Annatolia or Crewl? (possible spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Annatolia or Crewl? (possible spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 6571
Profile #0
Does the plot line differ hugely depending on which one you kill? After killing an agent on behalf of crewl annatolia and hecht's names were on a piece of paper with an upside down crown, so is the "right" thing to do kill annatolia?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
The only consequence to killing them is their respective town becomes hostile. The reward for killing Annatolia is decent, but make sure you have done everything you want to in Spire first.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4448
Profile #2
Well, if you actually act like an assassin and jump Annatolia without saying, "Hey, we're here to kill you!" The rest of the town won't notice, and you'll still get the reward from Crewl. So be a bit less boisterous about it. ;)

[ Wednesday, December 28, 2005 08:49: Message edited by: Celchu ]

--------------------
Yeah, here's a sig. On to more posts...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
I wish I'd realized that it's possible to get by without killing either of them (those traps in the passage under Bargha aren't really that bad). I just wound up thinking that Annatolia was a bit more dishonorable... and I wish I'd thought to kill her without saying it to her face. It was really "fun" trying to run out of Spire without killing anyone...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
You should get the key for just killing the Darkside Loyalist agent. There is no need to kill either Annatolia or Crewl. Of course, killing her and not everything going hostile is a bug and probably should not be exploited.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
If so, it's a strange bug. Normal behavior would make the town hostile if you attack Annatolia, and indeed this was originally what happened. The conversation option just ended the conversation and didn't make anyone hostile.

Apparently the results of comments on the beta made attacking Annatolia only make Annatolia hostile. It's too deliberate to be a mistake. It's just weird.

—Alorael, who supposes the people of Spire are loyal enough to protect their queen when she calls for help but not so loyal that they defend her when a band of roving adventurers whips out their implements of savagery and get to work.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
Then it should be counterbalanced with getting no reward for killing her dishonorably.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4448
Profile #7
I was just running some tests in Fort Draco about the behavior of towns regarding your murdering tendencies. You can kill any character in solitude without any of the town getting angry at you. This includes storekeepers, guards, inn patrons, the captain of the guard, etc. Killing in plain view will only anger those who see you; ie, you can clear an entire street of the pesky town guard, go inside the barracks and have a friendly conversation with the captain. This leads me to believe that Annatolia was given no special programming regarding surprise attacks, and just follows the normal rules for murdered citizens. If this is indeed a bug, it would be very simple to fix in the next update.

Update: more on standard behavior regarding attacking citizens. I also tested Tower Colony and Fort Monastery, killing such distinguished gentlemen as X and Kellner. The exact behavior for people going hostile is as follows:
1) anyone you specifically attack will go hostile
2) anyone who sees another character go hostile will also go hostile
This second part is very narrowly defined. If you swing a sword or fire an arrow inside a guard's sight range, the guard won't go hostile if he can't see the guy you attacked. As an added bonus, if the guy you attacked comes after you, the guards still friendly to you will do combat with them. I got some very entertaining guard-on-guard battles going with this in mind.

[ Wednesday, December 28, 2005 19:07: Message edited by: Celchu ]

--------------------
Yeah, here's a sig. On to more posts...
Apprentice
Member # 6590
Profile #8
So do I not need to kill the agent? For some reason I can't
find her.
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #9
Look towards the farmhouses to the west of Baghra, as Crewl tells you.
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by *i:

There is no need to kill either Annatolia or Crewl. Of course, killing her and not everything going hostile is a bug and probably should not be exploited.
Nah - I reckon that no one in the town really liked her, she was a nasty dictator type.

In fact they should probably congratulate you and lower their prices in reward ;)

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #11
I can't find the agent either. I see 2 farmhouses west of bargha, one where I was forced to kill both, and the second which seems to be empty. What am I missing?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #12
It's the house in the northweat corner by the river. Get close to the walls and such.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #13
Bashing my head into all the walls of that room for an hour to no avail. Does it have something to do with the switch nearby? I've flipped it many times, and done some headbashing with it in both positions.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
There are no secret passages; headbashing is unnecessary. So is the quest: you really don't have to kill either.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #15
I'm talking about killing the darkside agent, not crewl or Annatolia.

[ Monday, January 16, 2006 20:45: Message edited by: Sirhc2690 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
Bashing walls is unnecessary. Walking around west of Bargha where Crewl tells you to look is. There's no great secret to finding the agent. Just poke around.

—Alorael, who hopes you aren't poking around in the houses in the no-man's land between Spire and Bargha. This house is definitely about as northwest as you can get in the Abyss.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
It's worth noting that I found the passage wouldn't open for me again after I'd already killed Imelda and left. So you might want to check your map and make sure the secret passage isn't already on there.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

It's worth noting that I found the passage wouldn't open for me again after I'd already killed Imelda and left.
Someone has Langrisser on the mind.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
If so, then that someone is Jeff, because I'm pretty sure Imelda is her name. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #20
I thought it was Isengla........ something

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #21
I've been looking for about another hour, haven't found anything. What am I looking for, and where?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #22
A small toolshed (or something like that) with a lever inside of it. Pull the lever to reveal a hidden passage.
The shed can be found up against the rockwall, west of Baghra.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #23
The only lever I can find is outside the house. When used, I get: "You pull the lever. Nothing happens."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #24
I just checked the scripts. If the secret passage isn't already open, pulling that lever should open it. Go into the house and see if there's a passage in the north wall.

--------------------

Pages