Quick Avernum 5 Update, March '07

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Quick Avernum 5 Update, March '07
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #75
What a horrible poster. Rentar isn't coming back. Jeff said as much, or at least intended to. And Erika, sadly, isn't coming back either.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #76
What he said is that Rentar is still dead. He didn't comment on the suggestion that she might still appear as an undead beastie (and with Garzahd there is a precedent). That's not saying it's going to happen, but it's not impossible.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #77
Garzahd's brief reappearance was effective in its creepiness. Once was enough, though, and I really think Jeff knows that.

—Alorael, who wouldn't be too disappointed to suddenly find a bunch of young vahnatai named Rentar. Hero worship can be a good thing.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #78
Yes, that's why Nalyd said that he intended to. Somebody took it too literally.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #79
Dylan X, you really need to stop telling other people they're bad posters. Your judgment is way off, and you've already been warned about it.

I know my patience with you is exhausted, and around these parts, I'm one of the patient ones. You need to stop.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by 227 Chitrachballons:

I know my patience with you is exhausted, and around these parts, I'm one of the patient ones. You need to stop.
I'm pretty patient...but noone knows who I am. :( :confused: :o :mad:

:cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #81
quote:
Originally written by Arch-Mage Solberg:

I'm pretty patient...but noone knows who I am. :( :confused: :o :mad:

:cool:

You're a graemlin abuser who thinks he's Solberg. :P

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #82
phew. that was my first post in this forum for a long time, and ive already drawn the attention of the i-am-the-best-poster-brigade. i really dont want to get into flaming, so just read my post again - more carefully this time. im sure that would make you rethink your reply.

however. ill keep out of the solberg-discussion, since i havent made up my own mind about that yet. but there is one thing that i would like to have in a5:

structured quest lists.

for example, there could be a section for unending quests ("xxx will pay you for any zzz you bring him"), or for major and minor quests... you know? or show them on a kind of 'quest map'. or what about 'progress indicators'. and stuff. nothing too fancy, just whats useful.
you get the idea.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

iv. The plot is very elaborate and cool. I tried for a similar level of intricacy as Geneforge 4: Rebellion.
Does this mean there will be more than one possible ending, Geneforge style? Or does it just mean more scripted characters and events? Either way is great, but an 'evil' ending for an Avernum series game would be really cool.

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #84
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Either way is great, but an 'evil' ending for an Avernum series game would be really cool.
I'd have expected you to think that the ending of Exile I was an "evil" ending. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

You're a graemlin abuser who thinks he's Solberg. :P
What do you mean THINKS he's Solberg? ;)

I know, I'm just playing the character, but you must admit...I'm doing a heck of a job! :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #86
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I'd have expected you to think that the ending of Exile I was an "evil" ending. :P
Well, I did put evil in quotes. Interpret that as you wish.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #87
ET is just mad because King Micah went back on his promise to make him heir after taking out Grah-Hoth.

Pages