Eyebeasts nerfed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Eyebeasts nerfed
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
The uber powerful eyebeasts have lost there touch on torment their attacks on gazers/eyebeasts and drakons/ur-drakons has been cut down to a third it's normal size. Is this just on my computer or have other people been finding the best of creations nerfed?

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:50: Message edited by: Ghaldrings_doom ]
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #1
Problem is they deal fire damage, and some enemies are strongly fire resistant. You almost have to use a variety of creations as no one damage type is good against everything.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #2
I know!!!! Jeff has majorly disappointed me with GF3! The Terror Vlish has been castrated, the Eyebeast weakened and make uncool, NO new creations or spells, the only plot choices are inhuman-power-mad warlord or uber-authoritarian-heartless overlord, and the guardians, shapers, and others have recieved new dorky graphics!

Don't get me wrong, I do consider it worth my $25, but really, this is definately a step down from GF2, not a step up as GF2 was from GF1.

My only ray of hope was in the ending, which made it seem like we actually might get new creations/spells in GF4.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #3
As for the terror vlish, I heard someone say that in the data files some creatures like that have stats for a third type of attack so maybe Jeff was trying to make it so they could fire either terror or poison, but never finished implementing it and possibly left the wrong ability active. And the eyebeast problem seems to be part of a larger scope where many more enemies have large damage type resistances, possibly to force you not to rely on a single creation or spell for all encounters.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 26
Profile #4
But creations like the glaak and cryoa got a power boost. Sure, the terror vlish was a disappointment, the eyebeasts are slightly less effective (but then again, the eyebeasts were way too powerful in GF2) but boosting weaker creations was welcome. I remember the struggle period between battle alphas and rotghroths and gazers in GF2. That was quite difficult a time.

One creation that definitely needs a boost is the drakon. They are supposed to be mighty and powerful, right? So why can two battle alphas, a glaak, and an ornk take one out? Oh. Maybe it was that wand of nulity. But my point stands. Drakons can't hold a candle to any of the other big creations.

--------------------
Not a signature
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #5
Well I suppose a drakons main strength was supposed to be its ability to hit multiple targets at once, as nothing else but eyebeast can do that, as well as be able to survive longer than most other creations under attack, while still having the versatility of doing more damage with mellee than ranged against single targets.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 26
Profile #6
Right. Eyebeasts can hit multiple targets, poision targets (they could in GF2, at least), and stun multiple targets. Drakons could hit multiple targets, but in my experience their strikes were either ineffective or missed. As for surviving longer, rotghroths have about the same. Rotdhizons have more. Eyebeasts don't need more hit points, because nobody (could) touch them. Even with the eyebeast downgrade, it's still better than drakon and ur-drakon in my opinion, at least.

--------------------
Not a signature
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #7
The rotghroths have taken their place as top creation though tey stun slower and hit for less which hugly degrades them.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
I said than most creations. Rotgroths are suppossed to be tougher but as compensation they only have a mellee attack. Drakons may not seem worth it, but it appears Jeff went through an effort to make them seem balanced, but as is often the case something that is supposed to be more versatile ends up seeming weaker.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #9
Are you talking about drakons in GF2 or GF3?
They are quite different.
In GF2, drakons are utter crap.
In GF3, they are quite good.
They do about 60% of damage as gazers do.
(In GF2, it was about a third)
They are the only 4th tier creation can do 2 types of damage.
They have the highest level and hp bonus.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #10
Rotghroths are still the best. The only thing they can't do very much damage to are themselves they have a high parry chance and half the the time for duoble hit.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #11
No, flaming and spraying shrubs (plants which attack with aura of flames and spray acid, seen a few in crumbling labs and monastery of tears, not sure where else) are completely immune to acid damage (or may take 1-3 damage), so rotgroths are useless against those. Also, worth noting is that eyebeasts and gazers mellee attack deals magic damage as well (as does gazers ranged), and there are a few things that are completely immune to magic damage (including turrets and spinecores), so gazers are useless against those but eyebeasts are not. This game was really made so you can't rely on only one type of creation: in order to beat everything you need multiple types that have attacks that use different damage types (though i'm not aware of anything that is immune to physical attacks but some reduce it quite a bit).

--------------------