GF 1 - Shaper Crypt

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: GF 1 - Shaper Crypt
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #25
My Shaper went in at level 17 and while I didn't make it into the Inner Crypt due to being completely unable to find the Crescent Stones (advice would be appreciated), a phalanx of three Terror Vlishes and three regular Vlishes along with a Drayk made the experience quite manageable. Occasional battles that involved several of the tougher Glaahk, Drayk, and Battle Alpha spawns were slightly hairy, but I explored nearly the entire zone on my first pass. (And leveled twice.)
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #26
Crescent Stones drop from Crescent Thahds in the more desolate areas of western Sucia Island. You might've missed them dropping these as the Crescent Stones look just like any other stone does.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #27
The inner crypts are the deadlist area in the game.

Super-Spawners that can't be turned off spawn huge and massivly powerful creations, Pylons pund you with slowing, curse and essance orb spells.

Then there is the Shaper tomb, home of the mighty creator of the Geneforge himself (or herself?) who is possibly the most powerful enemy in the game.

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Trust me, you do not want to click this link
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #28
Originally by Chicken:

quote:
Crescent Stones drop from Crescent Thahds in the more desolate areas of western Sucia Island. You might've missed them dropping these as the Crescent Stones look just like any other stone does.
Specifically, in the Western Wastes (the area with all the clawbugs) near its nest. There is also a crescent shade in the Drayk's Vale (the area with all the pillars and cryodrayks). They only appear occasionally, so if you can't find one, leave the zone and come back.

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #29
I definitely didn't miss the Crescent Thahd, as pretty much everything I killed in that zone was a variety of Clawbug. I explored the Drayk's Vale but couldn't find anything that looked like a Crescent Shade.

Whereabouts in those two areas would these creatures spawn if they're present on a given visit? If it's random I am so not bothering.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #30
The thahd is near the nest with a note about how something large and barefoot must live there. The shade is on the east edge of the zone, just north of the servile hermit's place.

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #31
Thanks. :)
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #32
So naturally it turns out that the very next time I enter Drayk's Vale I run right into the Crescent Shade. Cleared both areas. Not particularly hard for a post-Geneforge-use Shaper and his army of substantially enhanced Vlishes, Terror Vlishes and Ur-Glaahks. Although definitely nastier than anything else.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #33
Yes, using the Geneforge does make things easier, doesn't it? :D

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 8804
Profile #34
I managed as a level 20 Shaper, without using the Geneforge... Went in with 4 cryodrayks, hasted, blessed, combat, and left my shaper at the entrance, proceeding to storm the place with the drayks. Once they all got killed off, I left, healed up, and came back. This took about 3 or 4 runs, after which I could storm in and loot the place. I do remember almost being blocked off by the spawns, though. And this WAS on Normal...
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #35
Hmm. I didn't really have a horrible time pre-Geneforge with two trios of Vlishes, one trio regular, the other Terror. And a regular Drayk. Though that *was* the Shaper Crypt, not the Inner Crypt, and I'd turned off the pylons.
Apprentice
Member # 8971
Profile #36
if you wanna know how to beat that thing you can push Shift + D at the same time and type in "dbugkill"(without brackets).
it's gonna work but don't use it too much because
it's gonna kill every enemy on the level in 4-5 uses. the game will become boring.

Pages