Cheats ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Cheats ?
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #0
I just noticed that you can do shift-d in Avernum 4. Now for me that is very exciting i had already started trying to make a crappy excuse of a way to force my way up in scripts but if there is a code like iwanttobestronger who needs it ?.... So does anyone know what they are ?........ Anyone at all ?
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
Purching the hint book is a most prudent idea. There are many secrets in the game, including all manner of cheat codes.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #2
Err yeah well Vlish you see thats the problem Im thirteen and Im dead broke. So simply typing in the cheats would help :Hint hint cough cough: :P

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 21:01: Message edited by: Hawk King ]
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
I give you the gift of the Vlish.

When fighting creatures that will scramble your brains...

owmybrains

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
That cheat code (iwanttobestronger) still works.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Cheat codes... bah. Who needs 'em?

Seriously, people... can't you play through a game without cheating? Just because A4 has no character editor...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
He's right. Unless there's a serious and dramatic increase in difficulty as the game progresses, cheats are entirely superfluous.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #7
I've actually found this one considerably easier to survive than the others so far. Physical combat is way more effective in the early game than it normally is.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
Experienced Avernites are going to find A4 pretty easy at first, because the early game seems to be balanced so as not to frustrate inexperienced players on Normal difficulty. I had lots of Geneforge experience on high difficulty before beta-testing A4, but no Avernum experience to speak of. Going through the first time, I found Normal in A4 to be reasonably challenging: frequently tense and occasionally quite tricky. Now I'm doing it again on Torment, but with a properly designed party and greater tactical wisdom, and I'm barely raising a sweat, up to Fort Draco.

On the first time through, though, the game got quite hard for me for a long middle stretch. I'm not entirely sure that I will find it harder this time through, or that experienced players will; but at this point I think that there will indeed be a dramatic increase in difficulty.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
The first time through nothing was especially challenging until the Eastern Gallery, which proceeded to pile pain on top of pain. It's not quite as bad in later versions (or maybe my party is better), but it's a definite jump in difficulty.

Besides important or otherwise special battles, there aren't too many tricks to master. Just get used to some surprising fluctuations in difficulty and don't wander around anywhere new without saving.

—Alorael, who learned to stop worrying and love the chitrachs.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #10
avernum 4 just came out and already you want cheats? wheres the challenge,wheres the fun,wheres the excitement in winning every battle with ease

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
You shouldn't need cheats, really. I had few clues and no cheats while playing through the beta twice+ and was able to finish every quest but one (thanks Alo for the tip on the one) and win the game with no real need to modify anything. I'm not an expert player, though I have played all the previous Avernums.

Because there are no secret areas in which to hide spellbooks and magical items, going about acquiring and finishing things is more straightforward. Because you never truly die, but can revive three out of four of your party for no cost if one member survives, there is less need for reloading or fixing things.

I'll post my general advice for playing and constructing a party to give an idea what may work or be helpful to keep in mind for A4.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by The Forgotten:

avernum 4 just came out and already you want cheats? wheres the challenge,wheres the fun,wheres the excitement in winning every battle with ease
I like to use cheats because I play for plot and thats pretty much it and I enjoy traveling avernum learning everything. But if while on the way to lets say the tower of the magi i get killed by err.. A group of drakes then i don't ever get to the Tower of Magi. So i prefer to just put in a bunch of cheats and when a stupid monster attacks i kill it and go on my way
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #13
Cheats are not good until you are nearly dead, but if you did not yet, try the easiest way - much training! :D

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Apprentice
Member # 6547
Profile #14
Oh cmon people P-leaze, whats the POINT of cheating? if you dont want to PLAY the game, just win it in a few hours, then why do you buy it at all?
Apprentice
Member # 6540
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Berserkas:

Oh cmon people P-leaze, whats the POINT of cheating? if you dont want to PLAY the game, just win it in a few hours, then why do you buy it at all?
I personally love killing goblins with Arcane Blow.

Wouldn't mind having Dispel Barrier either.
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #16
do you think that jeff wil announce someday that theres actualy more then one cheat code

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #17
I'm with Hawk King on this one. I personally don't get much satisfaction out of being killed in the middle of my adventuring, and completing a difficult task after much anguish in Spiderweb games usually leaves me feeling depressed because of all of the misery experienced while trying to work at something that is supposed to be a source of relaxation and happiness. Cheats keep me relaxed and happy, so long as they don't mess with the storyline in glitchy ways.

Besides, it's great fun running around between quests with a singleton on Torment annihilating various creatures with nothing but a stick...particularly when they call your character "doomed, puny, weak," etc. Nothing irritates me more when some pompous enemy ends up victorious.

Even so, A4 seems to be rather balanced and rich with plot, so purists and cheaters alike are going to have a great time.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

do you think that jeff wil announce someday that theres actualy more then one cheat code
If you look closely, you'll notice that two have already been listed in this thread.

I'll give all that I know, though:
ouchouchouch
imdrained
leetbuffz
owmybrains
backtostart
pleaselikeme
iwanttobestronger
giveasnack
showmeall

Try them and see if they still work and what they do!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #19
I don't think these are supposed to be a secret. I mean, if you bought the previous Avernums, you got a working Character Editor. We have cheat codes for A4 instead. Here they are. Are they not listed with the new download version?

Hold the shift key down and type 'd', the cheat box comes up.
Enter the phrases below and hit return to get the given effect.

ouchouchouch – Heals and cures your group.
imdrained - Recharge your spell energy.
leetbuffz – Gives each of your characters multiple blessings.
owmybrains – Cures any character that is frozen or suffering from a mental effect.
backtostart – Returns you to Fort Monastery. Very useful if you get stuck.
pleaselikeme - Makes all of the areas in the game forget your crimes. If you were hated there, you won’t be anymore. Note that certain crimes (stealing artifacts, killing major characters) won’t be forgotten.
iwanttobestronger - Gives you some experience.
giveasnack - Gives your main character some cake.
showmeall - Make all characters (even ones you can’t see) appear on your automap.
dontshowmeall - Stop making all characters appear on your automap.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #20
When A4 comes out for windows, I will endeavour to have birthdates for my characters, and ensure I use giveasnack on the appropriate occasions.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

When A4 comes out for windows, I will endeavour to have birthdates for my characters, and ensure I use giveasnack on the appropriate occasions.
You're in for a disappointment -- A4 doesn't have a calendar.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #22
I like the nice lady by Formello who as reward for delivering to her a letter gives you some of the standard stuff.

And an apple.

I can't help it, but that was just, er, cute.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
Yeah. Normally I sell or drop food, but that time I had to eat it in front of her so I wouldn't feel guilty.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #24
are those all the codes? i could use one for more gold...

i also doubt these cheats are supposed to be secret.
but i think its cooler if theyre more special and mysterious, valuable... you know? than the old editors.

but hey i actually hate a4, i just want to get on fast to see if its possible i could begin to like it.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!

Pages