Avernum 4 Bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 4 Bug
Apprentice
Member # 6794
Profile #0
When I minimize Avernum 4 to do something else, and then try to bring it up again, it freezes my computer. It's a bit annoying because I have to turn off programs like AOL instant messenger while I'm playing. Anyone know how to fix it?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
-Not run other programs
-Hit your computer with a hammer

That's all I've got. These problems are hard to identify, as I understand. The only reliable fix is to not run other programs that have the potential to minimize the game. With AIM, try just putting up an away message while you play, it you would prefer to stay 'online'. There are options to block pop-up messages and sounds while away.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #2
shoulden't this be put in tech support?

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
arghhhhhhhhh, in future, if you need to ask, don't bother asking.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #4
I switch between Av4 and a text editor a lot, with no freezing problems (windows 2000).
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
SILVER! Hi! Er, question for you: what's up with silverchat? Is it dead? Is it ever coming back?

EDIT: And I had this problem a lot, too. A4 doesn't like being the background on my computer. I never found a solution.

[ Tuesday, March 07, 2006 20:00: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #6
Can't help you here.

Since I don't feel like making a new topic on A4 bugs, I'll post here. On my way from Fort M. to Fort D., I came across a lizard cave. I came across quite a few giant lizards and one 'gazer'. However, it had a giant lizard graphic (I know it was a gazer because of 'Tab' and the spells it was casting). Is this intentional?

I miss the pink blob with the eyes.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #7
Yes.
Killing it is the object of a job on the job board at either Fort Draco or Formello. (I can't remember which).
As is killing the Worm Queen, on the same job board. (I think it's Fort Draco, I can't remember any other jobs from there.)

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #8
It's kinda weird, since you see the name and think it should be an Eyebeast or something, but that's intentional. I don't think we've seen Gazer Beasts in any of the previous games; just Eyebeasts and Gazers.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #9
So THAT's how I finished that quest and never found an "eyebeast or gazer"). There are at least 2 with eyestalks to harvest in other areas that do look like what you expect.

quote:

Quoting Derakon:

It's kinda weird, since you see the name and think it should be an Eyebeast or something, but that's intentional. I don't think we've seen Gazer Beasts in any of the previous games; just Eyebeasts and Gazers.

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Giant from that dist..."
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #10
Don't revive threads that are months old. Doing this a few times will get you canned/banned. (Since I'm not a mod, I'm not sure on the exact procedure)

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
The exact procedure is very simple: don't revive topics that are months old unless you really have something important to add. It's a bit irritating.

On the other hand, nobody is likely to catch on fire or start howling for blood unless you do it with great frequency. No need to panic (or start howling for blood, really).

—Alorael, who thinks this topic can now happily die.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00