do you know the origins of the shapers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: do you know the origins of the shapers
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
How did the shapers a united strong, powerful, influential , magic guild came to birth? And most importantly what made the shapers and thier power ?

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #1
There are hints on this in G1.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #2
I know the facts but i can figure it out how shapers can create such wonders and how the inhabitants of suchia island have a link.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Have you discovered the "Great Secret"? That is to say, have you been able to get into the temple in the Spirit City to talk with the spectral priest and seen the ancient shaping platform?

Dikiyoba.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #4
HAHA THANK YOU i was overjoyed when you told me that well now, i have a question to all what caused the "suchians" to have such powers or is it a mystery that cannot be reveled. What could be the reasons? I wonder.

It could be the next factor to the end of the sequel.
When paradise will rose up from hell.

[ Thursday, December 21, 2006 09:20: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6816
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
How did the shapers a united strong, powerful, influential , magic guild came to birth?
they came to be a magic guild by killing anyone who disagreed with them. :)
quote:
what caused the "suchians" to have such powers
Drayks taught them. :D its true! thats why shapers hate drayks.

--------------------
i eat serviles for breakfast.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Originally by bigfix:

quote:
Drayks taught them. :D its true! thats why shapers hate drayks.
It's not true.

Dikiyoba doesn't think there's any reason given, so use your imagination.
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #7
Argh, I didn't finish looking through Spirit City in G1 (it was one of the only two or three zones I didn't completely go through.) Thats why I don't know much about shaper origins...

Now I don't have a save file of G1 anymore... :(
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
Shaping started on Sucia Island, but it was hit and usually miss in figuring out what to do. This had a dreadful result when it was used in war against the other inhabitants. After centuries it gradually improved to it's present form. GF1 has that Sucia Island was barred because the research Shapers had found a systematic way to shape and it extended to shaping themselves.

Drayks were one of the creations that was given too much intelligence and became independent. The other was gazer which also has been barred and is being hunting down. Both creations used Sucia Island techniques to shape themselves resulting in drakons and eyebeasts. Now they are taking over.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #9
how does one get into that temple?

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
You have to touch all the pylons in the waste areas near the city. I think the first one is in the Drayk's Vale and then go in a circle from there. I forget the direction, but you'll know you're on the right track if the pylon doesn't do anything to you. If it shocks you, you have to start over. Once you've touched all the pylons, the runes in the temple won't make you feel bad anymore and you'll be able to cross safely.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #11
never knew that

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #12
HEY i used all those lifes and rods to enter why no one told me
before!!

So the shaper discored the ways of shaping and came back to sucia island to renforce their bases of shaping them selves .

[ Tuesday, December 26, 2006 11:05: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Well, not exactly. The game implies that the Shapers could have found something in the ruins that helped them discover genes and the geneforge. On the other hand, there are no books or records of the Shapers exploring the ruins and finding something useful. (There is a book about an expedition, but by that time the Geneforge was already underway.) The spirit in the temple says that the Shapers never came and talked to it. So it could have been nothing but coincidence that the discovery of shaping and the discovery of genes happened on the same island.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #14
quote:
Now I don't have a save file of G1 anymore... :(
You could just start over and dbugkill your way up there, just make sure you deactivate the temple's hazards as Dikiyoba explained (the direction is clockwise).

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)