desperate for GF3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: desperate for GF3
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #0
Are there any great members of this august board who have more precise information than the generalities on the website and Jeff's interview contain about the release date for GF3?

Sorry that this isn't *exactly* GF2 related! And thanks!

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Canned
Member # 5435
Profile Homepage #1
jeff do you hear him /me please please give us info or well starve to death from need of info please

--------------------
my web page
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #2
At the end of the interview that can be read here, some time in March is the estimated release date.

Despite my usually patient nature, I find myself getting up every morning thinking to myself like Bob Wylie would: "Baby steps to Geneforge 3! Baby steps to March! Baby steps to Geneforge 3"
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #3
Ya, but that release date's just for Mac. PC users have to wait until a few months after March.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
That's incredibly annoying for me. I was so excited when I heard the G3 was coming out, but I was so bummed when Jeff said that SpidWeb was making it for Mac first.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Jeff always makes for Mac first. Since he's just about the only person who does this, I think you have little to complain about. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
I'm constantly surprised (pleasantly, mind you) how many Windows users are enthusiastic supporters of Jeff's humble but highly respectable shareware firm.
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #7
i find that rather insulting,xbox games only give you the initial hour and a half of entertainment,soemtimes 6 or more hours,but geneforge,without the *@##$$% load of programmign for the uber graphics,if very good,and interesting,because of the replay value,blades of avernum,while having even less graphics(slightly only mind you) has UNLIMITED and quite excellent replay value

--------------------
comminiscor ea superus san` coetus,momen athrad ea superus san` institio,uniformis ea superus san` complesso,superus honestas,superus dominatus,superus.ta ea superus a` imperator san` a` succedo
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #8
Amen to that, Icshi and Taker.

I suppose the trend of the day is fancy graphics and that's that. Though of course there are quite a few CRPGs that do have fancy graphics and good playing value.

Still. I'm also constantly happy that Jeff gets the business he does and continues making games like he does. I may whine and ***** about his games from time to time, but after playing them all at least twice, I can't say anything that. . .

. . . baby steps or no baby steps, damn it it's hard to wait.

And knowing that A4 may come out next year (I'm hoping this year, but that may be too soon) the baby steps are harder to make.

At any rate. It teaches us patience.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #9
patience is worse than time,its a drag and a boost,but there is no inbetween,atleast with time you can plan things and all,but patience is simply seeing how long you can pent up your rage,bah,patience is for the slow hearted,these days,go go go,fight fight fight,and so on,alot of people apart from me wont be to oeasy on the subject of patience

--------------------
comminiscor ea superus san` coetus,momen athrad ea superus san` institio,uniformis ea superus san` complesso,superus honestas,superus dominatus,superus.ta ea superus a` imperator san` a` succedo
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #10
first of all,the interveiw with jeff says that geneforge 3 will eb out for windows soon after it is for mac,AFEW MONTHS IS NOT A SHROT AMOUNT OF TIME@!

--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #11
Time is a relative thing. To you, a couple months may be an eternity, to others it may be but a moment.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Canned
Member # 5435
Profile Homepage #12
baa to hell with patience we want it now now now #sigh#

--------------------
my web page
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #13
March....only a few brief days away for us mac users. *beaming*

Now, then...if onyl we knew *when* in march. We might be a week away...or over a month away.

(crossing fingers, clicking heels together, rubbing my rabbit's foot, etc. that it's sooner, rather than later...)

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #14
There are times in the day when I feel like I'm undergoing Geneforge 3 withdrawl... before the game is even out! How pathetic is that?! :rolleyes:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
In other news, I'm debating whether I should actually get GF3 when it comes out. GF1 was exciting at the beginning and disappointing at the end, and GF2 was fun for gameplay, but kind of wearisome by the end. I don't think I'd be interested in playing GF3 if it's just the same thing as GF2, which was nearly the same thing as GF1.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #16
We'll let you know.

I have high hopes for this one. But, who knows? Apparently according to that interview Jeff has a plan for several more of these games and in this one things hit the fan.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #17
Oh goodie! I love it when things hit the fan! (Story-wise, anyway.)

I really do hope Jeff makes at least a dozen more Geneforge games. I love the blend between SF and fantasy, and as a history student have always been fascinated by how power corrupts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Fire Shards:

Ya, but that release date's just for Mac. PC users have to wait until a few months after March.
Foolish Windows users! Your gaming shall be pwned by the Mac insurgance. The old OS's shall be swept aside, their inventors lined up agains the wall, and we, the faithful, shall have our hour of triumph. Bwahahahahah! :eek:

Um, I mean, tough break dude.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Apprentice
Member # 5544
Profile Homepage #19
I am thinking that they should release the two demos early, and make the windows one a bit before the mac, so that windows users get a little bit of consolation.

--------------------
Click here to play a fun online game!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
They're released in the order in which they're finished. Since Jeff makes the games using a Mac, they're made for Mac first.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Fire Shards:

PC users have to wait until a few months after March.
SUCKERS! lol
Ok that was mean. I'm sorry

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #22
I'm curious, whats Mac like and why do people buy them when it's so difficult to get games for them? (I haven't seen a Mac since grade school)

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Apprentice
Member # 5354
Profile #23
Because my Mac--which sees hard daily use in law school, as well as after school use from digital video editing to itunes, hasn't crashed since, hmmmm....... late 2002, i think.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #24
Also because Macs rock. Enough said.

[ Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:59: Message edited by: Fire Shards ]

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.

Pages