't buy even that in Almaria.

I buy Quick Action there because it is the first place you can buy it. You can not buy it from Captain Call until much later. By which time it should really be moot - your characters are already going to be buff enough to deal with anything left in the game.

If you think about the time value of money, it is really much cheaper to get it in Almaria than to wait until after you have dealt with the shade in Silvar (which I never did anyway in my first game). I'd much rather have two points of Quick Action for all points between Almaria and getting rid of the shade than a measly 600 gold.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Paneudaimonium:

—Alorael, who can only think of two rewards like that. One is First Aid from somewhere and the other is Nature Lore from Fort Dranlon for exploring west of the river.
The First Aid boost is from Fort Dranlon too. You get it for finding Terella Venia.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #27
Very annoyingly, the Nature Lore boost does *NOT* function like that -- it gives the boost as if you had actually bought the level of Nature Lore, so the cost for future levels is increased.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #28
The priest in Dharmon seems to have been overlooked. For a paltry 7/8k gold (my memory is a bit hazy on the exact amount), he'll raise the END of each party member by 1. While not strictly a trainer in the sense that you don't go to the purchase skills screen, it's still a straight cash for skills arrangement.

Also, the Avernum spy in the hidden celler in the giant territory will raise each party member's Gymnastics by one as a reward for killing the giant chief.

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Wotan:

The priest in Dharmon seems to have been overlooked. For a paltry 7/8k gold (my memory is a bit hazy on the exact amount), he'll raise the END of each party member by 1.
It's only 5000, actually. Much better value for money than any of the spells he sells, that's for sure.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6096
Profile Homepage #30
If you kill Nikka the graverobber in Great Cave, you also get 1 Luck per party member.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
It's luck? Either it was Endurance in early beta, there's another Endurance reward, or my memory has failed.

—Alorael, who would not be surprised at all by the last of the choices. His memory has been failing him regularly lately, although he can't quite recall how or when.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #32
Trying looking up a few posts to refresh your memory. Of course, there could be another bonus to endurance somewhere else.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
Of course I remember that one. I could've sworn that there was another to go with it.

—Alorael, who looked back at his save file and definitely sees the results of getting two points of Endurance without training. If he's insane his copy of A4 is insane with him.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #34
Clearly, Alorael's memory isn't failing Alorael that badly. Huh? What was Dikiyoba talking about?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Olo:

It's luck? Either it was Endurance in early beta, there's another Endurance reward, or my memory has failed.

—Alorael, who would not be surprised at all by the last of the choices. His memory has been failing him regularly lately, although he can't quite recall how or when.

Eundurance is given by the priest in Almaria for showing him the real Demonslayer.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

Pages