GF3 Trainer

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF3 Trainer
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #0
This tool will patch your save file to make a godlike pc.
http://itsuart.gorodok.net/GF3_Trainer.zip 4k
Requires MS .NET Framework 1.1

Why I made it? Because NOSE is too crappy.
Have fun.

PS
And yes, it's not for deadend brunch of evolution. I mean mac.

[ Thursday, August 04, 2005 01:38: Message edited by: Itsuart, the altered ]
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Itsuart, the altered:

This tool will patch your save file to make a godlike pc.
Requires MS .NET Framework 1.1
Why I made it? Because NOSE is too crappy.
And yes, it's not for deadend brunch of evolution. I mean mac.

How nice of you. Very delicate to call someone else's work crap.

Besides i don't see how you could call NOSE crappy compared to this thing.

-NOSE lets you edit each single stat.
-Your editor doesn't.

-NOSE weight 400k.
-Your editor weights only 3k but requires to dowload the *cough* *cough* 20mb NET framework.

-NOSE is absolutely portable to Mac and Linux.
-Your program cannot be possibily ported to anything else.

-NOSE doesn't insult his users and asks them to suicide :rolleyes:

-NOSE doesn't spoil the game.

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #2
Well, at least Itsuart doesn't call a 'Drakon' a 'Dragon'.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Can't we all just acknowledge that both of you have made useful contributions to the community and get over it? This bickering isn't very productive.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Indeterminatus:

How nice of you. Very delicate to call someone else's work crap.

Besides i don't see how you could call NOSE crappy compared to this thing.

-Your editor doesn't.

-NOSE weight 400k.
-Your editor weights only 3k but requires to dowload the *cough* *cough* 20mb NET framework.

-NOSE doesn't insult his users and asks them to suicide :rolleyes:

-NOSE doesn't spoil the game.[/QB]
I'm always say what I think.
That nice that you fight for your app. But this also means that your programming life at a very beginning. You will learn much and your attitude to your apps will change. And please before teaching me how to write programms develope at least 1 (one) enterprise level app. Now lets talk about your hmmm "points of interest".

-Your editor doesn't.
Just because I don't need this. However clicking 10+ times on each button is most stupid thing to do.

-NOSE weight 400k.
Tha-ha-ha.
Compare number of .NET Apps and Allegro's. Think about, this is kind of programming lesson, he-he-he :) And there is a hint: Allegro not an adequate lib for this task. Google will "save father of russian democracy" :)

Second lesson: never say anything about you don't know. You look funny :) However app of such level may be written from the scratch in a few hours.(My own written in about 10 minutes)

-NOSE doesn't insult his users and asks them to suicide
What an overwhelming plus. But I realy think that if someone don't have enough brains to use such stupid tool, he/she should commit suicide ASAP.

-NOSE doesn't spoil the game.
This is start of an philosophical debate?
PS/Third lesson/
If you rewrite your app using pure C/C++ it will
a) weight much less
b) fully portable
c) but will be console.
-Dixi

[ Monday, August 08, 2005 02:04: Message edited by: Itsuart, the altered ]
Apprentice
Member # 4456
Profile Homepage #5
You guys are just too goofy. Work together and create something better than the two you have created. :rolleyes: (yeah, like this is gonna happen) Really, don't bash each other. The first app I created was pretty crappy, but I sure was proud of it. The programmer I worked with congratulated me even though they knew is was crappy too. :) So don't pee on someone else's Cheerios because you have a better program.

--------------------
Don't eat dirt, its nasty.
Apprentice
Member # 3419
Profile Homepage #6
Oh yeah, something that is useless to macs is going to go over big time with such a large number of mac users.

Thanks, but no thanks, I'll stick with nice people, real community people, with manners -- even if I played this on my PC.

Not impressed.
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #7
I'm not an agressive person, i usually don't mind constructive criticism, i like to work with others(check a couple of thread i posted in and you'll see it) and i'm sorry to have transformed this thread in a sort of flamewar.

But, you are not fair.

quote:
"That nice that you fight for your app. But this also means that your programming life at a very beginning. You will learn much and your attitude to your apps will change. And please before teaching me how to write programms develope at least 1 (one) enterprise level app
Uhm, i did create a couple commercial programs.
It's you i'm not so sure of.
For istance: why add the bloat of the .NET framework for 2 message boxes and an open file dialog? Are you afraid of winapi?

quote:
"I'm always say what I think."
I think you don't live in society then.
If in real life you go to someone and say "Your work is crap" he usually leaves his knuckles in your face. If you go to a person and say "I think you should add X feauture" you usually get better feedback.

quote:
"Just because I don't need this. However clicking 10+ times on each button is most stupid thing to do."
Again, you are wrong.
I don't know if you ever played the exile series (but i think the same thing stays true for the avernum games) but the character editor works this way. Why? To not spoil the game, to not make it too easy to ruin the fun.

quote:
"Second lesson: never say anything about you don't know. You look funny [Smile] However app of such level may be written from the scratch in a few hours.(My own written in about 10 minutes)"
But then it would be a totally different app, right? My statement is simply true, and you are making strawmen.

quote:
Compare number of .NET Apps and Allegro's. Think about, this is kind of programming lesson, he-he-he [Smile] And there is a hint: Allegro not an adequate lib for this task.
No need to compare, facts are that a compressed allegro weights < 400k while the NET framework 20mb.

quote:
Google will "save father of russian democracy"
No need to learn another lib just to make a simple editor. Allegro is portable, allows me to heavily alter the appearance of the GUI, and is relatively (compared to 20mb) small.

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
Itsuart, you very badly need to learn some manners. All you had to do was say: "I made this to present an alternative to NOSE, which has some features that I do not like." Picking a fight is bad and against the CoC.

Indeterminatus, sometimes on these boards you'll have to let things go. You made your point; now be the bigger man and leave this argument alone.

I don't want to lock this thread, but I will if bickering ensues.

To summarize: >8E

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #9
Nothing changes in the world: only small number of persons interested in learning or/and have abilities for this. That's frustrating.
However. Last lesson for Indeterminatus: http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:OSX
And last lesson for him and K-on,K-es:
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/translation/latin/dixi
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Kibbles:

Oh yeah, something that is useless to macs is going to go over big time with such a large number of mac users.
Depends on the compiler. If he used Mono, it would work just fine since Mono is available for Mac as well as Windows.

Why even bother with a window-based program when you can just use command line? Something like saveedit --savenumber=0 --strength=30 ;)
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Frobozz:

Why even bother with a window-based program when you can just use command line? Something like saveedit --savenumber=0 --strength=30 ;)
"Oh no, that will spoil the game!"(c)I-us
Beter something like that:
spoilsafesaveedit str
And it will increase by one str stat.
And to be shure that writing simple script will not again spoil the game, somewhere in code must be called sleep(60000) :) ))