What's your favorite party?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What's your favorite party?
Apprentice
Member # 7160
Profile #0
I am about half way through A4 for my first time with a pretty standard 4 character party (2 slith pollarm users, a human mage and a human priest, and my mage is also a (low skilled) archer and (high skilled) lockpicker, and am thinking of starting a second party. I am looking for advice from other A4 fans.

Any ideas for another party? I am looking for interesting combinations, especially with archers. Any recomendations? Note I am not planning on trying to solo this game; I save and restart enough as it is. :-)

[ Friday, June 16, 2006 09:58: Message edited by: Xenodave ]
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #1
My party:

Human Soldier
Slith Beserker
Nephil Archer
Human Sorcerer, w/ low level Priest skills

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Apprentice
Member # 7228
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Xenodave:

I am about half way through A4 for my first time with a pretty standard 4 character party (2 slith pollarm users, a human mage and a human priest, and my mage is also a (low skilled) archer and (high skilled) lockpicker, and am thinking of starting a second party. I am looking for advice from other A4 fans.

Any ideas for another party? I am looking for interesting combinations, especially with archers. Any recomendations? Note I am not planning on trying to solo this game; I save and restart enough as it is. :-)

Myself, I tend to use four custom characters.
A human sword fighter with Natural Mage and enough mage and priest skill to cast War Blessing and Haste is my primary tank.
A human priest with enough priest skill to cast Smite, enough mage skill to cast Slow, low skill with polearms, and Natural Mage to wear good armor is my main healer/secondary tank.
A human wizard with enough mage skill to cast Icy Rain and enough priest skill to cast Protection, along with Natural Mage again just for the bonuses is my main wizard/second healer.
I round this out with a nephil archer with high tool use, Sharpshooter, and Nimble Fingers to get past any traps or locks.

Then I just increase their stats based on what I use them for or find lacking. It's not The Best Party, but it suits me just fine, and I usually take 2 positive traits, so Slith characters tend to be cost-prohibitive to me.

--------------------
We all have our crushes. We all have our unrequited loves. They don't make you special. They only make you more ordinary.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #3
I have a four human group. They are all custom. :cool:
Jerry- Lvl 14 Fighter
Jessica- Lvl 17 Archer/Lockpicker/Trap disarmer
Nick- Lvl 13 Mage
Carol- Lvl 11 Priest/Alchemist

Nick and Carol also have some small skill in weapons. :cool:

[ Friday, June 16, 2006 14:21: Message edited by: Arch-Mage Solberg ]

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
For A4, my favorite party was this:

Human priest/sword-wielding-warrior
Slith mage/spear-wielding-berserker
Nephil mage/archer/rogue
Human priest

All of these characters had the emphasis on the magic part (i.e.: my warrior could cast RETRIBUTION!!!), and it worked beautifully. Sadly, this was my second time through the game, and I couldn't maintain my interest past Fort Remote.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
For A4 I used a custom party:

Nephil divine touch elite warrior - used as an archer
Slith divine touch elite warrior - pole weapon primarily
Human divine touch natural mage - primarily mage/thief
Human divine touch pure spirit - primarily priest

The spell casters start at 5/5 mage/priest to get all free spells. I want the priest to get up to lightning spray, but it isn't needed at the Eastern Gallery.
Apprentice
Member # 7234
Profile #6
Right now im using fighter/mage/mage/priest combination... But im thinking about Anama styled party... Like only priests/wariors... Or maybe paladins...
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #7
I tried other party combos but I only survive with a Human Berserker eded weapon , Slith Rebel pole weapon, Nephil Archer, archer, 15 level tool use, Human Hedge wizard, good mage and priest.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
-Save yourself and let them suffer
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #8
This party has gotten me through all the games:
Nephil Swords/Archer/Cave Lore
Slith Pole/Javelin/Lock Pick
Human Mage/Arcane Lore
Human Priest/First Aid

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Warrior
Member # 1467
Profile Homepage #9
my party consists of 1 nephil and three humans

the nephil has divine touch, and is primarily a priest with a bit of archery
the other three humans are all mages.

uhm.. yeah.

no seriously, mages are imba.

--------------------
Brother Glorat

The world is merciless, why should i care?
Apprentice
Member # 1273
Profile #10
I tried doing a solo thing, but it sure didn't work out well, so I tried it with two. I then figured I'd need a 3rd guy to carry all my stuff. I ended up with (all custom, and no extra traits, BTW):

a figher/priest slith,
an archer/melee weapon figher/weak spellcaster nephil (with lockpicking-ness),
and a priest/mage human (with high strength).

It's going pretty well so far. I make a new character, load 'im with cave/arcane lore, and delete him afterwards whenever I need more of those stats, which is kinda cheaty, but saves me points nonetheless.
Apprentice
Member # 7244
Profile #11
Human - Berserker
Slith - Rouge
Niphil - Priest
Human - Sorcerer
BANNED
Member # 7248
Profile #12
all your base are belong to rouge!

--------------------