Artila Eye

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Artila Eye
Apprentice
Member # 4106
Profile #0
Is there any place we can get this,instead of buying this from the lady in Kentia?
As you all know,this is required for creating new objects in the forge.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #1
With high enough luck an artila in sea caves drops it.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Even with merely modest luck, by the end of the game you can pick up half a dozen of the things. That's actually good, because combining them with silver necklaces is the only way to turn a decent profit on forging items, as opposed to just selling the components.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
No no no...

Turn them into wands!!!

Discipline wands kick bootay. And, I might add, discipline wands do tons of damage to Creators and Spawners, as well as serviles and other creations.

Not so hot against humans and other shapers though.

Stick, gemstone, saltweed, and artilla eye. PAIN!!!

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Apprentice
Member # 4106
Profile #4
Thats too bad.
I have fallen to the habit of never buying anything from the shops after playing G1 and G2.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
It seems to me that money is far too damn worthless in all the games. All the good equipment is either looted, found, given or stolen. Trainers only train so far. I always have 10.000GC or so with nothing to spend it on.

This needs to be changed.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #6
Wands should be rechargeable.

Some wands have very hard to find bits.

Solves the gold problem.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #7
Well I suppose it was intended for there to be enough gold supply to be able to afford both all the training in the game, as well as a hefty amount of expendable items like crystals wands and spores.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #8
I agree on gold.

Even just the mines in the demo. Crystals galore. I was ridiculously rich, with nothing in particular to spend it on.

It seems that after the veritable poverty of G1 and G2, also with shopkeepers running out of gold, G3 has then gone completely overboard the other way. Shopkeepers no longer have finite gold supplies, and gold itself, is very very common.

I prefer scrounging for gold, and taking multiple loot trips than having more gold than i know what to do with, personally =/

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #9
The real spending comes at higher levels; creations, spells and abilities will really drain your gold. One moment you have 20,000 gold, and three purchases later it's down to 5,000.

I like the way the gold works in GF3. With loot everywhere, and shopkeepers with unlimited funds, I could actually buy quality equipment and high-level creations.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #10
Well indeed unless you buy massive numbers of spores and crystals and such you'll have more money than you have a use for on the first island, you then can use it all up on the second island with training in creations and in combat skills, so you should finish the demo broke. And I personally found shopkeepers running out of money very annoying so you'd keep having to haul your loot to a different shopkeeper when you exhausted one.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 70
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

I prefer scrounging for gold, and taking multiple loot trips than having more gold than i know what to do with, personally =/
Kuc, Azul hit the nail on the head here.

You dont have much to spend it on for the first two islands, late in the game though you can easily go from 25+k gold to 0 in a few minutes getting the high end spells.

--------------------
Death always wins, because the bastard cheats.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #12
You can? I can't, unless I buy spells I condsider "useless".

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #13
Meh, i suppose its just preference. I have always been an Exile/Avernum person, where you tend to have enough gold for everything. Then you'd have to scroung, save and explore extra dungeons to save enough for the hermit trainers which would train skills like Magery or Blademaster.

I havent got to the main part of the game yet, but even the 2nd island was easy to buy through. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #14
If looted properly, the first island alone can get you about 7k in gold.

That's including selling off those bolts of cloth from the school.

--------------------

FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #15
Near the end of the game, there's 50 K in alterations you can purchase on the Isle of Spears and the Monastery of Tears. That's always been enough to blow off the rest of my gold.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #16
The main advantage of my last Guardian's obstinate purism was that I didn't have to worry about scrounging money to pay those 'trainers', who are really just foul, tempting fiends that want to forge your genes! So I could finally stop picking up every bolt of cloth and suit of quicksilver plate I found, and be free!

On the other hand, I had to take several trips back and forth to the monastery island just to haul in all the stuff I needed for my assault on the Caves. I left the place with burnt-out Inferno Wands scattered like cigarette butts in an airport smoking area.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #17
I always had enough gold because I only bought what I knew I needed. I've taken to only using Fire and Magic Shaping, so that saves on some unnecessary spending. I also only buy the spells I like to use, which is about half of them.

I love canisters and the Drakon's blessings, so a purist ending is out of the question for me. I felt really rich until I got to the Isle of Spears and the Monastery. Yeah, you're rich in the beginning, but in the beginning everything is relatively inexpensive.

Taewell - Call me Dolphin, Azul is just the current name.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #18
Playing as a shaper the first time through I found money to be an issue. It costs a lot of money to get, for example, Lady Anjil to train you in shaping skills and there wasn't that much money to be had.

Playing as an agent the second time around I found that money was not an issue. Basically I had fewer things to spend my money on. But I had also learned what worked and what didn't in the game. When you go through the first time you are apt to try everything and this will bleed your cash.

At any rate, in the latter game the basic unit of account is around 10,000 gold and you don't find that kind of cash lying around.
Warrior
Member # 70
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Azul:

Taewell - Call me Dolphin, Azul is just the current name.
Will do, Azul. ;)

--------------------
Death always wins, because the bastard cheats.
Apprentice
Member # 4106
Profile #20
Dont you guys think that this topic had gone way off topic??
I dont minding spending gold to buy the artila eye,But it is just that you never have to buy items(only spells and creations) in G1 and G2.
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by poolwin2001:

Dont you guys think that this topic had gone way off topic??

Way off topic? No. There is a clear thread that runs from your original post all the way to the end. Indeed, we're not even talking six degrees of separation here - two at most.

Way off-topic would be discussing whether a thread is on topic or not. Oh, ... never mind.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #22
Your original question's already been answered anyway, so I trust you'll forgive us our indulgence.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Schrodinger:

Near the end of the game, there's 50 K in alterations you can purchase on the Isle of Spears and the Monastery of Tears. That's always been enough to blow off the rest of my gold.
This is true, but it is made more difficult to do when you realize that your $$ caps out at 30k. Why does it cap out? There's no good reason... unless when your shaper gets there s/he's thinking, "well, 30k is about enough, I feel rich. I'll sell all this junk for free now."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #24
Shaper society has a peculiar kind of flat tax. Everything anyone owns above 30K is instantly confiscated and used to fund that fine universal health care system that puts scissors, scalpels and bolts of cloth in every zone.

--------------------

Pages