Spell skills

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spell skills
Apprentice
Member # 3265
Profile Homepage #0
How do I know how skilled I am in the different spells? I haven't been able to see this anywhere.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Go to your training screen and click on 'See Spells/Traits' in the upper right corner.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3265
Profile Homepage #2
Thank you! I don't know how I was able to miss that!
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #3
I missed it for quite a long time too, in fact. Eventually I gave up on knowing spell levels, until I saw a topic here where everyone was talking about them. I didn't think they had just remembered them or written them down, so I took one more look around and found it. It's kind of strange, since I'm usually fairly observant about things like that. I guess it doesn't really look like something you'd click, since it's neither a button nor a "link," so I just unconsciously passed over it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Spell levels don't matter as much as in previous Averna, though, at least for most spells. Remember Haste level 3 being a group haste? That was rather spiffy. It would be quite handy to have such a spell in A4, though that would decrease the tactical challenge significantly, and change the balance of the game, so it's probably better off like this. Oh well...

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #4
Is there information anywhere at what level certain spell become available. I keep being told that my priest or mage levels aren't high enough for a spell, but I can't find what those levels should be.
In previous versions, I seem to remember, the level needed for a certain spell was in its description.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Required skill levels are in the manual, and the required skill level is also shown with the spell description if you mouse over a spell that you can't cast in the casting menu.

—Alorael, who only rarely ran into spells he couldn't yet cast. There are benefits to being a glass cannon.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6632
Profile #6
quote:
Spell levels don't matter as much as in previous Averna, though, at least for most spells. Remember Haste level 3 being a group haste? That was rather spiffy. It would be quite handy to have such a spell in A4, though that would decrease the tactical challenge significantly, and change the balance of the game, so it's probably better off like this. Oh well...
Yeah, in avernum 4 it works like in geneforge. One extra level in each spell is identical to +1 spellcraft. Often not worth buying it.

Also, in previous Avernums intelligence raised spell damage, now it doesn't.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #7
I remember seeing posts about people having trouble finding the list of spell levels in the Geneforge 3 forum as well (or was that Geneforge 2?)

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 4238
Profile #8
Doh. You know, I didn't even realize that traits were available in Avernum 4. Yet another reason that I miss the old interface.