Geneforge 3 available for Macintosh

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 available for Macintosh
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #25
*bows down before the Glory of Jeff*

All hail Jeff, of house Vogel!

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #26
Ooooh, thanks Spiderweb!! HOORAY :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #27
It's been years since I've used a Mac, I've got one quick, and painfully obvious question:

How do I manage to check the life of the creatures I'm fighting?

I've done about 6 areas.

Some spoilers.

It seems we shouldn't sell those crystals that quickly. I wonder which to keep, though? According to a book we'll be able to create items, but which crystal should we keep? (I'm thinking not the flawed ones, but. . .)

So far not much story. Litalia is really furious and is causing havok, but not much else.

Well. . . this time we've got Days! I wonder if this is something that changes according to how many regions you visit, though?

I loved the double map for the School region, and wonder if that will repeat for others? (the fort, perhaps?)

Like the new graphics too! I like the animation for the Mind! (those cute little limbs moving. . . aaaah! What a cutesy!)

I also enjoy that you can sell almost anything, and that, apparently, shopkeepers have unlimited money (at least the one in South End seems to have, unless I missed some obvious number on the screen)

Oh, the mines have changed slightly too. I like the change. Although I enjoyed deactivating one by one, this new method sure saves time.

I guess the demo will cover the first two islands?

Have you guys noticed any secret or easter egg yet? I've seen none.

(anybody with tons of leadership: can you convince the Battle creation to fight with you in the Training Grounds? Can you get the Mind to give more information about the special Test, although it is self evident, I guess (tough mamma, I mean, daddy, I mean thingy.))

What are those green tubes/columns in the school? The ones with the swirling liquid inside? Any ideas?

The Master of the school (Hoge?) was very interested in how one responds to his dilemma. I wonder on which side he's on.

Well . . . it seems we've got two sects right off the bat: Litalia and the. . . Awakened, I guess. We could count three if we assume being loyal to the Shapers.

We can finally wear necklaces and pants!!!

Also, I like the armor as percentage.

Well. Going to enter the Mines tomorrow.

Good luck guys!!!

I also want to barricade myself in my room. Darn work and darn morning classes.

Cheers!

(this looks like a big game, kind of like what E3 was to Exile. . .(?))

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #28
There are only two "sects" in GF3, the Shapers and the Rebels.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by [b:
Thuryl[/b]]
Do you have Blades of Exile or Blades of Avernum? If not, you should definitely take a look at them -- the design community's done some very interesting things with each of them.
I guess those are exceptions, because it creates everlasting gaming.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by *i:

There are only two "sects" in GF3, the Shapers and the Rebels.
So it's essentially "A Small Rebellion" on a game-wide scale, complete with moral dilemmas associated with both sides? Yay. :rolleyes:
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Someone or other said:
After experimenting with "pick-up" characters in GF2, and being continually frustrated with their blundering stupidity, I've sworn never to let an NPC join.
You get to control Alwan and Greta, so you don't need to worry about blundering stupidity. They're actually rather useful.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Warrior
Member # 5167
Profile #32
oh no!!!
well, thanks SpidWeb, but i got a Windows!!!
noo!!!
does a mac emulator exist?
if not, i'll try to build one, and get money for :cool:
no, im kidding for the money...

--------------------
Finished Sub2 levels:
Shop"keep"er
Machinery Complex
Machinery Complex2
Machinery Complex3
Machinery Complex4
Munchkin City
In progress:
None
Abandonned:
T.E.L.E.P.O.R.T
Sub-Way
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #33
Anyone else think Alwan is kind of a waste? He's supposed to be a guardian, but seems to be lacking in the shaping-skills department. Not to mention he can't carry anything, which is frustrating, and he's a boiling cauldron of moronic rage in all the important dialogues.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #34
I like it overall...

I don't like how you pick things up though. Kind of a hassle to do all of that mouse moving and clicking ( i don't use the keys, to far apart)

There are still some spelling/grammar mistakes but that's OK

The grapghics are deteriorating! They are moving claser and closer to cartoon stuff!

I like the value of stuff.

Like I said overall ... nice.

OK I Can't hold it in any longer! :
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5540
Profile #35
^ i really am not a fan of the new item getting/equipping window. I thought the old way was much more efficient. plus I find myself losing important items when i unequip them, because i seem to instinctively want to put them to the right side of the screen, like in the old one, which in this game is "the ground". bah!
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Tbg10101:

I don't like how you pick things up though. Kind of a hassle to do all of that mouse moving and clicking ( i don't use the keys, to far apart)

I'm not sure what your problem is - the computer generally has two input devices the mouse and keyboard. If you don't use the keyboard you will have to use the mouse. Inherent in using the mouse as an input device is clicking and draging. For many things it is not the most efficient input device - try typing a letter just using the mouse and some kind of character selection matrix. Frankly, I find it trivial to hit 'a' or 'b' or whatever when I want to pick up something from the ground. My left hand is on the keyboard anyway, 'a' is right on the home row, 'b' is a whole centimetre away from my pointer finger. I must be missing something...
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #37
I have been very comfortable with the new inventory. I tend to use the keyboard and just type the letter. I don't see why the ground would be mistaken for your pack, at a quick glace it is easy to see you don't have sticks, rocks, and skulls in your pack. I like being able to arrange things and carry so much more. The old way didn't seem to have a very good way of organizing the inventory. I always had to scroll through the menu looking for what I wanted. Now it's all right there in front of me.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #38
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

quote:
Someone or other said:
After experimenting with "pick-up" characters in GF2, and being continually frustrated with their blundering stupidity, I've sworn never to let an NPC join.
You get to control Alwan and Greta, so you don't need to worry about blundering stupidity. They're actually rather useful.

That was me...

So, you get to control them, eh? I may try that out.

In GF2 I got really mad at my companions when I raided the Radiant College and sabotaged their whatsit. Hostile energy was being excuded at an alarming rate, and everybody in the place wanted to kill us, so what should we do? Run for our lives? Or stick real close to the source of the radiation, flinging puny acid bolts at every Drayk and Ur-Glaahk that comes close? :rolleyes: Fine, you stay there and do that, then. Excuse me while I run for my life. I lost about half my party because those fools would rather die a pointless death than skeedadle and continue living. I guess maybe they had chronic depression problems and that seemed the only way out.

I don't think too much of GF3's story so far. Still, I'm still well within the "demo" section (even though I'm now registered!) and those are seldom very stellar storywise. I shall reserve judgement.

[ Tuesday, March 29, 2005 16:05: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #39
Since this is a busy week for me, I will not be able to submerge myself 24/7 in G3 like some of the young whippersnappers on this forum. So to avoid spoilers I will be disappearing from here until I finish the game at my own slow pace.

I believe I have avoided spoilers in what follows.

I'm starting with a loner Agent on Torment, and I believe I'm approaching the end of the demo area (though those nice folks at Spiderweb got me registered almost immediately). I'll be at level 16 in a couple of ticks.

So far I'm very pleased. I'm trying not to burn my bridges with any faction, to keep my options open as long as possible. This is proving surprisingly difficult, which is quite cool. In G2 you could string everyone along pretty easily, but now I feel much more like I'm sitting on a powderkeg. Some of the 'no turning back' options that I have avoided so far are things I will definitely want to try out another time. Also the new engine seems to allow quite a few wrinkles we didn't see in G1 or G2, and this is nice. Finally the AI seems to be able to play smarter, but the fact that (minor) Daze now affects everyone in sight keeps saving me from certain doom.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 06:50: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #40
If I remember correctly, you can go a very long way without burning any bridges.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #41
Okay, I started over and picked up Greta, and she also seems to be pretty weak sauce - my new fyoras hit with more frequency than she does.

Is there really any point to picking up NPCs, other than for variety?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #42
NPCs become very, very strong. Also, they gain skill points that can be used to make them stronger, if you hadn't noticed that.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages