Geneforge 3 available for Macintosh

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 available for Macintosh
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #0
This morning, the release version of Geneforge 3 for Macs was posted to Spidweb's public FTP site. The link will take you directly to the download.

Spiderweb's web site doesn't yet acknowledge the Geneforge 3 release.

(635)

[ Monday, March 28, 2005 08:07: Message edited by: Seletine ]
Apprentice
Member # 5540
Profile #1
and.... downloaded. I'd stick this in the win column for being in the right place at the right time.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Gracias.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #3
Aaah, sweet relief. Thank you!

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Seletine:

Spiderweb's web site doesn't yet acknowledge the Geneforge 3 release.
That's very strange. They usually shout it from the rooftops as soon as it's been placed on their download server. I only hope that their lack of announcement doesn't mean that this isn't the actual demo and is really some "test" file that contains a huge text document saying "Testing, testing, 1-2-3. Testing, testing, 1-2-3" sixty-four million times.

The compressed demo is 17.5 MB — so it looks like my original estimate of 18.4 MB was only off by a MB or so. :cool:
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #5
merci beaucoup
p.s. It works.

[ Monday, March 28, 2005 10:29: Message edited by: mark greenwood ]

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #6
The official release is later this afternoon, we're still testing some pages and downloads (like the order form). That link is the Mac demo release, and I believe has been tested. Enjoy.

-Mariann

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Apprentice
Member # 5621
Profile #7
Without getting too sentimental, I would like to express my feelings of gratitude towards the Spiderwebsoftware team.
Thank you !! I am looking very much forward to playing Geneforge 3 tomorrow (I'm from the Netherlands and it's 23:28 on my clock and since I have to get up at 6:30 for school tomorrow I guess I'll be heading to bed.)
Thanks again, Sir Jeff and Lady Mariann ! :)
Apprentice
Member # 5620
Profile #8
omg...i think im gonna cry...

HALLELUJAH!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5390
Profile #9
So does anyone know where I can get a good Mac emulator for my windows computer, the wait till summers going to be intolerable....
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #10
Geneforge used to be my favorite out of the spiderweb games. Jeff's lost the concept. He thinks that making more of a hit game will be good. I don't concur.While some of you may like that idea, I'm finding Jeff's games getting boring.

Let's see, in over 10 years how many different game types have there been?
-Nethergate
-Exile/Avernum (same plot)
-Geneforge

One word : BORING

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by -:

Geneforge used to be my favorite out of the spiderweb games. Jeff's lost the concept. He thinks that making more of a hit game will be good. I don't concur.While some of you may like that idea, I'm finding Jeff's games getting boring.

-Nethergate
-Geneforge

do us all a favor and kill yourself

oh i have already started working on the editor my problem is i already finished it but i cant find a way to give more than 69 essence you can make all the creations but don't have enough essence to make the drakon rotograth (did i spell that right?) or the eyebeast i my main problem is the way i made it work in my
GF2 editor
was to continually add exp but when i do that and load my save game the program quits does anyone know what to do ??
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #12
i forgot to do my victory dance

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

IT IS FINALY OUT YAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[ Monday, March 28, 2005 14:40: Message edited by: hawk king ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by -:

-Nethergate
-Geneforge

Do you have Blades of Exile or Blades of Avernum? If not, you should definitely take a look at them -- the design community's done some very interesting things with each of them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
Okay, while I admit I like some of the stuff that he's done for GF3 (connected areas within a location, for instance), I have to admit that I groaned when the phrase "monster plague" was first uttered in the game.

I like it and I'm probably going to get it eventually, but I'm not sure that I'm going to spend the money right away.

Opinions from others so far?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #15
omg i hate all the mac users out there, u r so lucky omg, i wish i had a mac
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Waffle Guy:

omg i hate all the mac users out there, u r so lucky omg, i wish i had a mac
ha what you get for buying cheap :D
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #17
Oh well, I suppose now I just have to wait a bit for the beta and pray I get in. Hope all you mac users enjoy the game in the meantime...I'm gonna go and find a mac to play the demo on now... :P

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #18
I haven't gotten very far into the game yet. I've torn myself away to post here and keep up with the community and my poor dog had to go to the vet.

My first impression is good. I like the improved graphics. I'm not thrilled about the PC choices. The same three with no new color options. I really liked the ideal of the Shaper in black, but either way is fine. The NPCs move very smoothly and nicely adding to the realism of the game. I like the story so far and am getting used to the way the game is now setup.

The Extra PCs you see in the screen shots are indeed tagalongs. I chose to leave them behind. I'm playing as an Agent with no creations at the moment. Over all it looks very nice :)

[ Monday, March 28, 2005 16:32: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4548
Profile #19
Oh I'm sooooo happy!!!! I've been checking all month. I've been playing G2 again in anticipation. I checked the site after work and ....... yes!!!!

I've been playing around a bit, relishing and savoring and enjoying. So far, no complaints. I like female agents. Alone.

Thank you, Jeff and thank you everybody else who was involved. Gonna be buying this one real, real soon! (tonight?)

Bek
sig-less

--------------------
No fear, no brains.
J. Joyce.... Ulysses
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #20
I'm going to download it tonight. (Man, and I just registered GF2 today to play again. Gosh!)

HK: "---" has the right to an opinion, methinks, and it's one shared by many. ---, I think Thuryl's recommendation is very wise, give the Blades a try (which you choose I think depends upon your preferences for graphics, in a way, but BoE is huge and BoA is erupting like a drunk maniac who's drunk an entire box of cheap bear. There are scenarios coming out of the wazoo. Yay.)

"Monster plagues" knowing nothing about it, it seems it keeps up with the hack and slash part of prior GF games. Meh. As long as he hasn't sacrificed from the cool story points the othe GF games had, cool.

Oh, and Icshi: Yah, man. You were very close in your stimate on its size. Yipee.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #21
It's times like this that make me want to throw an ax through my Windows....

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #22
I've been playing Geneforge 3 (already sent in my registration payment!) during the few vacant spaces today, and really like the new interface. Having the text block gone is nice, though I wish the floating text on the screen would stick around longer, even on the "slow" setting. The new graphics, and a greater diversity of them, is marvellous. But the shining triumph is the inventory system — this is exactly what I've been wanting since playing Nethergate back in '01. All in a single window you can fiddle with stuff in your pack — arranging the items in whatever order you wish — equip yourself, set your "quick" items (like quick speel slots, but with items), and get things off the ground as well as putting things down. The only thing missing is text showing how heavy an item on the ground is when you put your cursor over it — you have to do the command-click thing to get that info. But still it's great, and a joy to work with.

Haven't gotten into the story much so far. But then, the first sixth of these games is usually pretty basic, gaining levels quickly and buliding up an idea of what's going on around you.

After experimenting with "pick-up" characters in GF2, and being continually frustrated with their blundering stupidity, I've sworn never to let an NPC join. I too am playing as a lone Agent — I usually play through a Geneforge game first time as a Shaper, but found that I play a lot better as an Agent.

At this point I'd like nothing more than to barricade myself in my room and not come out until I've played all the way through, but sadly, I'm going to be whisked away from my computer for four days starting on Thursday while I'm out of town. Will have to grit my teeth and yet again suffer through a "long" wait... But for the moment the onset of GF3 pre-withdrawl madness has ebbed away.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #23
Oh duh, sorry answered my own question

[ Monday, March 28, 2005 18:07: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

I wish the floating text on the screen would stick around longer.
Press 't' to bring it back up if it disappears before you can read it.

Pages