GF Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF Questions
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #0
In general what level should you expect to be by the end of each Geneforge game. I want to know so that I can spend each skill point wisely.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #1
In G1, I usually end up around the mid-30's. I don't have the registered versions of G2-G4 yet, so I can't really give you advice there.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
In G2-G4, you can generally expect to end up in the mid-40s.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #3
I train a lot, so in G1 I wind up at the final level of 31. In G2, I am currently level 33, but still going. In G3, I wind up around level 40. G4, same.

Hope that helps.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
New questions (GF1):

1) In the Shaper Crypt, I found the lone pillar/pylon in the narrow hallway (it's through the room of 11 mechanic crystals) and when I pressed it, it told me that I found an ivory rod. I didn't get it as an item or special item though. Nothing. Did the game screw up?

2) I'm at a point in the game where I know I should specialize in a certain branch of shaping, but I'm not sure which. My choices right now are either Magic (cheaper creation cost, cheaper skill cost) or Fire (Dryaks). The real question is Ghlaaks or Dryaks? Dryaks are stronger, have more hp, and have a ranged attack while Ghlaaks are cheaper in cost and can stun enemies.

3) Does battle shaping ever get balanced in the other Geneforges? Battle Betas suck and Battle Alphas are considerably weaker than the other third tier creations. They do less damage, they can't stun, they don't have a ranged attack, and their hp isn't that much better than Dryaks. Plus they aren't Cryodryaks or Ur-Ghlaaks.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #5
I'm not sure about your question #1... Did you check that your pack wasn't full?
Question #2: I seem to recall drayks being better.
Question #3: Battle creations never balance out in the later Geneforges. They are mostly weak meat sheilds that lack the ability to do really anything. (Some may argue that the Rotghroth in the later ones is powerful, but I didn't find it that great.)

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Apprentice
Member # 8078
Profile #6
Since this is a GF question topic ill use this instead of making another.

In G3 on the Isle of Spears(Shaper) if you convince the other shapers to help you attack Benerii-Eo where do you find them?All I found is a room where it says they were here but it looks like there was a fight.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #7
If you opened the gates for them then you will find them in a corner after a few hot pads. They really aren't that helpful when it comes down to it and have a very low survival rate, so I usually spare them the fight.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Apprentice
Member # 8078
Profile #8
In the Geneforge or the core?
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #9
Back to Battle Shaping in Geneforges 2,3,4:
Battle shaping in Geneforge 2 had a useful Clawbug. But Fire Shaping gave the Drakon, who was a good melee combatant, I usually had him move right up to an opponent and then hit. The magic side, the spit fire attack was good but never did enough damage, except against a few low level enemies. In melee there is the possibility of a high speed giving a second swing.

For the last third of the game I had just a Shaper and the Drakon. (I was really into Strong Daze, knock all enemies out then attack just one.) When in Gazak Uss I backed up the two of them with a Rotghroth. (I have not finished Gazak Uss.)

I found that monsters who join you, as opposed to being created by you, are good but that they can never be controlled. In certain fights that leads to massive headaches, the party needs to pull back and rest but the NPC insists on attacking powerful monsters.

Does anyone actually use a small army? A few high quality creations are all you need. Cannon fodder has trouble hitting those tough high level monsters. The fewer the creations the higher and faster the Shaper gains levels.

In Geneforge 3 and 4 I have played only bits of the beginning, I found a Fyora to be quite enough. (In 3 I am using the help of Greta.)

A meat shield is quite useful considering that Shapers are weak, especially as the game progresses and the monsters get to have many more hp than the Shaper.

[ Monday, February 26, 2007 19:45: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #10
im stuck in certain places like icewalls
im scared to go there because i think im not strong enuf to enter the west workshop.
and also the valley of the wind and spirit city
the batle gama is a major pest especialy that im loyal to the shapers to the end.
i havent used enuf canisters and my magic stats are crap but i have good intelegence its at lvl 10 but im (lvl 12 Shaper) and i need cash for mec and luck (mec 2000 buks) (luck 500 buks)
and speak foreign its 1000 buks but i get discount for leadership (one lesson only)
i cant seem to survive the levels:
holding 2,shaper crypt,icewall plus west workshop,diazrad.
i got 8 pts left :(
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #11
We type in English here.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #12
He did his best, don't patronize him because English isn't his first language.

If you're level only level 12, you should find other areas to explore before tackling the Icewalls, etc. By the time the demo ended I was level 11, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding other areas.

Start from Pentil and head east. Don't cross the bridges, and don't go too far to the North.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Originally by TJC Shaper:

quote:
i havent used enuf canisters and my magic stats are crap but i have good intelegence its at lvl 10 but im (lvl 12 Shaper) and i need cash for mec and luck (mec 2000 buks) (luck 500 buks)
There aren't any consequences to using canisters in G1, so use all the ones you find, if you haven't been.

Anyway, basically like Enraged Slith said, clear the east bridges and head to Kazg. Those will be the level-appropriate zones.

You should have fewer problems with money if you sell everything you don't need, don't buy what you don't desparately need, and don't make shopkeepers with lots of gold left angry at you.

Dikiyoba hopes that helps.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
GF1 and GF2 both have fixed economies so the shop keepers will eventually run out of money. Drain them dry by selling what you don't need. Keep the pods and spores since you will probably find uses for them.
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #15
thats wat i did but now im lvl 14 :D i think and im at sealed lab. Wat is the best way to kill the ghosts? use drayk or s. artila?
They are deadly, especialy the agent ghosts and south workshop is toxic due to the poison leak and i only have (calculating health)...
59 hp and 4 endurance (2 from canisters)
and yes i no there is no concequence for using them all in GF.
Demel's ghost is dumb so i trick him into giving me the baton needed to destroy the geneforge, :rolleyes: but i cant go to the geneforge cause i need the entry baton from west workshop but ill die in there i dont have 300 hp like the older shaper on the isle plus the crapy takers wont let me go to the rebels cause they are brainless little crap heads! :mad: I need i curentlty have 6 mec so i can go to some places.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #16
You can all ways cheat :P :)

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

You can all ways cheat :P :)
Someone is having trouble getting through a game. He has not yet cheated as far as any of us know. You suggested that he cheat. You are a cretin. Shut up.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
The best way to survive damage zones is to immediately enter combat mode and stay there, so that you only take damage every round instead of every second. You can always come back after you've gained a few levels; there's no rush to reach the Geneforge, and it's a bit early for you to be going there now.

[ Wednesday, March 21, 2007 08:40: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #19
i no a way to get infinite money (without cheating)
u no the light green box mines that make creatures when the get triged well they always come back when u leave the zone and the ones in the tombs at the south end of the isle the ones there makes thahds and tthey sometimes drop gold or a ring when u kill them but u have to let it explode then kill the thahd with your weapon yur magic or your creatures and when your under lvl 14 u can get some decent exp till u get nomore
and in free place same thing but spawns battle alphas and they drop coins (and, or) armor
and get good exp if your under lvl 16
there is one more zone that has light g box mines that spawn something stronger than b alpha
the claw bugs in dry wastes give good xp.
i got a rare source wen u kill a shade (shaper or other) it drops ghost gear.
list of gear it drops if u dont no:
specter gloves,specter boots,specter robe.
those are worth alot of coins
and its rare for them to drop
(better chance with more luck)
also more luck means more cash right?
am i right?
Apprentice
Member # 8473
Profile #20
I take it your character can NOT be transferred from one Geneforge game to the next?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
Nope. After all, the plotline of each of the GFs involved an apprentice who has very little power yet.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #22
A bit late to the discussion so I'll just go by bulletpoints.

- In GF3 I ended up at level 42 after killing most everything I could get my sword into. Could probably go as high as 44 if you play your alliences right (I had a few quests I couldn't finish).

- The ivory rod can be either on the floor (if your pack was full) or in the Special Items section.

- Oh man, the NPC helpers for Benerii-Eo are more trouble then they are worth! After the room that has "signs of a fight" you will find them in the actual Geneforge. Beware, there are a few bugs here.

1) If you kill the final boss without asking the NPC Shapers for help they will turn hostile.
2) If you kill the boss with their help and try to attack any of the creations he summons that you've made friendly to yourself they will turn hostile

Conclusion: Either don't use them at all (they really hinder more then help if you've played your cards right) or make sure they leave the map before killing anything else.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #23
I got to level 45 in GF4,killing everything,also a double agent...
I leveled up right before the end of the game.
Killing General Alwan.

--------------------
R.R