Help Demo Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help Demo Problem
Apprentice
Member # 6978
Profile #0
I am playing the Demo but, can't go anywhere because most of the doors are locked. I tryed the kill the undead quest I got from the Job Board but, the undead is behind a locked door same with the Nephilim quest. I got the key to the first door from the good Nephilim leader but, the door upstairs is locked.

I am sick of killing rats and goblins is there anything else I can do in the Demo? I am only 2nd level yet there seems to be very little left to do? I could make 1 character dump all their points into Tool Use but some locks require Tool Use 8 and that costs a lot of points.

Any way to Bash doors or find Unlock Spell in the Demo?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
No way to bash doors, the spell can be bought at Formello, 8 points is a good place to start your tool use, although only on a mage.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #2
You don't need to use that passage way to kill the leader of the evil nephilim. It is possible to travel to him directly, but the pass is guarded by a few archers.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
The archers aren't that difficult if you have a few missile weapons and someone who can cast minor heal.

Dikiyoba recommends taking the archers out one at a time. Dikiyoba does not recommend charging forward mindlessly.
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #4
that's why i always like having a thief in the party... in the begining, it'll be really helpful... after all, that's what thieves are for :D

--------------------
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" -G.M.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You will have to go back later to get through the difficulty 8 door to the undead. Start with what you can reach from the surface and use the skill points from going up a level for a spellcaster with mage spells. I started out with no tool use and found that you still can do enough, but it helps to have initially at least tool use 5. You don't need more than 8 to finish the demo.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #6
Hi,
I don't want to open a new thread just for one question, so here I go: a very simple question, actually, How can you give limited items to the other members in your party? like my warrior has 6 healing potions and I want to give 2 to the mage but I don't know how, I click on it and all 6 six are moved :-( I would appreciate any help, or maybe it's not an option? I remember in exile they asked you how many items you wanted to move...

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Yes, it's possible. Hold down the shift key and click on the items. Then you'll be asked how many you want to move.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #8
Thank you very much!!! have a cold beer, to show my gratitude.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Dikiyoba isn't old enough to drink legally, so you can keep it. Besides, it would probably taste like mushrooms, if it comes from Avernum.
Warrior
Member # 716
Profile #10
Thank you for asking that question about moving items! I wanted to know myself. :D
Apprentice
Member # 6983
Profile #11
I can understand your frustration. However there is still a fair bit of the demo to go through. As others said, attack the nephies from the front gate, and you will be able to gain access to much more to kill and explore. You're not even half way through the demo yet. At level 2, you have a good 8-9 levels to go, easy.

While you do not need tool use to complete the game, you will miss out on a LOT of content. I know Jeff has placed an unlocking spell in previous games, but I'm not sure if he has in A4. As you are only level 2, I'd suggest restarting with a rogue or rebel with a high tool use in the party. Kepp in mind, though, that even with as much tool use as you can get, you will often have to wait a level or two before you can get the doors you find open. Just try to keep a mental note of the chests, doors, and traps you could not bypass, then return to them later.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #12
You will need 15 tool use to pass the worst traps in the game. That gets reduced to 12 points to put into it, because there are gloves that give +2 and a necklace that gives +1. If you want you can wait until you find a tool use trainer, although this is highly discouraged.

Tool use and the unlock dors spell stack. If you have all your tool use on a non-mage, you will not be able to open many doors in the game.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #13
I needed 16 tool use to shut down one of the controls in Rentar's Keep.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------